HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Nov 17, 2012 at 8:36 AM Post #7,352 of 21,868
My God LOL..LOL..LOL..LOL..LOL.. 

Sorry, i don't mean anything, i'm laughing because of prep reaction
tongue.gif

Nov 19, 2012 at 6:38 PM Post #7,355 of 21,868
My matched quad of Genelex Gold Lion KT77 arrived today. I installed them in the AES-25 Superamp Signature edition. While they only have a few hours on them now, the HE6s are sounding very good. I have them biased at 240 DC/ma, which is Class A for the amp. These headphones continue to amaze me. :D

Nov 20, 2012 at 10:21 AM Post #7,356 of 21,868
Quote:
Do let us know.

If the LCD-3 is to your liking signature wise and not veiled, not even the HE-6 will beat it.

You're always stirring trouble around here.....
tongue_smile.gif

Nov 20, 2012 at 10:29 AM Post #7,358 of 21,868
Quote:
Did I say that in THIS thread? 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Although I found the LCD-3 to be much better out of my avid mbox pro than through the mjolnir; it's still not quite as good as my HE-6 I don't think. I'm not allowed wearing my HE-6/HD800 for a week so I can get to know the LCD-3 better, I am getting more accustomed, but it's definitely not as neutral as the two others.

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Nov 20, 2012 at 10:53 AM Post #7,359 of 21,868
Quote:
Although I found the LCD-3 to be much better out of my avid mbox pro than through the mjolnir; it's still not quite as good as my HE-6 I don't think. I'm not allowed wearing my HE-6/HD800 for a week so I can get to know the LCD-3 better, I am getting more accustomed, but it's definitely not as neutral as the two others.

It comes down to preference.That Audeze signature is hard to resist though. Both cans are top notch.

FWIW: When I first got my LCD-3 I wanted to send them back. It took over a month of only listening to the LCD-3 to fully appreciate it.

Nov 20, 2012 at 1:38 PM Post #7,361 of 21,868
Quote:
Did your return window run out?  
tongue.gif

Haha! I had waited a few months of really wanting them (the veil issues), so I figured if I didn't like 'em, I'd sell for a slight loss.

Nov 20, 2012 at 1:53 PM Post #7,362 of 21,868
Quote:

How is this possible?  I thought the mjolnir was the Schiit.  
blink.gif

Nov 20, 2012 at 6:36 PM Post #7,363 of 21,868
I find when I want to get to know a headphone or tweak more intimately, I'll allow myself a minimum of 21 days. And if the source of the loan is flushed with cans,
tongue_smile.gif
 let's see what two months can bring.

Nov 20, 2012 at 10:11 PM Post #7,364 of 21,868
Quote:

How is this possible?  I thought the mjolnir was the Schiit.  
blink.gif

Well, I do love the mjolnir/gung combo, but it also seems to have a bit more bass than neutral which doesn't totally synergize perfectly with the lcd-3 (+ lcd3's midbass). The combo also is very crispy/resolving but not too aggressive in the highs (being SS) so that does help the LCD-3.

I'm really appreciating the LCD-3's more with certain genres; but not everything. I'm bobbing my head to some heavier songs a bit more than usual. It's a fun and laid-back headphone and I can see why it's one of the most popular. Good blend of fantastic technicality and musicality. It's not the type of headphone I'd want to have first and foremost, but it's definitely a good easy-listening/ kick-back and relax phone that is a welcome complement to my HD800/HE6.

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Nov 21, 2012 at 5:09 AM Post #7,365 of 21,868
Quote:
Well, I do love the mjolnir/gung combo, but it also seems to have a bit more bass than neutral which doesn't totally synergize perfectly with the lcd-3 (+ lcd3's midbass). The combo also is very crispy/resolving but not too aggressive in the highs (being SS) so that does help the LCD-3.

I'm really appreciating the LCD-3's more with certain genres; but not everything. I'm bobbing my head to some heavier songs a bit more than usual. It's a fun and laid-back headphone and I can see why it's one of the most popular. Good blend of fantastic technicality and musicality. It's not the type of headphone I'd want to have first and foremost, but it's definitely a good easy-listening/ kick-back and relax phone that is a welcome complement to my HD800/HE6.

Can you tell any difference between the LCD-3 and the LCD-2.2 on the mjolnir/gung?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back