HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Nov 10, 2010 at 12:02 PM Post #647 of 21,868
I enjoyed your review, Kiertijai.  Thank you.  Hopefully I am still on topic if I ask, do you believe a 3-Board Beta 22 will drive the HE6.  My gain is 5 and I normally set my volume knob at around 10:30 or 11 oclock with my HD-800s.  Thanks.

Nov 10, 2010 at 12:17 PM Post #648 of 21,868
Dear Mr. Green
     Yes I wholeheartedly agree that any objective measurement would add more information to that like for the Audeze LCD-2
     Dear XLR1  I cannot answer this question and I think Larry is the one who know best
     I am ordering a 4 board beta 22 and Ying who will build it mention that the balanced input and output should be able
to drive the HE6.   I don't know about the unbalanced input setup input but in  my gut feeling I think it should.
     For the recable,  I will try my best concerning stock cable vs Twag vs Warren Audio
                             I will try to test the Sennheiser HD800 with Zeus cable with the current setup
     I also would like to have comments from those who have been using the Zeus for LCD-2 because I will have one coming.
     I am also waiting for the one and only true expert comment from Larry and also from Skylab
     I will test that after the burn in as Ms T has just emailed me informing that the HE6 needs some burn in to show its full
potential.  I wrote to her asking to buy the prototype as Larry has mentioned that the prototype is better and more natural sounding.

Nov 10, 2010 at 2:28 PM Post #650 of 21,868
My WA22 was able to fully power the prototype HE-6, but it took a 50wpc speaker amp to drive them properly and make them really sing.

Nov 10, 2010 at 5:43 PM Post #652 of 21,868
The Maggies are pretty close in DB with the HE6 and I would also be concerned about the head amps to drive them properly. The Meir can put 6.5W into that load so it may work. I anxiously await more impressions on the differences from the prototype and new finished product. The LCD2 is easy to drive and works both on my tube OTL and the Meir. People should start reporting next  week and it should be interesting

Nov 10, 2010 at 6:48 PM Post #653 of 21,868
My HE-6 just arrived, but will have to wait a few hours before seeing whether the 3-board B22 powers them well.

Looking forward to selling everything except a single headphone and amp. What that combo will be remains to be seen.

Nov 10, 2010 at 6:51 PM Post #654 of 21,868
I think just for variety sake, I wouldn't want just one headphone. I really look forward to your impressions. 

Nov 10, 2010 at 6:52 PM Post #655 of 21,868

Quote:
My HE-6 just arrived, but will have to wait a few hours before seeing whether the 3-board B22 powers them well.

Looking forward to selling everything except a single headphone and amp. What that combo will be remains to be seen.

redface.gif
we have one in Melbourne?! So.. err.. where do you live?
tongue.gif
Melbourne meet soon IMO?

Nov 10, 2010 at 6:55 PM Post #656 of 21,868
Yes, I am much closer to Australia now than the US. So, err, where are you? 

Nov 10, 2010 at 7:02 PM Post #657 of 21,868
 Just received mine, will be using the Concerto which gives out 2.65W@32ohms

Quote:

Nov 10, 2010 at 7:08 PM Post #659 of 21,868
I would like to see some impressions on even lower wattage amps. I would love to get a pair but am very constrained on amps due to my mobile needs. I have an amp to put out 18 volts at 1.3 watts. It is at the bottom end. It should work well with the LC-2 but. . . 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back