HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
May 22, 2010 at 2:50 AM Post #17 of 21,868

Quote:
...as far as i know or guess the new HE-6 has been under development already for 2 years.They have been building up molds for the coming headphones wich probably will be several different models.The LE is one of those new products.I wish i could see wood in a headphone in the price category of 1200-1600 USD .When you open the HE-5 and put metal against the inner driver its quite magnetic so gold has good conductance but also probably some golden softness to the sound.

Boy, that is some great inside info, how did you come to get it?
The part about the gold plating makes a lot more sense now.

May 22, 2010 at 3:15 AM Post #22 of 21,868
popcorn.gif

May 22, 2010 at 6:37 AM Post #25 of 21,868
A new version already!
Guess it is time to hang on before eventually ordering then...

May 22, 2010 at 9:37 AM Post #26 of 21,868

Quote:
wow thats a fast introduction.... Wonder if the new HE-6 is going to cannibalize the HE-5LE's sale.  The price difference is huge but.... 

I think, personally, that the price difference is enough that there wouldn't be much cannibalization.  The HE-5LE are terrific for the money, and a lot more people can buy $600 headphone than a $1200 one.

May 22, 2010 at 10:16 AM Post #27 of 21,868

Quote:
I think, personally, that the price difference is enough that there wouldn't be much cannibalization.  The HE-5LE are terrific for the money, and a lot more people can buy $600 headphone than a $1200 one.

Right on! If the price is going to be 1200 or more that is just too much for me, but at 600 or 700 dollars seems more affordable. Though I am thinking about the LCD-2
ph34r.gif
lol... I guess never say never... Cheers, *** Also has anybody else noticed a trend now?????? All top headphones are in the over a grand category! Hmmm pretty soon they will raise the bar to 2 grand... oh boy... by that time I will just get speakers lol...
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 22, 2010 at 12:12 PM Post #30 of 21,868

Quote:

Boy, that is some great inside info, how did you come to get it?
The part about the gold plating makes a lot more sense now.

There are whispers around ! , the HE-6 will not be in the HD-800 category its a contender in Orpheus category wich make it more than interesting otherwise Fang would have not pointed to the caliber of the Threshold amp.The new headphone line of HIFIMAN needs also a reference model , if its great it allows huge sales also in other cheaper models.They have put a lot of research in the last 2 years to develop this phone and its hard for a headphone addict to wait to see what they have to introduce at CANJAM , at least we will see gold drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back