HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Mar 23, 2013 at 11:34 AM Post #8,476 of 21,879
Quote:

Congrats are in order!!!

So have you put the 6s on them?  Or are you just using speakers?  

Also what part of MD are you located?

Only with he6 so far.  Should have been clearer.  Was going to try speakers tomorrow.  The speakers are connected with pranawire speaker cables, which are the antithesis of flexible.  So I have to get up my courage and also need to move other stuff around to make everything fit to try with speakers  I got the m2 for the headphones so that is where I have been focusing so far

Mar 25, 2013 at 12:10 PM Post #8,481 of 21,879
Quote:
Thank you HiFiMan. Happy Camper is a happy camper.

Welcome home my precious.
tongue.gif

You got them?  How different do they look and sound?

Mar 25, 2013 at 12:56 PM Post #8,482 of 21,879
I think they are new. New pleather pads and a hint. A free impedance box. :xf_eek:

So begins the break in but it will be with a smile.

not as stiff as the last pair, firm yet flexible. Sound is a 6........big soundstage, very detailed. I can finally compare the upgrades you do to yours.

Mar 25, 2013 at 5:23 PM Post #8,484 of 21,879
This may belong in the norse thread. Was listening to vocals (Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong) to see how they sounded on a new amp and the sound was a little harsher than I expected up high. Just not great. So I unpacked the norse reign that I had put away and tried again, and everything was ins the right place. The difference is not all that subtle really. If you have s good source I think s cable upgrade makes a pretty noticeable difference for not all that much money.

Mar 25, 2013 at 6:52 PM Post #8,485 of 21,879
This may belong in the norse thread. Was listening to vocals (Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong) to see how they sounded on a new amp and the sound was a little harsher than I expected up high. Just not great. So I unpacked the norse reign that I had put away and tried again, and everything was ins the right place. The difference is not all that subtle really. If you have s good source I think s cable upgrade makes a pretty noticeable difference for not all that much money.
It's in the plan. I want to hear preproman's modified with the amp adapter being Reign too. It made the 500s sound very good.

Mar 26, 2013 at 1:56 AM Post #8,486 of 21,879
Quote:
I think they are new. New pleather pads and a hint. A free impedance box.
redface.gif

So begins the break in but it will be with a smile.

not as stiff as the last pair, firm yet flexible. Sound is a 6........big soundstage, very detailed. I can finally compare the upgrades you do to yours.

This Sunday, I'll raise a glass of Mimosa in your direction! Are you suggesting the sound stage got bigger with the new revised cans?

Mar 26, 2013 at 1:59 AM Post #8,487 of 21,879
Has anyone here removed the headband from the earphones, and if so did you have any tricks to do it? from what Hifiman told me the screws were glued into place, but even with a heated hair blower I haven't been able to get a screw to budge

Mar 26, 2013 at 6:50 AM Post #8,488 of 21,879
Quote:

+1
Quote:

This Sunday, I'll raise a glass of Mimosa in your direction! Are you suggesting the sound stage got bigger with the new revised cans?

+1?

Mar 26, 2013 at 9:01 AM Post #8,490 of 21,879

No, I'm not comparing to past 6 sets but to the 500s Darryl was letting me use (great mate). Sorry if confusing. As for the toast(s), thank you brothers/sisters. The weekend snow storm gave me reason to take Monday off so I got in one day of good listening in. Right now they are in their morphing stage. Bass is going through it's adjustment. I'll leave them run for the next couple days so I can get a few days of comparisons with the M51 (another preproman loaner program :D)

I've had the rare opportunity to audition many (HE-4, HE-400, HE-500, T-1, HD-800) headphones during the last two months. It was quite a journey and worth the loss of the 6s (for a short time). preproman has graciously given me a fun trial by generously offering part of his stable of headphones during the down time.

THANK YOU sincerely Darryl. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back