HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Nov 4, 2010 at 11:41 PM Post #601 of 21,879

Quote:
I am not touching this regardless of how it sounds till I see reports of reliability and survival rates in the wild. I just received a PM a day ago by a fellow HFier who bought my first HE-5 informing me that one of the drivers had gone dead. 15 months and then kaput.

Hopefully they fixed whatever manufacturing inconsistencies and problems from the get go on the new model.

Audez has also had it's issues as you WELL know. Both companies have shown a strong customer service ethic and willingness to iron out the wrinkles. It's time for you to stop being so obvious with your extreme biases and try to actually become more objective.

Nov 5, 2010 at 12:28 AM Post #602 of 21,879

Quote:
I was honestly considering buying an HE6 until I read this. After there were quality control issues with the HE5 and LE, and you respond with a story on wiki instead of saying "We have improved ...", any confidence I had based on the loaner program immediately vanished. I also find it funny that other members here had to post the release date and price, but when they are released and someone says something that might detract from sales, you post right away for damage control. Idk how my text got put inside the quote.

You obviously didn't get what Nankai was trying to imply. 
tongue.gif

Nov 5, 2010 at 1:58 AM Post #603 of 21,879
The LE has QC issues? I thought it was just the original HE-5 but I stopped following the LE's progress.

Nov 5, 2010 at 2:57 AM Post #604 of 21,879

Quote:
Maybe I'm wrong.. what speed is International Express? I thought it was like 1-2 days?

edit: OK according to USPS site Express International is 3-5 days, Global Express is 1-3 days. Got confused with domestic Express being next day service. Oh well, will give me time to get over my cold!
wink_face.gif

I got my HM-602 the next day after receiving an email confirmation from head direct, assuming ofc it was sent out at the time the email was sent to me.

Nov 5, 2010 at 3:57 AM Post #607 of 21,879

Quote:
eek.gif

Are you sure it is the driver? Any idea what failed in it?

You know..double checking the PM..I am not sure about this. Anyways, the guy who bought it from me has already been responded to by head-direct and I have forwarded him the receipt to get it sorted out.
And Hifiman is quite good about taking corrective action and I say this from first hand experience.

Wish kwkarth had informed me when the loaner HE-6 made it to Portland.

I guess, being a HE-5 customer 3 times qualifies me for a 300$ discount ..right? :p

Nov 5, 2010 at 5:29 AM Post #610 of 21,879
The reasons why are located somewhere in the LCD-2 thread, I think or it may have been another thread possibly the beginning of this one. 

Quote:

I think he had to replace it three times.

Nov 5, 2010 at 8:44 AM Post #615 of 21,879

Quote:
I thought the same thing. Did you win the lottery or something Muppet? I'm jealous.

Nope, no lottery winnings or anything exciting like that. I'm a humble college professor, but most of the funds I dedicate toward my hobby come from being a freelance translator on the side. As a result, there are periods (like now) when I can budget a fair amount toward it and other periods when I cannot.

Also, it helps being the sister (or brother) of another audiophile. My bro and I like to trade gear all the time, and sometimes we'll go half-and-half on certain things that interest us both. For instance, I was talking to him just the other night about splitting the cost of that upcoming Luxman DAC. Probably wont happen until next year though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back