HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
May 21, 2011 at 10:03 PM Post #3,751 of 21,868

Quote:
I mention the blown trace wafer because mine is blown. Took the driver apart and had a hole in it. I was willing to buy a new driver but HiFiMan is willing to cover it. Can't ask for better.

Could it be those 300w am,mps causing the driver to blow up. I am using the headphone jacks on my receivers for the most part and probably use the 35W receiver but both have resistors in them and use them more than i am using my Taboo

May 21, 2011 at 10:06 PM Post #3,752 of 21,868
125 w but no, I was replacing my ICs and forgot I had my amps set to auto instead of off. When I plugged one side in, it kicked on the amp and pop. My stupidity. I will be adding the resistors before connecting them up again.

May 21, 2011 at 10:06 PM Post #3,753 of 21,868
I have had no issues with my drivers but I am wondering what is happening with both audeze and headfi stuff as of late. Could it be too much power. I know products have failures in the lines but I am curious if there are more that have not been posted but in the end they making good on them

May 21, 2011 at 10:10 PM Post #3,754 of 21,868

Quote:
125 w but no, I was replacing my ICs and forgot I had my amps set to auto instead of off. When I plugged one side in, it kicked on the amp and pop. My stupidity.

Wow. I have done stuff like that in the past with gear in my early years. I am very careful not to do that anymore unless everything is off and also do not plug my cans in till my amps are on and I pstop the source and then remove them before shutoff the amps so I am not getting any types of surges than can harm the headphones Sorry to hear that Camp. Maybe t Vince is isolated and I am not worried as mine have played well from day one

May 21, 2011 at 10:19 PM Post #3,756 of 21,868
Great poin on too much current. that is why I am trying to be cautious and use the receiver headphone jacks as I get plenty power without stressing the headphones. My Taboo is only 6W into  8oms and no issue there either. I am careful with them also. I also remember fang saying if your using over 50W amps off the speaker taps use the resistors.

May 21, 2011 at 10:30 PM Post #3,758 of 21,868

Quote:
Quote:
With enough  current you can burn those traces, just like copper traces on a printed circuit board.

Yep. I was going to try and replace the trace wafer but HFM was gracious enough to replace them.

Happy I thought maybe you thought the rapture was happening and did not want to leave them behind.
confused_face_2.gif

May 21, 2011 at 10:50 PM Post #3,761 of 21,868

Quote:
Quote:
Happy, that was not a manufacturing defect but for Fang to cover it that is some customer service. 
atsmile.gif

Don't I know it.

Open circuit to close when you plug in the IC, in-rush current went through the HE-6, burned the traces. I always set my amp's vol to minimum when swapping ICs. But if my amp has no vol control, I always turn it off first.

May 21, 2011 at 11:12 PM Post #3,764 of 21,868
My HE-5s seemed to have internal connection issues and Fang/Ms.T were very helpful back then. This is a different issue but I have confidence in them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back