HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
May 21, 2011 at 11:22 AM Post #3,736 of 21,868
Yeah unfortunately I'm pretty sure. I tried reversing the cable and going back to the stock cable and still no sound out of the right side. My K1000 works fine out of that rig.

May 21, 2011 at 12:41 PM Post #3,737 of 21,868

Quote:
Yeah unfortunately I'm pretty sure. I tried reversing the cable and going back to the stock cable and still no sound out of the right side. My K1000 works fine out of that rig.

the contact on the headphone is very thin, remove the cable and check to see if it snapped off maybe. Sorry to hear about that.

May 21, 2011 at 6:42 PM Post #3,738 of 21,868
Probably blew a hole in the trace wafer. You don't want to take it apart to find out but you should be able to see any damage to it through the mesh.

May 21, 2011 at 8:50 PM Post #3,740 of 21,868
It was working fine one day, then when I went to listen the next day I only had sound out of the left side. I just checked the connectors and the inner wires appear to be identically intact on both sides, and I removed the right earpad and the gold mesh underneath does not appear to have any deformities. I'm pretty sure it's a blown driver though, just glad I bought them new and they're covered.

May 21, 2011 at 9:02 PM Post #3,741 of 21,868

Quote:
It was working fine one day, then when I went to listen the next day I only had sound out of the left side. I just checked the connectors and the inner wires appear to be identically intact on both sides, and I removed the right earpad and the gold mesh underneath does not appear to have any deformities. I'm pretty sure it's a blown driver though, just glad I bought them new and they're covered.

From my experience, connectors just don't go bad but I've had connectors with the solder between wires break, just bad soldering. The He-6 has one of the best warranty though.

May 21, 2011 at 9:10 PM Post #3,743 of 21,868
It would take a LOT to blow the HE-6's driver. I'm guessing it's some other defect. Still a bummer, of course!

May 21, 2011 at 9:20 PM Post #3,744 of 21,868

Sorry to hear that....that's your second top flight pair of cans to go. I feel for you.

I'm sure Fang will take good care of you though. :smile:

May 21, 2011 at 9:27 PM Post #3,746 of 21,868

Quote:
It would take a LOT to blow the HE-6's driver. I'm guessing it's some other defect. Still a bummer, of course!

Yeah that makes more sense actually. It's just not working any more.

I've been through bad cables in the past but have eliminated that possibility on this occasion.

May 21, 2011 at 9:30 PM Post #3,747 of 21,868

Quote:
Sorry to hear that....that's your second top flight pair of cans to go. I feel for you.

I'm sure Fang will take good care of you though.
smile.gif

Yeah, I'm sure. Luckily I was protected both times. I'm also glad it was with different amps/sources or I would be worried about other possible issues.

May 21, 2011 at 9:38 PM Post #3,748 of 21,868
Dam Vince you can't catch a break...

May 21, 2011 at 9:50 PM Post #3,749 of 21,868
It's time to appreciate what I have, and to celebrate the fact that I'm covered. I still have some great headphones to listen to while these are getting repaired.
beerchug.gif

May 21, 2011 at 9:51 PM Post #3,750 of 21,868
I mention the blown trace wafer because mine is blown. Took the driver apart and had a hole in it. I was willing to buy a new driver but HiFiMan is willing to cover it. Can't ask for better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back