HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Sep 16, 2015 at 4:44 PM Post #17,537 of 21,868

Did you not read my post the first time I replied to this question?

Don't say that... I was looking with interest to read the latest plans of you getting an actual pair.

Sep 16, 2015 at 4:46 PM Post #17,538 of 21,868

Don't say that... I was looking with interest to read the latest plans of you getting an actual pair.

But not before those plans change until they're not changed, but changed.

Sep 16, 2015 at 5:07 PM Post #17,539 of 21,868

Did you not read my post the first time I replied to this question?

Don't know why you're wasting your time on headphones for plebs. You should be going for the Orpheus 2. Better email Sennheiser to reserve one. Tell them how much long term listening experience you have with all the high-end headphones and how you have 11k post on headfi. That should be more than enough credibility.

Sep 16, 2015 at 5:31 PM Post #17,540 of 21,868
Music A., here you go!

I really don't have any interest in music that is not acoustical instrument based. Taking that into account it's not that difficult to picture the general amount of size of the space that the musical playing is taking place in & the realistic scale of sound that say , as an example , a Grand Piano will create in that space,

When you hear a piano live you notice that the fundamentals of the notes played go all the way down to the floor of the stage. Hearing this natural completion of the notes playing gives sound coming from the piano
a dimensional signature in the space it's being played . The music is scaled when you get a sense that the instruments all have realistic dimensional signatures relative to the other instruments being played in the volume of the space it was recorded in.

I'm not a great fan of many Concerto recordings as the balances they normally use to highlight the playing of the soloist leave a lot to be desired in finding the correct balance that doesn't scale back the Orchestal playing
slightly further than necessary . I seem to be able to find many more correctly scaled Concerto recording that were derived from Analogue Masters.

Sep 16, 2015 at 5:35 PM Post #17,541 of 21,868
There is some great humor on this page.
biggrin.gif

Music A., here you go!

I really don't have any interest in music that is not acoustical instrument based. Taking that into account it's not that difficult to picture the general amount of size of the space that the musical playing is taking place in & the realistic scale of sound that say , as an example , a Grand Piano will create in that space,

When you hear a piano live you notice that the fundamentals of the notes played go all the way down to the floor of the stage. Hearing this natural completion of the notes playing gives sound coming from the piano
a dimensional signature in the space it's being played . The music is scaled when you get a sense that the instruments all have realistic dimensional signatures relative to the other instruments being played in the volume of the space it was recorded in.

I'm not a great fan of many Concerto recordings as the balances they normally use to highlight the playing of the soloist leave a lot to be desired in finding the correct balance that doesn't scale back the Orchestal playing
slightly further than necessary . I seem to be able to find many more correctly scaled Concerto recording that were derived from Analogue Masters.

Ah, so it seems you were just referring to soundstage. (And imaging, etc.) Soundstage is one of the least important things for me, because all headphones sound tiny compared to the real thing or speakers.

Sep 16, 2015 at 6:46 PM Post #17,542 of 21,868
There is some great humor on this page. :D

Music A., here you go!

I really don't have any interest in music that is not acoustical instrument based. Taking that into account it's not that difficult to picture the general amount of size of the space that the musical playing is taking place in

Ah, so it seems you were just referring to soundstage. (And imaging, etc.) Soundstage is one of the least important things for me, because all headphones sound tiny compared to the real thing or speakers.

Nah, I wasn't sure whether you could follow my description of this concept. My fault, I guess !

"All headphones sound tiny" is a personal perception of those who may not completely understand the concept of what realistic musical scale is. (I find it pretty funny how the word Soundstage is randomly intermingled with Imaging they're not the same; to get the actual staging part right you have to defeat whatever is mechanically trouncing inner transients for the designer's "dopey" idea these transients aren't as important as the voicing he gave the headphones)

Music is only "tiny" to me if it doesn't have any dimensions beyond whatever "colorations" it may have ! Let's
give this talk about who finds what important a rest , as I prefer not to trivialize someone else's interests with Oneupsmanship !

Sep 17, 2015 at 1:18 PM Post #17,544 of 21,868
Had a chance to Listen to an LCD 2 (pre - fazor) at home last night. My first Audeze listening, definitely darker sound signature than HiFiMan. I actually missed the treble peaks of HE6 quite a bit :D.  Also, I felt HE6 soundstage was clearly better. 

My M11 is ready for pickup! Definitely gonna post impressions after an extended Friday night listening session. I wish I had both the nfb 10.33 and M11 for some A/B comparison, but sold the 10.33 last night. 

Sep 17, 2015 at 1:34 PM Post #17,545 of 21,868
  Had a chance to Listen to an LCD 2 (pre - fazor) at home last night. My first Audeze listening, definitely darker sound signature than HiFiMan. I actually missed the treble peaks of HE6 quite a bit :D.  Also, I felt HE6 soundstage was clearly better. 

I am not a fan of the Audeze sound signature. To those headphones are all about the bottom end with rolled off treble - not my thing. Give me a modded HE6 or modded HD800 any day.

Sep 18, 2015 at 8:49 AM Post #17,547 of 21,868
Someone added a sliding self adjusting weight strap to his HE6 that I'm interested in trying.

Does anyone remember who posted this & if f it was in this "gigantic" thread.?

You talking about this link?
http://www.head-fi.org/t/766559/planar-pad-for-audeze-hifiman-fostex-t50-rp-grado-ps1000

This helps quite a bit for me.

Sep 18, 2015 at 9:25 AM Post #17,548 of 21,868
Code:
n
Someone added a sliding self adjusting weight strap to his HE6 that I'm interested in trying.

Does anyone remember who posted this & if f it was in this "gigantic" thread.?

You talking about this link?
http://www.head-fi.org/t/766559/planar-pad-for-audeze-hifiman-fostex-t50-rp-grado-ps1000

This helps quite a bit for me.

I think that's the one,!

Doing this should finish off all that I've done to my HE-6 nicely ! Thank you

Sep 18, 2015 at 12:24 PM Post #17,549 of 21,868
  Code:
Code:
 n
I think that's the one,!

Doing this should finish off all that I've done to my HE-6 nicely ! Thank you

That pad is awesome.  I had it on my HE-6 before I sold it and have it on my HE-400.  Really adds a comfort improvement. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back