HifiMAN HE-5LE v. HE-500
Dec 7, 2012 at 2:31 PM Post #106 of 127
Quote:

I d say definitely. I believe it is as hard to drive as the two, so yes speaker amp would definitely help.
If the speaker amp is under 150 wpc, the adapter shouldnt be necessary, but if you were planning something with higher wattage, then yes, absolutely.
A cable which terminates with either the banana plugs (for the speaker taps) is said to be best, but using the 1/4 output of the speaker amp should do too.
I am sure the Mini-X is a sure bet. If you want to try what speaker amps are like but want something affordable yet very good, try the Mini and see how you like it. You can always upgrade to a higher wattage amp if you like it. Its a good start definitely :)

Hope this helps!

Also you dont need an adapter for it as it is "only" 50 wpc

Dec 7, 2012 at 5:27 PM Post #107 of 127
Im listening to Black Pearl headphone amp to my HE5LE and I really done have pressure to change it in that case. I will build clone of HA5000 just for cusriosity and fun to see what are main differences but BP makes great job especially in terms of great, nonfatiguing, non cut, airy highs.
Its also very compact one:

http://earstream.eu/page/66/Black+Pearl/l/en

Jan 5, 2013 at 9:36 AM Post #108 of 127
hey zibra could you just stop posting links to your friend's shop ?

he is from Poland (I guess he hid his location on purpose) and the shop too - this is quite pathetic actually (are you taking some profits ? have some manners man)

please listen to some high quality, powerful amp for he5le and quit that DIY junk

Jan 5, 2013 at 10:52 AM Post #109 of 127
Hey man. My post is 1 month old. You are also from Poland as I see. I wouldnt expect anyone just jealous person to make such statement. Probably I know you from polish forums right? I compared it to WA6 SE and my friend compare it to Leben CS300. I also tried speaker outputs from some Xindak amps. I will be also trying other amps in future but your comment is just more pathetic that my opinion.
Instead of making such ridiculous statements please share your knowledge - which amps you listened to?

Jan 5, 2013 at 11:04 AM Post #110 of 127
Quote:
hey zibra could you just stop posting links to your friend's shop ?

he is from Poland (I guess he hid his location on purpose) and the shop too - this is quite pathetic actually (are you taking some profits ? have some manners man)

please listen to some high quality, powerful amp for he5le and quit that DIY junk

DIY junk????

I guess you never heard the B22 or the M^3 or the Dynahi or the T2 or any HI End DIY amps huh?

Jan 5, 2013 at 11:07 AM Post #111 of 127
Quote:
Im listening to Black Pearl headphone amp to my HE5LE and I really done have pressure to change it in that case. I will build clone of HA5000 just for cusriosity and fun to see what are main differences but BP makes great job especially in terms of great, nonfatiguing, non cut, airy highs.
Its also very compact one:

http://earstream.eu/page/66/Black+Pearl/l/en

Do you happen to know how much these amps go for? It doesn't say on the website

Jun 5, 2013 at 12:15 AM Post #115 of 127
During my research I have found the preference of the 5lE over the he-500 to be majority so far. I wanted to get different opinions on driving the 5LE properly or sufficiently enough for them to be well appreciated over the he-400 and hd650. Below are the specs for a possible solution. I was wondering if this amp would be adequate to justify purchasing the he-500 now if this is what I was willing to pay first (upgrade later).

help is much appreciated. The price to drive these headphones is what keeps me at bay in the present but if below is adequate and I don't need to reach for a schiit lyr then I will take the leap on the he-5lE

at 249 they say the iCan is very competitive. 

Gain stage: Fully discrete, Class A
Buffer stage: TPA6120A2
EQ: two levels selectable 3D Holographic Sound and XBass
Signal to Noise Ratio: >117dB(A)
Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): <0.003%(400mV/150R)
Frequency Response: 0.5Hz to 500KHz(-3dB)
Output Power: >400mW(32Ω)
Output Voltage: >5V (>600Ω)
Input Voltage: AC 100 - 240V, 50/60Hz
Power Consumption: < 4W idle, 10W max.
Dimensions: 158(l)x68(w)x28(h)mm
Weight: 216g(0.48lbs)
Input: RCA and 3.5mm stereo jacks
Output: 6.4mm stereo jacks.

Jun 5, 2013 at 10:20 AM Post #116 of 127
Quote:
During my research I have found the preference of the 5lE over the he-500 to be majority so far. I wanted to get different opinions on driving the 5LE properly or sufficiently enough for them to be well appreciated over the he-400 and hd650. Below are the specs for a possible solution. I was wondering if this amp would be adequate to justify purchasing the he-500 now if this is what I was willing to pay first (upgrade later).

help is much appreciated. The price to drive these headphones is what keeps me at bay in the present but if below is adequate and I don't need to reach for a schiit lyr then I will take the leap on the he-5lE

at 249 they say the iCan is very competitive. 

Gain stage: Fully discrete, Class A
Buffer stage: TPA6120A2
EQ: two levels selectable 3D Holographic Sound and XBass
Signal to Noise Ratio: >117dB(A)
Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): <0.003%(400mV/150R)
Frequency Response: 0.5Hz to 500KHz(-3dB)
Output Power: >400mW(32Ω)
Output Voltage: >5V (>600Ω)
Input Voltage: AC 100 - 240V, 50/60Hz
Power Consumption: < 4W idle, 10W max.
Dimensions: 158(l)x68(w)x28(h)mm
Weight: 216g(0.48lbs)
Input: RCA and 3.5mm stereo jacks
Output: 6.4mm stereo jacks.

not enough power to do it justice. if this amp is just for the he-5le, save $60 and buy the emotiva amp which will power it. on sale for $189.

Jun 5, 2013 at 5:25 PM Post #117 of 127
Quote:
not enough power to do it justice. if this amp is just for the he-5le, save $60 and buy the emotiva amp which will power it. on sale for $189.

+1, the Emo is your best bet at that price point and a no-brainer IMO

Jun 7, 2013 at 11:13 AM Post #120 of 127

Users who are viewing this thread

Back