HifiMan HE-560 US Touring Event - Sign up List Updated
Jul 10, 2014 at 4:48 AM Post #46 of 148
I'm not signing up for this, but would like to urge HiFiMan to exercise some greater discretion on adding people to the list. I see people on the list that have very low post counts combined with no feedback, and while it's certainly true that everything could go smoothly, Murphy's Law says otherwise.

Justin of HeadAmp has run similar loaner programs in the past and he recently instituted a rule to the effect of people having been Head-Fi members for at least 6 months and at least 1 positive feedback. Or something along those lines, I can't remember exactly. A similar rule for this tour would likely be beneficial for everyone involved.

Jul 10, 2014 at 9:47 AM Post #47 of 148
  I'm not signing up for this, but would like to urge HiFiMan to exercise some greater discretion on adding people to the list. I see people on the list that have very low post counts combined with no feedback, and while it's certainly true that everything could go smoothly, Murphy's Law says otherwise.

Justin of HeadAmp has run similar loaner programs in the past and he recently instituted a rule to the effect of people having been Head-Fi members for at least 6 months and at least 1 positive feedback. Or something along those lines, I can't remember exactly. A similar rule for this tour would likely be beneficial for everyone involved.

+1 to save everyone's frustration.

And/or maybe institute some kind of photo verification of people's gear?

Jul 10, 2014 at 11:03 AM Post #50 of 148
Sign me up!

1. Toronto Canada
2. I have all types of headphones. Dynamic. Planar. Stats. I usually hook them up to a tube amp and a couple of expensive DACs.
3. 5 years in this hobby and still chasing the ultimate headphone. Hoping the 560 is the one.
4. Yes.

Jul 10, 2014 at 3:03 PM Post #52 of 148
Sorry. Take me off the list. I just went ahead and bought one (after demoing it with the LCDX). Great headphone.

Haha dang I was going to try to leverage hand-delivering the HE-560 to your door, into getting to sample your 009
wink.gif

Jul 10, 2014 at 4:25 PM Post #53 of 148
I just noticed the first three people on the West coast are in Southern CA and the person before me, @Whitetriton is in San Diego, as I am. I guess @Whitetriton lucks out on the shipping since I can probably pick them up.

We should just make a mini/micro-meet out of it. :wink:

-Darin

Jul 10, 2014 at 10:18 PM Post #55 of 148
Late to the party, but i would like to join the HifiMan tour.

1. Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

2. headphones: q701, hf2, modded t50rp, mdr-rf6500, a couple of somics, koss portapro
    iems:  nope, never - my ear canals are reserved for future hearing aid(s) ... which judging by the escalation of my tinnitus, should be just around the corner (not literally).
    source: modded pioneer dv-563a universal disc player
    dac: audio-gd nfb-2
    amps: asl headphone pre dt, modded matrix cube, yet-to-be-delivered jwn pp el84 paraphase hpa (this will be my primary hp amp for the 560s providing it gets completed and delivered soon).

3. i've only been concentrating on headphones for the past 6 years, but i've been involved with high-end audio since the '70s owning gear by krell, rowland, audio research, classe, oracle, dynavector, wilson audio, magnepan, kenwood, etc.

4. yes, i agree to all terms and conditions set forth by Team HifiMan.

further to the concerns & risks raised by asr, i think any uncertainties can & should be bounded by a credit card # - i'll be the first to volunteer, if need be, TeamHifiMan! 
beerchug.gif

Jul 11, 2014 at 9:38 AM Post #58 of 148
  I just noticed the first three people on the West coast are in Southern CA and the person before me, @Whitetriton is in San Diego, as I am. I guess @Whitetriton lucks out on the shipping since I can probably pick them up.

We should just make a mini/micro-meet out of it. :wink:

-Darin

Great idea. I will leave this to you guys to work out the details. Let me know if there is anything we can do to help. 

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Jul 11, 2014 at 11:35 AM Post #59 of 148
On the Canuck side, Zida and Mono are in Toronto. They could probably coordinate with folks in that scene to do a minimeet as well.

I will do my best to coordinate something in Winnipeg when it comes my way (but please give me a couple weeks notice if possible)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back