HifiMan HE-560 US Touring Event - Sign up List Updated
Jul 8, 2014 at 3:11 PM Post #31 of 148
I forgot something in my submission on the last page, I'll be moving to Florida for college within the next month so I'm actually on the east coast.

Jul 8, 2014 at 3:24 PM Post #32 of 148
 1. Which State will the headphone be shipped to?

New Mexico
 2. Your equipments including headphones, IEMs, Source and Amps
My main system is MOJOAUDIO direct coupled NOS DAC, David Berning MICROZOTL tube amp, Sennheiser 650s with Cardas cable upgrade, with data out of MacBook Pro running Aurirvana Plus, various FLAC, AIFF and 320mp3 files.

\Quote:
 3. How would you describe your headphone experience? 

I have been listening to headphones for 25 years, and continue to explore state of the art technology. I write reviews on Head-Fi.org and go with many live concerts in different venues. I also produce oncerts
 4. Do you agree with all the rules and terms below? :)

I agree

Jul 8, 2014 at 3:42 PM Post #33 of 148
I as well am from Canada, and am hoping to be on the list (I live in close proximity to Zida)

1. Ontario, Canada.

2. Sources and Amps: Fiio e10 DAC, Millet hybrid max.
    Headphones: Hifiman HE-300, Sennheiser momentums
    IEMs: Westone 4, UM2, ortofon eq5

3. I have had a fair amount of experience with headphones both from personal ownership as well as auditioning many of Zida's higher end headphones for a prolonged period of time. In addition I have also auditioned many high end headphones at local Head-fi meets. I was a participant in the re-600 tour that was organized kindly by james444 where I compared it extensively to the re400, both excellent IEMs from hifiman. I have owned the HE-300 for over 2 years and have been very happy with them and all hifiman products I have tried and owned. It was only due to budgetary constraints that I have not been able to upgrade, however the HE-560 is on my list as a potential upgrade. 

4. I agree to all the rules set in place by Hifiman for the purposes of the tour

Jul 8, 2014 at 4:03 PM Post #34 of 148
1. Pennsylvania
    Turbulent X/Mahogany Cups/Canare DIYs
    Allesandro MS1i (modded)
    RE-Zero
    RE-400
    Brainwavs B2
    Shure SCL4
    Koss PortaPro (modded)
    Koss KSC75 (modded)
    (sold) ATH-M50, DT880 Pro, Brainwavs M5

Schiit Modi/Vali
    FiiO E07K
    Sony STR-V4
    Marantz 2225B

PC
    iPod 5.5G (rockboxed) w/ LOD cable
    Denon DP-37F w/ Grace F-19 cart
    Sansa Clip+ (rockboxed)

3. In a previous life, as a professional musician, I've used many other headphones than the ones I own (or have owned), with usage varying from in studio while tracking, playback, or just plain listening enjoyment. I try to always listen in a closed and quiet room, (most often now while I'm at work at home, or when my special lady friend is sleeping after work.) Genres vary wildly, though mostly geared towards classical, rock, indie, and folk/traditional.

4. Agree completely. Thanks!

Jul 8, 2014 at 4:06 PM Post #35 of 148
1. North Dakota

2. Sources:  iBasso DX50 and DX90, Audioquest Dragonfly, Centrance DACMini with 1ohm output mod
    Portable Amps: Ray Samuels Shadow (IEM's only), and the Ray Samuels Hornet
    Headphones:  Sennheiser HD700
    IEMs:  Shure SE846 and InEarz P-650 CIEMs

3. I have a fair share of listening experience, mainly with IEM's.  I have just recently starting to moving into higher-end audio.  Have previously owned Shure SE215, SE425, Klipsch S4, Logitech UE900 for headphones, and the Fiio e11.  Also had the chance to audition some nice gear at some headphone meets, to include various Schiit models, Audeze LCD-2/3, LDC-X, HE-400, HE-500, WooAudio WA7, some Stax gear, and the new AK240. I have been looking for a pair of cans to complement or possibly replace my HD700's, and these were on the possible list after listening to the HE-500.  Also liked the LCD-X, and would like to try the AKG K812.

4. I agree to all rules as laid out by Hifiman

Jul 8, 2014 at 6:06 PM Post #36 of 148
Hi,
Please see the top thread for updated current sign up list. 

Zida - yes, you are on the list. :)

Is the posted list the final touring order? International shipping from the USA to Canada and back may prove pricey...

Jul 8, 2014 at 6:36 PM Post #37 of 148
1. Texas

2. Sources:  NAD M51
    Amps: Dual Questyle CMA800R, SuSy Dynahi
    Portable Amps: Centrance HiFi M8
    Headphones:  HD800, HE-6, Alpha Dogs, LCD 3F
    IEMs: JH16

Previous:
Amps: Schiit Asgard 2, Mojonir, Lyr, Woo Audio WA2, Hifiman EF-6, Yulong A18
Sources: Schiit Bifrost, Yulong D18, Yulong DA8
Headphones: HD598, HD650, HD700, LCD 2.2, Oppo PM-1, Beyerdynamic T1, UM 3DD

3. Only started listening seriously to headphones in the past year.  Have gone through many items in that time.  My favorite cans now are my HE-6's off of the SuSy Dynahi

4. I agree to all rules as laid out by Hifiman

Jul 8, 2014 at 7:41 PM Post #38 of 148
1. NY

2. Source: RWA AK100s, Buffalo 2, meridian f80, meridian 596
Amps: Pico Power, Beta 22
IEM: UE triple fi10, Jh-13 pro
headphones: Grado HP-1 (purrin mod), Grado HP-2, Sennhesier HD800, Hifiman HE500, AKG K1000

3. Have lots of experience despite starting not way too long ago. Perviously had yuin ok-1, yuin pk-1, grado rs1 rs2, sr60 sr80 sr125, , sr225, sr325 (hp drivers), jecklin float, Sennhesier hd580 jubilee, Sennhesier hd600, Sennhesier hd650, sony cd3000, koss portapro, Hifiman hm-80, akg k701. I have extended time to barrow audeze LCD-3. I have had most of the following above all at the same time in the past and even though it has been some time ago I can still contribute to review he560. I am also fortunate to own a few more rare headphones so it will be interesting to see how the he560 compares. Of course if the he560 is better than he500 and I liked the he500 already I'm expecting good results!

Ps. Not sure if it matters but I have a speaker setup as well, oppo 105, parasound Dac-1000, parasound p/ld-1500, parasound hca-2200mk2, Martin Logan aeries

4. Of course I agree!

Jul 8, 2014 at 7:57 PM Post #39 of 148
I would love to test and review, however I feel I am unworthy to test such headphones.  I will leave it up to the more established head-fiers and await their impressions.

Jul 8, 2014 at 8:52 PM Post #40 of 148
State: California

Equipments: Nuforce uDAC, Schiit Asgard 2, HE-400, RE-400, Etymotic ER4S.

Headphone Experience: Average? Tons of experience using equalization. Have owned the HE-400 for about 1 1/2 years; and have owned several "mid-tier" IEMs that have now been retired (sold or no longer functional). I have taken pretty good care of my headphone equipments. For just about every piece of gear I've owned, I had written impressions. Would be fun to compare the HE-560 to its sibling HE-400.

I Definitely agree with the rules.

Jul 8, 2014 at 9:19 PM Post #41 of 148
Minnesota (Minneapolis suburbs)

Currently own: MacBook Pro, Peachtree Nova 125, Dragonfly 1.0 and 1.2, NAD D1050 as potential sources driving: ATH-ESW9, BeoPlay H6, B&W C5, Focal Spirit Pro, Senn HD 600 and Senn HD 700

I have been an audiophile and an amateur recording engineer for 25 years, but only serious about headphones in the last few years.  I am experienced in auditioning equipment all over the country and have heard hundreds of high end audio systems.  I am able to appreciate the differences in audio equipment and transducers without getting lost in the imaginary details driven by expectation bias.  I have written solid posts here and earned a fair amount of rep for such a late comer to this forum (been lurking for a long long time however).

I agree to the rules

...and will be a most reliable participant.  I have been curious about HifiMan headphones for years now and have yet to have the pleasure.

Jul 9, 2014 at 12:24 AM Post #42 of 148
Hello TeamHifiman,

1. Texas

2. Oppo Ha-1>Wa22>LCD-X> T1>HD650,Denon D2000 sometimes I use bottlehead crack also.

3. Been preferring headphone use over speaker setups for the past seven years, I love how intimate they can be when you close your eyes and just let the music flow through your head.

4. I agree and accept the rules.

Jul 9, 2014 at 12:47 AM Post #43 of 148
Alabama

He6-marantz -mcintosh mc2205/c39 preamp- marantz sa8004
Audio technica w3000anv-Mcintosh ma6200-Meier stage dac

I've been a headphone user for over 10 years I use to own the he5 prior to purchasing the he6. I've own pretty much every stax lambda ever made.

I agree and accept the rules.

Jul 9, 2014 at 9:35 AM Post #44 of 148
Is the posted list the final touring order? International shipping from the USA to Canada and back may prove pricey...

No, the deadline for signing up is midnight tomorrow (EST). Don't worry. If the shipping to Canada is pricy, Hifiman will cover the shipping cost.

We want everyone to enjoy the headphone, and worry less about the logistic. We will evaluate the list once it is finalized and figure out the best way to do this. 

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Jul 9, 2014 at 7:01 PM Post #45 of 148
If indeed it will make it to Canada...

1. Winnipeg, Manitoba (smack in the middle of North America). Shipping would preferably be via CanadaPost as the most affordable option, and tracking comes standard on our shipping anyways.

2. Primary rig is the HE-6 with Nuforce HA-200 monoblocks fed from an Echo2 (pro audio dac). As the local meet organizer, I will also have the opportunity to compare with HE-400, HE-500, LCD-2, HD800, Grado HF2, Alpha Dogs, Yulong DA8, Emotiva Mini-X, Violectric V200, etc. I likely wouldn't get all of those, unless I could actually organize a meet around the tour date (in which case I would perhaps ask for an extra week leeway to plan around shipping delays, and as much advance notice as possible... maybe two or three people before it gets to me... or put me first?).

3. I am a moderately active reviewer here on head-fi. I *like* a lot of gear, but rarely throw praise around at leisure. I try to be fairly critical in all my reviews, as appropriate.

4. Yes I agree to the terms, with minor potential exemptions as noted above.

Question: Which pads will be shipping with it? It might be nice to ship with both options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back