HifiMan HE-560 US Touring Event - Sign up List Updated
Jul 4, 2014 at 6:19 PM Post #16 of 148
1.  Tennessee
2.  Beyerdynamic DT880 (250 ohm) and DT1350.  HRT MSII --> Schiit Asgard.  Also have a Pro-Ject Debut Carbon TT.
3.  Headphones completely opened up a whole new world of audio to me.  Unfortunately, living in Nashville, the chance to demo gear is practically nonexistant.  A tour like this would be huge.  The only HFM product I've heard is the HE-500 which I adore.  I'm trying to decide if I should pick up a used pair or wait for the 560/400i.
4.  Fully agreed.

Thanks!

Jul 4, 2014 at 6:50 PM Post #17 of 148
1. Tennessee

2. HE-6, PM-1, LCD-2 v1, HE90 and HEV90, HD-800, PS-1000, HD-600, AKG-Q701, Sansui SS-100, modified T50RP, Vixen V3, YH-1000, Amfiton H25C retrofitted with current diaphragms and neodymium 42 magnets, Darth Beyers, RS-1, HiFi M8, HA-1, GS-X MkII, modified Emotiva Mini a-100, Project Ember

3 . Extensive including DIY frequency response measures of each headphone for my archives

4.  Agreed. 

Jul 4, 2014 at 9:49 PM Post #18 of 148
I have heard the 560 is fantastic and would love to hear it as an alternative to the hd800 I am considering.

1. Which State will the headphone be shipped to?
WA

2. Your equipments including headphones, IEMs, Source and Amps.
See below

3. How would you describe your headphone experience?
Active, see: http://www.head-fi.org/t/717989/totl-hp-shootout-oppo-pm-1-hd800-lcd2-2-t1-he500-fostex-th900-hd650-hd600

4. Do you agree with all the rules and terms below? :)
Yes

Jul 4, 2014 at 9:56 PM Post #19 of 148
1. Which State will the headphone be shipped to? Do NOT provide you full address here. We will PM you later. 

-Illinois

-RSA Lighting, RSA Hornet, Bottlehead Crack, Grant fidelity Tubedac-11, stax srm1-mk2
-HD600, DT880, Stax SR Lambda, Denon ahd2000, hifiman RE-0, RE-2
-Emotiva erc3, macbook pro, Grant Fidelity Tubedac-11

-Very Good.  I have spent extended time with some of the best headphones, but I am still looking for the perfect balance.

I do agree.  I also believe that people who smoke be asked to not join the tour.  it is painfully obvious and disgusting when a headphone comes from a person who smokes in their home.

Jul 4, 2014 at 10:41 PM Post #20 of 148
1. Which State will the headphone be shipped to? Do NOT provide you full address here. We will PM you later. 

North Carolina

Headphones- Sennheiser HD 650 / HD 700, Sony XB700
Amps- Darkvoice 3322, Bottlehead Crack + Speedball
DAC- HRT MSII+

I would describe myself as a headphone enthusiast. I've owned 20+ headpones, including HiFiMan models.

Yes.

Jul 4, 2014 at 10:50 PM Post #21 of 148
I would really like to give these a tryout. I currently have the HE 500 and have read great things about these.

1. I live in Washington state and am very close to Portland so I could theoretically hand deliver them if there was someone in that area. 

2. My source is a desktop with an M-Audio 2496 sound card. I have a HiFiMan EF-5 amp as well as a vintage Kenwood receiver that I use. I have a rarely used pair of Westone W3 IEMs and the above mentioned headphones as well as a pair of Beyerdynamic DT-1350 that I wear when commuting by bus or train or outdoors doing yard work/washing my vehicle.

3. I have owned and used headphones for 15-20 years and have had the opportunity to own several brands over the years but have had the HE-500 for a few years now. 

4. I do agree with the rules posted. 

Thank you.

Jul 5, 2014 at 2:39 AM Post #22 of 148
1. Nebraska

2. Headphones: Hifiman HE-5LE, Sennheiser HD598, Grado SR60i.
    Source: Audio-GD NFB-15.32
    Amp: Emotiva Mini-X a-100 (for HE-5LE)

3. Headphone enthusiast of 2.5 years now. Have owned or borrowed most of the major headphones from $100-1500, including the entire Hifiman planar magnetic lineup (save the HE-5). The HE-400 I didn't like (too unnatural, bad mids and treble, though great bass), the HE-500 I didn't like (too smooth, upper mids / vocals not to my liking), the HE-5LE I love (and own; favorite headphone under $1000 that I've tried), the HE-6 I liked (just not worth double the price of HE-5LE, at least with a setup I could afford; also WAY heavy!). The HE-5LE I preferred over the HD800 as the HD800 felt too distant, whereas the HE-5LE is intimate and spacious at the same time, putting me right in the music but not suffocating me in it. I haven't heard the T1 or the LCD-2, but I'm quite confident I wouldn't like either. Seeing as I tend to prefer airiness and speed to darkness and lushness, I am giddy to try the HE-560, based on what people have had to say about its sound.

4. I do agree.

Thanks!

Jul 5, 2014 at 6:38 AM Post #23 of 148
(Unfortunately this event will be US only due to logistic reason. For people from other countries please contact your local dealer if you wish to demo HE-560. We are confident that you will be amazed. If you need information about your local dealer, please feel free to email us at customerservice@head-direct.com.)

Washington State. (East side if it matters)

2. Your equipments including headphones, IEMs, Source and Amps

Cans: STAX SR-202, Mrspeakers Mad Dog
IEMs: Sony XBA-H3
Amps: O2, Fiio E07k, Emotiva Mini-x A-100
DACs: eBay CS4398, considering building an AMB Gamma2

I like listening to music that sounds good to me, not what was recorded well, so having a headphone that can play poorly recorded music without shredding my ears is very important to me. Nowadays, I mainly focus on getting the ideal tonal balance for headphones, along with great comfort, with pretty much everything else taking a back seat.

Yes! :)

Jul 5, 2014 at 1:39 PM Post #24 of 148
(Unfortunately this event will be US only due to logistic reason. For people from other countries please contact your local dealer if you wish to demo HE-560. We are confident that you will be amazed. If you need information about your local dealer, please feel free to email us at customerservice@head-direct.com.)

Louisiana

Headphones:  LCD-2.2    HE-500
Amp: Emotiva Mini a-100        objective 2 amp
DAC: ODAC;  schiit bifrost

Active Head-fi member for 2 years.  Had my fair share of head time with a modest variety of headphones.  Been in love with planars ever since I got my hands on the HE-500.  See my profile for further information on headphones I have owned and listened to. 

I agree.

Jul 5, 2014 at 2:58 PM Post #25 of 148
1. Florida

2. HD 650, HD 598, YH-100, HD 25-1 II w/ BTG recable Amp/DAC - Maverick Audio Tubemagic D1 plus. Wanting to try the HE 560 and will be getting a Bifrost/Lyr 2.

3. I'm 18 and still relatively new to the audiophile world, but it's been an amazing journey so far. The first pair of planar magnetics I tried is the
YH-100, which I loved and bought. I know I'm approaching the end game fast, but it's a great hobby.

4. I agree fully.

Jul 6, 2014 at 2:43 AM Post #26 of 148
1. Utah

2. Sennheiser IE80, Westone W4, Shure 846, Dunu DN100, Beyerdynamic DT990

3. Obviously have been concentrated on IEMs. Will be in the market this fall for a serious upgrade in headphones.

4. I agree to the terms.

Jul 6, 2014 at 9:45 AM Post #27 of 148
1. Which State will the headphone be shipped to?
Virginia (NoVA)

Setup 1:
Clearaudio Ovation Turntable w/ Synthesis Brio Pre Amp
Logitech Squeezebox Touch
WooAudio WA5
HiFiMAN HE 6 w/ CablePro Euphoria Cable

Setup 2:

Macbook Pro w/ Schiit Gungnir
WooAudio WA6 SE
HiFiMAN HE 500 w/ Moon Audio Silver Dragon v3 Cable
Beyerdynamic Telsa T1 ALO Re-cabled

Setup 3:
iPhone 5s
iBasso D6
NuForce NE-7M

Primarily headphone listening experience.  Pretty wide range of music... Rock, Pop, HipHop, Dance.  A handful of headphones on a few sources.  Had a pair of LCD3's, but ditched them in a week because I preferred the Hifiman He-6/T1 sound.  Love the HE-500 with silver cabling.  Curious if the HE-560 will replace my HE-500s. 

Yes.

Jul 6, 2014 at 10:52 AM Post #28 of 148
1. Which State will the headphone be shipped to? Do NOT provide you full address here. We will PM you later: Virginia - Outside of DC.

1. Check out my profile but it includes:
    1. Headphones/IEMS: LCD3 (SE and Balanced), HD650 (SE and Balanced), HD598, DT-250-250Ohm, Westone 4R, RE-400 "Waterline"
    2. Amps: Headamp GS X-mkII, WooAudio 6-SE, Violectric V200
    3. Source: iMac runing into -> NuWave DAC, KingRex UD384+UPower, RWAK100, Dragonfly v1.0 AND v1.2
    4. Cables: Monster HDP 1800 -> Wireworld Starligh 7s for most power cables, Blue Jean Cables for all interconnects.
    5. Other: Adam Audio F7, Hifi Tuning Gold Fuses on all devices

3. How would you describe your headphone experience? I've gotten the privilage of demoing many amazing headphones from other vendors in the past and many of those demos has led to me getting the headphone for my collection.  My headphone gear provides a sanctuary every day to relax and collect myself

4. Do you agree with all the rules and terms below? YES

We will do two groups. One for the east coast and another for the west coast to save everyone some shipping cost.

The rules are:
1. Each participant is agreed to post his/her impression or opinion about HE-560 on head-fi (we will open a new thread as soon as the touring begins.) If you can do a more detailed review, we would be really appreciated.

2. Each participant is allowed to demo the headphone for one week (7 days) EXCEPT the first person who can keep it for two weeks to allow for proper burn-in. We know that one week might not be enough for some people, but we have a feeling that many people will sign up and we try not to make the last person on the list wait for a year before he/she can get a taste of the delicious HE-560. :) We might consider extending it later, but right now one week seems to be fair and easy.

3. Each participant is responsible for the shipping cost to the next person on the list. We ask that you pack the headphone well and include the original display box as well as all accessories. We will PM you with the shipping information the next person privately. You are required to ship it with FedEx or UPS. If you must use USPS, please make sure a tracking number is provided (NOT just deliver confirmation.)

4. Each participant is asked to take good care of the headphone as well as all accessories, and keep it clean. We have a very good community here, so please be considerate of the person you will be shipping the headphone to.

Disclaimer: HifiMan reserves the right to add or change the rules of this event at any time. HifiMan also reserves the right to reject participants. 

So again you ask we deliver. It is the HifiMan way. :) 

Jul 6, 2014 at 3:58 PM Post #29 of 148
If this tour can be extended to Canada here is my entry:

1. Ontario, Canada.

2. Sources and Amps: Yulong D100 Source, Peachtree Audio Decco 2 speaker/headphone amp + USB DAC, and a Pioneer 8500 amplifier.
    Headphones: Hifiman HE-6, Beyerdynamic DT990, Denon D600 + others.
    IEMs: Hifiman re-400, Logitech UE900, Heir Audio Tzar 350, Shure SE535 (red) + others.

3. I have a fair amount of experience with high end headphones from personal ownership, Head-Fi meets, as well as the first Hifiman HE-500 tour from a few years back. I have owned far more headphones than my list displays and consider myself fairly discerning. I have owned the HE-6 since they were first released (mine were from one of the earliest batches) and have only just recently begun to crave a new high-end headphone. Based on reviews I am considering only Electrostatics or the HE-560, and would very much like to get to sample a pair of HE-560 in my own home.

4. I agree to all the rules set in place by Hifiman for the purposes of the tour

THANKS and I hope you choose to extend this tour to your neighbors in the north :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back