= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Apr 8, 2019 at 11:48 AM Post #20,626 of 21,171
I picked up an open box HE560 from the Hifiman website for $320 last week. It came with a balanced cable as well. This is the first new headphones I've bought in about 4 years, since the original drop of the K7XX. I am listening to them balanced with an LCX+SDAC and really liking it. They really sound open, fast, and clear. They are very comfortable, too. I used to own an LCD2.2, which I liked very much at the time. The weight of the LCD2 combined with the bumpy nature of the padding on the headband really made them uncomfortable for long term usage. I wanted a nice planar ever since then. The HE560 seems to sound better than my memory of the pre-fazor LCD2. The build quality isn't as good, but I can look past that for the price I got them at. Overall I am very pleased with the purchase.
Is it the same as adorama version which has Sundara headband?

Apr 8, 2019 at 11:52 AM Post #20,627 of 21,171
I didn't get that version, but it was available. I am pretty confused at all the different versions out there. I paid $20 more for what I got, which has the wood veneer and 2.5mm cable connectors. Did I make the wrong choice, or does it not matter that much? I am pretty sure mine has the headband that seems to fail more often, but I never swivel the cups around.

Apr 8, 2019 at 12:00 PM Post #20,628 of 21,171
I didn't get that version, but it was available. I am pretty confused at all the different versions out there. I paid $20 more for what I got, which has the wood veneer and 2.5mm cable connectors. Did I make the wrong choice, or does it not matter that much? I am pretty sure mine has the headband that seems to fail more often, but I never swivel the cups around.

200.gif

Apr 9, 2019 at 3:24 AM Post #20,630 of 21,171
HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Apr 9, 2019 at 6:20 AM Post #20,631 of 21,171
Anybody in here who has a set of Focuspad-A in new or as new condition who doesn't use them and is willing to ship them to the Netherlands? Looking to buy a new set but as they're quite expensive I'm looking to buy off of someone.

Apr 9, 2019 at 10:08 AM Post #20,632 of 21,171
Hi @TeamHiFiMAN, can you explain the driver difference between the original and Adorama version of He-560?

Or Adorama ones are inferior to the original version so that your storefront listed the adorama version for 299usd which is far less than the original verion or 2.5mm connector version with the traditional headband ?

You need to clarify this, I think.

Apr 9, 2019 at 10:14 AM Post #20,633 of 21,171
Hi there, can you please email us at customerservice@hifiman.com so that we can look into what’s happened and to see how we can help?

April

Good luck with that. I called them directly and unless you're still under the original warranty they told me there was nothing they could do and my only option was to buy the $75 full assembly. Not great customer service on something they know is a manufacturing issue.

Apr 10, 2019 at 10:54 PM Post #20,634 of 21,171
Hi @TeamHiFiMAN, can you explain the driver difference between the original and Adorama version of He-560?

Or Adorama ones are inferior to the original version so that your storefront listed the adorama version for 299usd which is far less than the original verion or 2.5mm connector version with the traditional headband ?

You need to clarify this, I think.
Hi there,

The two types of HE560 have the same drivers.

April

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Apr 11, 2019 at 12:17 PM Post #20,635 of 21,171
Actually my Adorama version 3 is the best hifiman headphones among my hifiman history so far I possessed that were He-400/400i/5le/500/6.
Except the highs of He-6 seems better in little but all other sector of frequency ranges were bad or at least not better due to high demand of amplification for he-6.
However He-560V3 is good in everywhere.
The SQ is more liquid than any of them all with proper setup of audio gears, with especially AK4493EQ dac/Yulong A18.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2019 at 7:49 PM Post #20,636 of 21,171
Even though TeamHiFiMAN claimed that all Adorama versions have the same driver as the original, there might be some pilot run with slightly different modification.
For example, there is no metallic diffuser between magnet array and outside grill, and another one is that some impedance of the driver is about 35 ohms instead of nominal of 45 ohms.
My version 3 has 35 ohms whereas my V2 has 45 ohms.
I liked and kept 35 ohm version and sold V2 because V3 is more musical and liquid sounding, that was not felt from any of my previous collections of Hifiman and including my HD800.
HD800 produces what I expect and hence more predictable and stable and shows its technicalities.
However my V3 is lightly not predictable so that some song it surprises me at its airy sounding and surreal quality of trebles with more pronounced bass and sub bass.
Because of these quality it became my usual phone across my music collections, and of course it is handy and comfortable to handle without worrying about scratches due to the low-enough cost of owner ship.
I like this phone which scales predictably good with incremental investment of my gears.

Apr 17, 2019 at 7:23 PM Post #20,637 of 21,171
Can anyone recommend somewhere to get my HE560 looked at? I think I have a connector issue as I have the original version with the mini coaxial. HIFIMAN basically told me to trash them as they are not worth fixing.

Apr 18, 2019 at 2:53 AM Post #20,638 of 21,171
Can anyone recommend somewhere to get my HE560 looked at? I think I have a connector issue as I have the original version with the mini coaxial. HIFIMAN basically told me to trash them as they are not worth fixing.
Hi there, can you please email us at customerservice@hifiman.com so that we can look into what’s happened and to see how we can help?

April

Apr 19, 2019 at 3:13 AM Post #20,640 of 21,171
I talked with your rep at Axpona about any US repair facilities and I don't believe there are any which maybe why they suggested to move on to a new headphone.
Hi there,

Could you please email us a photo of the defective part, we will check with our factories about how to help you.

April

Users who are viewing this thread

Back