= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Jan 21, 2017 at 10:41 AM Post #17,451 of 21,171
Happy bidding
wink.gif

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272525756824

Looks like there is a lot of interest in it so far.

Jan 21, 2017 at 8:28 PM Post #17,452 of 21,171
Hi there get a Appj tube amp HP resistor box and u can plug in a Pushpull or SET tube amp if much higher quality to power your HE560.. it sounds great .. I happen to have a 15 watt audiophile AUDIOPAX Stereo88 KT88 amp so that was the route I took... of course one of the tube amps from Ebay with a Hp socket should work well
The HE560 had a certain slight harshness at 8-10k region
Even with EQ on my HQ player ( I us REW to create the EQ file to load into HQplayer) I prefer to run my iFI iDSD thru the APPj resistor box into the tube amp .. the ending sound is better with more body
Happy listening

Jan 22, 2017 at 7:25 AM Post #17,456 of 21,171
I hope you get it bro. It's a great amp, with plenty of power. And there's lots of excellent tubes to flavor the sound to your liking.
Edit: Most headfiers are good about stepping on toes when bidding on auctions. Especially when it's known that a particular person is interested in it first.
Oh funny. I doubt I'll win it but I put in a decent bid. Thanks!

Jan 22, 2017 at 2:20 PM Post #17,457 of 21,171
I hope you get it bro. It's a great amp, with plenty of power. And there's lots of excellent tubes to flavor the sound to your liking.
Edit: Most headfiers are good about stepping on toes when bidding on auctions. Especially when it's known that a particular person is interested in it first.

I hope I do also. I just bought the one in the for sale forum. If I happen to win the ebay auction also I'll be able to ABX tubes to convince myself if I can even tell the difference between similar tubes or any tubes at all. I also happen to have two identical dacs. 

I question if I'll actually win the ebay Lyr though. There's a ton of people watching the auction and I"m going to be at work and most likely too busy to check on the auction near it's end. 

Jan 22, 2017 at 2:37 PM Post #17,458 of 21,171
That same guy was also selling the upgraded Shiit Brofist and I got that also. This is why I have years between postings on this site. I was happy with my k702's for ages until I started listening to rock music again rather than almost strictly classical. started coming on here in hopes to find a set of cans with a slightly more forward sounding presentation.  the he560 turned up for an incredible price of 400 with two sets of pads and two cables all of which is in pristine condition. Now 525 additional dollars later, here I am with a new amp and DAC. 

LOL

at least I tend not to have buyers remorse. 

Edit: I didn't win the eBay auction which is probably for the best.

Jan 25, 2017 at 12:44 AM Post #17,459 of 21,171
Summery of my past issues with the HE-560 (reference back a few pages)

Sent the first defective pair (massive distortion at crescendos) back with no hassle replacement from dealer
Sent the second defective pair (massive distortion at creschendos and left earcup went dead) direct to warranty with manufacture.

Decided, just in case I was under powering the headphones, also purchased an iFi micro iDSD (which made my Klipsch earbuds sound ten times better while waiting for my 560s)
Determined that the Micro iDSD has way too many adjustments and switches that are confusing (to me lol) just play around until your happy. And what is this polarity + or - ?
Anyway, once you find a happy zone, yay, makes a massive difference. Didn't notice any difference with the bass boost or the 3D effect.

Just got the 560s back today......Been jamming and cranking and Jazzing all day. So yes, it was the headphones and yes, it was the need for an appropriate amp.
Dang they sound so sweet. Especially the DSD formats. Hi Res Flac are just as amazing if the recording is clean. I'm way more picky than most and these are Absolute, Bassy, Clear and Defined.

Yes, much better amps could be selected for an even darker or richer experience. But this combo has been on my HAP-S1 (the very best sound I got), my business computer, my phone roaming around (crazy exceptional when you consider it's coming from a phone,(Flac and DSD files, and going through the iFi) I can't wait to mow the lawn with these big fat bad boys on my head lol. And now I am currently also wearing them along with the iFi on my home computer as I write. So yes, the portable aspect is very very worth it. But I will also be saving for a nice high end tube amp in the future. Not to replace the iFi, but just for the home set-up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back