= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Jan 13, 2016 at 5:09 AM Post #15,001 of 21,171
  Wow, 1000 pages is a LOT of HE-560 discussion
o2smile.gif

There is a saying in my country. "There is alot of dust behind a good horse" :=)

Jan 13, 2016 at 7:35 AM Post #15,003 of 21,171
Jan 13, 2016 at 7:42 AM Post #15,004 of 21,171

Hey everyone! I'm a new owner of the HE-560s and I found myself completely addicted to these little babies. Coincidentally (not really!!!) I sold my SE846s recently, and am currently in search of a pair of replacements (possibly a cheaper one, lol). Just wondering what IEMs you guys are using when not listening to the 560s, and how will those fare against the 560s. Thanks:D

You don't need IEMs anymore with the HE-560s around :)

I do recommend the PFE012/PFE232 for a cheaper replacement.
Comfortable, open-sounding, and with enough details to keep you happy.

I'd second this...have both, the 232 is better, of course, but not sure if it's still available (at least new)

Jan 13, 2016 at 7:52 AM Post #15,005 of 21,171
Hifiman Re-600 are higly appreciated IEMs for the price, but I don't own it myself.

Jan 13, 2016 at 10:52 AM Post #15,007 of 21,171
  Hifiman Re-600 are higly appreciated IEMs for the price, but I don't own it myself.

Excellent sound for the price.
But you'll have to live with the atrocious build quality.
The cable kinks essentially out of the box.

I'd second this...have both, the 232 is better, of course, but not sure if it's still available (at least new)

Getting harder to find now.
But if you don't mind used, there's one for $325~ from Amazon Marketplace.

Hey guys

Is there any reason to change  stock HE560 cable to something better to increase sound quality ?

Looking to Toxic cables .

If you want go ahead and spend money on cables, that's up to you.
But don't be surprised if the % of "perceived" sonic quality increase is minuscule compared to upgrading your source components. 
I don't see any reason to upgrade the HE-560's cable.
You're better off spending money towards a new headphone.

Jan 13, 2016 at 11:06 AM Post #15,008 of 21,171
Hey guys

Is there any reason to change  stock HE560 cable to something better to increase sound quality ?

Looking to Toxic cables .
i upgraded mine. Differences were shuttle if any. You'd do better saving and upgrading your source. Big improvement when I went multibit. I got the cable for length and it is made more durable.

Jan 13, 2016 at 3:56 PM Post #15,009 of 21,171
I'd agree upgrading source more dramatic improvements, but there is improvements to be had by upgrading cable as well...everything adds together.

Jan 13, 2016 at 9:16 PM Post #15,012 of 21,171
  I get a major sq increase when connect my 560 to DAC via balance cable.

Balanced output will be louder, are you controlling for the sound pressure change? Louder when not too loud is perceived as sounding better according to scientific theory and research so a simple volume change needs to be controlled for. Personally I pursue balanced simply "in-case" and I have no evidence that it does or doesn't produce an improvement in sound quality.

Jan 13, 2016 at 11:52 PM Post #15,014 of 21,171
No, I'm not talking about volume increase I get more bass, control on high and general speed/control. I get it when buy balanced cable for my A28

Yes, but that isn't answering the question. If you don't turn the gain down from where it was with SE connection, in a balanced connection it will be louder. How obvious the volume increase is I can't say. That would be the real issue, if the volume increase was there, but not so large as to be extremely obvious it would be hard to tell perhaps. Anyway, like I said, I have no way of knowing if balanced makes a SQ difference; some very smart people say it does, some very smart people say it doesn't. I do know balanced is louder, and I do know that if the extra volume isn't too loud or distorted it will be more engaging and perceived as sounding better. How do you gauge general speed control? I owned an A18 by the way with my 560, amazing combination for sure.

Jan 14, 2016 at 1:12 AM Post #15,015 of 21,171
This improvement is related only to my dac specific. I agree if no different with dac output signal (like for my A28) there will not be a huge change between jack and balanced cables.
I've tried Easther M1 (my portable) and D200+A28 (my home) and can say that speed control of 560 is very high. What is opinion regarding this parameter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back