= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Dec 19, 2014 at 11:04 PM Post #10,891 of 21,171
Sorry all for the confusion. I also edited my post above but to say it again: I misread. Got off a very long shift and that's what I get for not wearing my glasses. Anyway I'm content with them like new at that price. Happy holidays all:)

And now I go to sleep after a long day. I shouldn't even be up!

Dec 19, 2014 at 11:47 PM Post #10,892 of 21,171
hello fellow headfiers, so awhile back i asked this thread for suggestions a headphone amp/dac that i could incorporate to my home theater setup, and received a lot of very helpful suggestions. 

after some time researching, i decided on this setup; laptop(usb)>headphone amp/dac(line-out)>receiver, it feels like this is the most neat setup.
and as i was looking for amp/dacs, i found the options a bit too expensive to justify some sort of instant gratification, yet i don't want to wait
then i stumbled upon geek pulse in indiegogo. based on the thread, the he-560 albeit not power hungry, does shine with a more powerful amp, and the geek pulse, with its 3000mW @ 32ohm output
looks plenty powerful and with a line-out included, it was just what i was looking for. 

for a powerful amp with a line-out, a $999 msrp available at a "i'm not sorry for my wallet" $399, it just seems hard to beat considering the other options out there.

and so what i'm actually asking from you guys is some sort of blessing on pulling the trigger... help me pull the trigger. :p

P.S. currently listening to tsuyoshi yamamoto trio on my he-560s... sooo eargasmic

Dec 19, 2014 at 11:52 PM Post #10,893 of 21,171
Ignore previous version of this post, I thought you had posted 300mw at 32ohm, not 3000mw. If that is correct that should be plenty of juice for the 560, My departed A18 was 1.8w at the same load and I felt it was quite good at driving the 560.

Dec 20, 2014 at 3:58 PM Post #10,894 of 21,171
  hello fellow headfiers, so awhile back i asked this thread for suggestions a headphone amp/dac that i could incorporate to my home theater setup, and received a lot of very helpful suggestions. 

after some time researching, i decided on this setup; laptop(usb)>headphone amp/dac(line-out)>receiver, it feels like this is the most neat setup.
and as i was looking for amp/dacs, i found the options a bit too expensive to justify some sort of instant gratification, yet i don't want to wait
then i stumbled upon geek pulse in indiegogo. based on the thread, the he-560 albeit not power hungry, does shine with a more powerful amp, and the geek pulse, with its 3000mW @ 32ohm output
looks plenty powerful and with a line-out included, it was just what i was looking for. 

for a powerful amp with a line-out, a $999 msrp available at a "i'm not sorry for my wallet" $399, it just seems hard to beat considering the other options out there.

and so what i'm actually asking from you guys is some sort of blessing on pulling the trigger... help me pull the trigger. :p

P.S. currently listening to tsuyoshi yamamoto trio on my he-560s... sooo eargasmic

I bought into a deal they offered for the HE 560 and Pulse. It amounted to getting the HE 560 for list and a Pulse for $170. I then upgraded to the Pulse X . The thing is, the Pulse is a bit of an unknown. There are just not a bunch of them out there. Yes the people that have actually gotten them are saying good things, but it is hard for me to make a recommendation without having listened for myself.

The other thing to think about is when you might actually get the unit. They are working their way from the earliest backers to recent backers. It could well be that you will wait a few months for your unit. If you do this, do it with the knowledge that you will have to exercise a lot of patience.

I am still waiting for my HE 560 and have nothing in the way of information from LHL on when they might ship. The headphones are not something they have to make, but still it has been over a month and I have nothing for my money. Just keep is in mind if you decide to go for it.

On paper and in theory, it looks like a good deal. If it all works out as they claim, the Pulse should do what you are looking for. It should drive the HE 560 very well. It should have pretty amazing performance based on the specs. Whether you like it or not... no one can answer that part.

Dec 21, 2014 at 10:04 PM Post #10,895 of 21,171
Somewhat random, but dang am I loving my HE 560s with Bifrost and Lyr 2. I'm constantly surprised how it breathes new life into songs. Now of course, I'm curious about tube rolling. The journey never ends does it?

Dec 21, 2014 at 10:16 PM Post #10,896 of 21,171
Hey, been doing this for, maybe, 25-30 years or so, answer the question?

Somewhat random, but dang am I loving my HE 560s with Bifrost and Lyr 2. I'm constantly surprised how it breathes new life into songs. Now of course, I'm curious about tube rolling. The journey never ends does it?

Dec 23, 2014 at 11:24 PM Post #10,897 of 21,171
My Norne speaker tap cable has shipped and with a little luck I will have it before going back to work in January. I'll be sure to post pictures and impressions of the 560 through my amp. Don't let the lack of a headphone section on your amp deter you, just throw money at the situation and magically it will appear. It is a Festivous miracle!

Dec 24, 2014 at 1:22 AM Post #10,898 of 21,171
My Norne speaker tap cable has shipped and with a little luck I will have it before going back to work in January. I'll be sure to post pictures and impressions of the 560 through my amp. Don't let the lack of a headphone section on your amp deter you, just throw money at the situation and magically it will appear. It is a Festivous miracle!

Happy Festivous Miricle!!! I look forward to reading about your impressions and seeing the pics!!!

Dec 25, 2014 at 10:32 AM Post #10,900 of 21,171
Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to all.

Dec 25, 2014 at 4:21 PM Post #10,902 of 21,171
Dec 25, 2014 at 9:51 PM Post #10,904 of 21,171
Merry Christmas everyone. I've had such a lovely day with family. We've eaten, drank and jammed. Now, I'm being taken somewhere else by these magnificent windows of sound..

Dec 25, 2014 at 10:11 PM Post #10,905 of 21,171
Merry Christmas, happy holidays, all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back