= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Nov 15, 2014 at 8:31 PM Post #10,171 of 21,171
Here's a twisted question for the thread. Has anyone found a case for these cans, not made by Hifiman, that they are fond of?

I would have much rather had these shipped in a nice travel case rather than the Rolex style box. I came across the Brainwavz Large Size Headphone Case on Amazon for $20US.

Of those I've looked at so far, they are my leading contenders. Anyone find a hidden treasure somewhere?

Nov 15, 2014 at 8:48 PM Post #10,172 of 21,171
Here's a twisted question for the thread. Has anyone found a case for these cans, not made by Hifiman, that they are fond of?

I would have much rather had these shipped in a nice travel case rather than the Rolex style box. I came across the Brainwavz Large Size Headphone Case on Amazon for $20US.

Of those I've looked at so far, they are my leading contenders. Anyone find a hidden treasure somewhere?

Nov 15, 2014 at 8:49 PM Post #10,173 of 21,171
I'd guess that the Audeze travel case would fit this one to a tee, and be able to fit much more, and also protect this against an explosion of some sort. Though it'll probably be more than $20.

Personally, I don't travel often enough to warrant a specific case for the HE-560. But I do have some spare old wood camera cases that I purchased off of eBay that I used to store the W1000...

Nov 15, 2014 at 9:11 PM Post #10,175 of 21,171

When i had my he500 i always used my carrying bag i got with my beyer mmx300... Sturdy and wellmade and not badlooking also...i believe u can buy those seperately also

http://europe.beyerdynamic.com/shop/hah/accessories/headset-bag.html

Nov 15, 2014 at 9:22 PM Post #10,176 of 21,171
Not sure if you don't want a Hifiman case at all or simply didn't know about the Hifiman travel case specifically designed for the HE-560 but it lists for $29 on the hifiman web site:

http://www.head-direct.com/Products/?act=detail&id=207

Looks well padded as it should for a custom design.  If I wanted a travel case this would be the first one I'd consider.  Not in the market for one though as my HE-560 stays near my desk.

Nov 15, 2014 at 11:09 PM Post #10,177 of 21,171
Not sure if you don't want a Hifiman case at all or simply didn't know about the Hifiman travel case specifically designed for the HE-560 but it lists for $29 on the hifiman web site:

http://www.head-direct.com/Products/?act=detail&id=207

Looks well padded as it should for a custom design.  If I wanted a travel case this would be the first one I'd consider.  Not in the market for one though as my HE-560 stays near my desk.

Problem with that case is that u need to disconnect the cable every time u want to use it...the beyer case u can use WITh the cable connected...and so in time less connector problems....i never ever disconnect cable. Thats probably whY i never ever had connector problems with all the hifimans i ever owned...only when i upgraded to better cable i disconnected the cable.... :p

Nov 15, 2014 at 11:20 PM Post #10,178 of 21,171
 Problem with that case is that u need to disconnect the cable every time u want to use it

Ah, I didn't realize that!  I wouldn't want to constantly remove and reinstall the cable.  I envision it would take a rather large travel case to allow for non-destructive coiling of the connected cable, the stock cable at any rate.

Nov 15, 2014 at 11:26 PM Post #10,179 of 21,171
Ah, I didn't realize that!  I wouldn't want to constantly remove and reinstall the cable.  I envision it would take a rather large travel case to allow for non-destructive coiling of the connected cable, the stock cable at any rate.

I even used that beyer case with my huge code-x, with probably the thickest aftermarket cable u can get for a headphone, the toxic cables copper venom RC-8...the only 8-wire version of that cable made for a hifiman headphone...specially made only for me...'normally' its 4wire (RC-4)...it fits perfectly without damaging the cable...and room to spare in front pocket to put in adapter cables etc. :wink:
I have that case for more then 6 years and its still spotless...true beyer quality..built to last..just like my mmx300.. Built like a tank...that headphone even survived a sandstorm while i had him on my head listening to music with my hifiman hm602 i once had :D

Nov 16, 2014 at 12:49 AM Post #10,182 of 21,171
Stock. There was a molded one there but the kid had them around his neck and I didn't want to intrude. I heard them on an astell dap connect to a gsx mk2 and also Hifiman set up with dap/ef6

Nov 16, 2014 at 12:53 AM Post #10,184 of 21,171
Going to gather impressions on paper tomorrow before I get into on here lol. Probably going to be a few people disagreeing with me about a get things.

Nov 16, 2014 at 1:00 AM Post #10,185 of 21,171
Found a good deal on the 560s, but dang is it hard to pull the trigger. This will sound weird, but I can't really picture how it will sound better compared to my IEMs since man do they sound good with my Lyr 2 and Bifrost (though I could easily see it sounding different). The place that I was initially going to go to and try them out, apparently only has an online store now. Hmmm, decisions, decisions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back