= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
May 10, 2014 at 5:27 PM Post #2,251 of 21,175

thats what i've heard at least from hifiman and others, its supposed to be like an easier to drive HE-6. someone else told me that its not as good though, a reputable person.

i know its not as pretty as HE-6, the He-6 looks much nicer with the piano black finish, but if its easier to drive and i can get rid of speaker amp, it would be really nice to have. i can get some money back and don't have to worry about my old speaker amp for using it.

It's different, voiced between the 560 and 6, so it is a bit warmer than the HE-6 I reckon but SQ should be up there or very close.

May 10, 2014 at 5:37 PM Post #2,252 of 21,175
  I haven't heard it. Jerg has posted lot's of impressions and as well as a few others. I'm waiting to see what the he400i brings to the table before making a decision. 

ah, I haven't really stayed active in alot of threads since theres tons of posts and not many are useful, especially before a product is released.

It's different, voiced between the 560 and 6, so it is a bit warmer than the HE-6 I reckon but SQ should be up there or very close.

ah, warmer HE-6 might be a good thing, hopefully they're close to what a well driven HE-6 sounds like, world class sound!

May 10, 2014 at 5:38 PM Post #2,253 of 21,175

ah, I haven't really stayed active in alot of threads since theres tons of posts and not many are useful, especially before a product is released.

ah, warmer HE-6 might be a good thing, hopefully they're close to what a well driven HE-6 sounds like, world class sound!

That't what I am hoping! I always felt HE-6 could benefit from a little warmth... well, here it is! Or so it seems :D
Check the first page, there are even links to other impressions/threads, even with some HE-6 comparisons/remarks, but those are not based on the slightly different retail unit [HE-560]

May 10, 2014 at 5:55 PM Post #2,254 of 21,175
Please tell me your impressions with the HE-560 and the Denon AVR 4800, and well as the HE-560 and the Jolida Tube DAC III with NOS Brimar 12AX7...you will also need the iFi IUSB, IPurifier, and ILink, as well as the cables that I listed to know how I hear the HE-560.  The complete setup can change total sound going to the HE-560, as well as the jRiver MC, Jplay and Windows 8.1 configuration.  Are you speaking from experience!

Your dacs is not good enough to show the potential of this hp imo. Ad 1855 and bb 1794 dont have the resolution power needed for a 560 whatever eg cables and usb solutions we use. Go ask the guys at diyaudio. As for your reciewer its directly objectively compromising the resolution because of the type of volume control. Dont the two dac setups sound very different btw?

May 10, 2014 at 6:04 PM Post #2,255 of 21,175

Please tell me your impressions with the HE-560 and the Denon AVR 4800, and well as the HE-560 and the Jolida Tube DAC III with NOS Brimar 12AX7...you will also need the iFi IUSB, IPurifier, and ILink, as well as the cables that I listed to know how I hear the HE-560.  The complete setup can change total sound going to the HE-560, as well as the jRiver MC, Jplay and Windows 8.1 configuration.  Are you speaking from experience!

Your dacs is not good enough to show the potential of this hp imo. Ad 1855 and bb 1794 dont have the resolution power needed for a 560 whatever eg cables and usb solutions we use. Go ask the guys at diyaudio. As for your reciewer its directly objectively compromising the resolution because of the type of volume control. Dont the two dac setups sound very different btw?

I apologize to your for buying the HE-560, and because it sounds so bad with my setup....I meant to ask you first, but I must have forgot.  Now that I have to trash my setup to be worthy of the HE-560, please tell me what I should buy so that I can please you?

The two DAC setups sound more the same than different btw!

May 10, 2014 at 6:08 PM Post #2,256 of 21,175
so this headphone is out yet or not?

thinking of buying it but don't know if its as good as HE-6...

From what I've read HE-6 still has the edge. Best to wait for some more impressions if you are looking at replacing HE-6 with these.

May 10, 2014 at 6:10 PM Post #2,257 of 21,175

I apologize to your for buying the HE-560, and because it sounds so bad with my setup....I meant to ask you first, but I must have forgot.  Now that I have to trash my setup to be worthy of the HE-560, please tell me what I should buy so that I can please you?

Yeah, I'm also for the revelation.
popcorn.gif

May 10, 2014 at 6:16 PM Post #2,258 of 21,175
I don't really buy this "your setup is not good enough" thing. Each setup brings a different flavour if you will but just because some setups are more tuned towards musicality rather than detail extraction is fine. It is probably down to one's setup which gives it a different sound, ie the headphone could be more revealing for example on different setups but that doesn't mean it's flawed and he never said he didn't like the headphone, just that it does something different than the other headphone.
He is not underpowering them either...
Point is, let's not go attacking one another's setup.

I'll be using a Matrix Mstage HPA-2 w/ DAC module (XMOS, PCM1793).
I don't think it's worthy either! Come at me Bros!

May 10, 2014 at 6:17 PM Post #2,259 of 21,175
From what I've read HE-6 still has the edge. Best to wait for some more impressions if you are looking at replacing HE-6 with these.

thats what it seems like, and what i would believe. especially seeing how many members here including myself would rank the He-6 above many other headphones, only rivaled by the best of the best, meaning well driven Audeze's and HD 800s; and to some, even the best stats... that level of praise I have not heard of regarding the HE-560.

May 10, 2014 at 6:21 PM Post #2,260 of 21,175

thats what it seems like, and what i would believe. especially seeing how many members here including myself would rank the He-6 above many other headphones, only rivaled by the best of the best, meaning well driven Audeze's and HD 800s; and to some, even the best stats... that level of praise I have not heard of regarding the HE-560.

HE6's been out for years and owned/sold by countless people and reviewers, tested on countless systems; meanwhile only a handful of beta testers and a couple dozen preorderers have their hands on HE560, in many cases only for a few days so far. Of course there's a disparity in opinion volume and maturity.

May 10, 2014 at 6:21 PM Post #2,261 of 21,175
I have tried a few receivers, not enough to judge, but in my experience they lack the detail compared to professional amps or other high end dedicated equipment.

May 10, 2014 at 6:23 PM Post #2,262 of 21,175

Well who's got the final final version though? Like two people :cool:
I expect it to be between the 500 and 6 both signature wise and sonically. Might be a good thing for sone (still excellent value) or bad (lacking some things they value more than those it excels at, ie - it beats the HE-6 in a few things but loses in others)

May 10, 2014 at 6:43 PM Post #2,263 of 21,175
cute said:

My experience with different gear on the 560 is you can actually benefit from a better dac. Thats why i mention it. Please. I dont generally think dac/pre is where the money should go. Far from. But it was just my impression from using the hp. Actually i guess i could use some more transparancy and power my self. I think it deserves equipment in at least eg audio gd nfb 28 class (but i would personally go for that reference 10.32). But thats my take and guess on it.

May 10, 2014 at 6:59 PM Post #2,264 of 21,175
  I miss the forward mids on the he-500 else, it would have been perfect. And the wire is abit too short for me maybe because of the thick sleeve, the he-500s is slightly stretchable. I have average small ears so the pads size was not an issue. Other than the yolk problem, I wish the metal frame had a better finish. The weight was the biggest improvement. I had to give up on the he-500 because of the weight now, it's not an issue. The wooden case is excessive and impractical though and adds alot of shipping weight. Could have just used a smaller case like the old he-500 box or a better portable case.

On a sight note, which other headphones have the same lush forward mids like the he-500?

Koss ESP950

May 10, 2014 at 7:01 PM Post #2,265 of 21,175

cute said:

My experience with different gear on the 560 is you can actually benefit from a better dac. Thats why i mention it. Please. I dont generally think dac/pre is where the money should go. Far from. But it was just my impression from using the hp. Actually i guess i could use some more transparancy and power my self. I think it deserves equipment in at least eg audio gd nfb 28 class (but i would personally go for that reference 10.32). But thats my take and guess on it.

I had the Audio-GD DAC 19 prior to the Jolida Tube DAC, and the Jolida sound blows the DAC 19 away, I sold the DAC 19 in favor of the Jolida.  The Denon AVR 4800 is the best sounding Denon AVR, some still say.  It was the first THX certified receiver....from speaker taps the sound is excellent.  Seems as though your ten hours with the HE-560 gives you more experience to tell others what the HE-560 deserves to be driven with! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back