= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Jul 24, 2018 at 7:46 AM Post #19,891 of 21,171
All I can say is that the headband (or strap that attaches to the metal part) definitely seems like it should have been longer. There is little give to it before it stretches taut. I can see people having a problem with it. It's okay for me because like I said before you can adjust the strap to go upward using the notches on the sides. I just can't help but wonder whether this is some manufacturing error though, especially since the headband mechanism mirrors the Sundara one.

As for the looks, to each his own. I like it quite a bit. It's not flashy or anything. I've never seen the V1 in person but I don't like the wood veneer on it. It looks like the paneling of some basement in the 1970's.

Jul 24, 2018 at 7:50 AM Post #19,892 of 21,171
The current theory is that the headbands are indeed the same, but the HE560 cups are deeper than the Sundara cups, so when you attach the headband yokes to the middle of the cup, there's more cup on either side, making the space between them smaller.

Jul 24, 2018 at 7:53 AM Post #19,893 of 21,171
As for the looks, to each his own. I like it quite a bit. It's not flashy or anything. I've never seen the V1 in person but I don't like the wood veneer on it. It looks like the paneling of some basement in the 1970's.
LOL, as somebody who grew up with said wood paneling in the late 70s and early 80s (my dad just loved it) I agree. The wood veneer wasn't really that attractive so if the current V2 doesn't use it, I'm fine with that.

Jul 24, 2018 at 8:46 PM Post #19,894 of 21,171
I agree the v2 looks very cool, I like it's look better then my original 560's..

Jul 24, 2018 at 9:25 PM Post #19,895 of 21,171
The grey cups don’t feel like cheap plastic either. It’s solid feeling and has an almost ceramic like finish to it. I guess between the V2 and from what I’ve read about the Ananda and Sundara, HiFiMan is stepping up a little in the build department.

Jul 24, 2018 at 10:11 PM Post #19,896 of 21,171
Sorry if this has been discussed and I missed it, how does the V2 differ from the sound of the 400i?

Jul 24, 2018 at 10:39 PM Post #19,898 of 21,171
HE560 V2 vs. HE4XX is like Camry to Corolla
HE560 V1 vs. HE 560 V2 is like Lexus to Camry. Shinier.
Appreciate the effort mate, but I was looking for concrete sound signature details as opposed to metaphorical comparison, but thanks for responding for sure.

Jul 24, 2018 at 11:37 PM Post #19,900 of 21,171
just got the v2. tried wearing it for like an hour and i find it comfortable. More comfortable than my other pair of headphones (Master and Dynamics MH40). about the headband, I think if you replace the leather strap with something similar to the one being sold on the ebay link below, it will make it more comfy and fit larger heads.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HiFiMAN-HE...E6-Unofficial-Modification-Strap/183313554256

anyway, i don't have experience with a lot of headphones. So far i enjoy the sound and pretty satisfied with it. for the price i paid, i'd say it's worth it.

Jul 25, 2018 at 3:49 AM Post #19,901 of 21,171
Does anyone want to post any pictures of this headphone? It would be nice to see exactly what this headband issue looks like.

Jul 25, 2018 at 4:05 AM Post #19,902 of 21,171
Does anyone want to post any pictures of this headphone? It would be nice to see exactly what this headband issue looks like.
Note the gap between the strap and band. This is the headphone with the headband adjustments maxed out. Width of the box is 4.5 inches. Width of my head from each ear tip is about 8 inches or so.
YRwnZzh.jpg

Note the strap on my T50RP and how close it is to the band. Plenty of room to stretch out further.
U9ntyhL.jpg

The custom strap you see on my T50RP was made by me and I made the same mistake as HiFiMan initially. Difference is that I noticed it and made a new one and am not a headphone company selling them as production models. Unfortunate since they seem to be built well otherwise. the yokes remind me of my DT880. The yoke lack any sort of front and back swivel however, very odd since the pads are slightly angled. Sadly, I'm going to return these.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2018 at 6:05 AM Post #19,903 of 21,171
Note the gap between the strap and band. This is the headphone with the headband adjustments maxed out. Width of the box is 4.5 inches. Width of my head from each ear tip is about 8 inches or so.
YRwnZzh.jpg

Note the strap on my T50RP and how close it is to the band. Plenty of room to stretch out further.
U9ntyhL.jpg

The custom strap you see on my T50RP was made by me and I made the same mistake as HiFiMan initially. Difference is that I noticed it and made a new one and am not a headphone company selling them as production models. Unfortunate since they seem to be built well otherwise. the yokes remind me of my DT880. The yoke lack any sort of front and back swivel however, very odd since the pads are slightly angled. Sadly, I'm going to return these.

That is unbelievably small...
It must be strap length mistake.
I love my HE560 with the sliders set OVER the top notch, but it seems V2 are even way smaller.

Jul 25, 2018 at 6:35 AM Post #19,904 of 21,171
YRwnZzh.jpg

U9ntyhL.jpg

That is an unfortunate oversight on Hifimans part. I had ordered one but am going to cancel it, I was planning on swapping to ZMf pads at some point and I dont think it will fit on my head if I did. Be lucky if it fit with the stock pads.

What a serious let down. this was such a good deal. They had fixed every complaint I had with the original 560 and made it an amazing price.

Ah well guess those with smaller heads can enjoy the deal.

Guess I will look at some modded t50rps for my Planar fix.

Jul 25, 2018 at 6:41 AM Post #19,905 of 21,171
When my HE-650 v1 yoke broke HifiMan sent me a metal headband as a replacement and I'm positive it is the same as the v2 headband with only the accents silver instead of orange. I have a small head and I'm 3/4 fully maxed out. Fits me so I am happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back