= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Apr 10, 2016 at 6:50 PM Post #15,859 of 21,173
  My hifiman cable is broken. Keeps separating at the connector. Is there a quality cable for a reasonable price that has better durability?

Do you still have warranty coverage? If so they will replace it.
I had the problem with my HE 400, they sent me a new one, quite a while ago (2 years)  no problems with the replacement.
Likewise with my HE 560. The replacement has been fine.

Just a thought. It could save you some money.

Apr 10, 2016 at 8:11 PM Post #15,863 of 21,173
  So with the best in the verse cable I would have to solder the hifiman ends on? Because they don't sell the cable with hifiman ends already installed according to their website.

Those connectors can be hard to find by themselves.

A new cable doesn't have to come from HFM:

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/hifiman-cable

Apr 10, 2016 at 8:24 PM Post #15,864 of 21,173
  Headphone side broke. Smc style connector. I am trying to see if it is currently covered or not under warranty.

I got some decent cables from ebay before learning how to build my own.

http://stores.ebay.com/ilikevenusaudio/  I've bought 2 cables from this vendor, and I seen a few others buy from this vendor for other types of connectors like audeze, sennheiser, and Mr speaker

Apr 10, 2016 at 11:31 PM Post #15,865 of 21,173
  Got a picture of the cracks?  I might be interested in buying them

When I get them back I will see about posting a picture. Right now I'm thinking the buyer may have just been super picky or something because he did not take time to give them a proper audition before requesting a return.
I also have a pair of PM2 headphones I will be selling soon, hope I have better luck with them. 

Apr 11, 2016 at 11:16 AM Post #15,866 of 21,173
Some thoughts on my new he560... i can't get enough of this neutral yet musical sound presentation , ocean of details and never analytical, low end is so layered...layer after layer and that texture mmmmm

mids are, 2 my ears could use more body , more weight ... but, i can live with it as it is...

highs at times can sound a bit harsh , i bet hifiman could do a better job with treble but they didn't want to make he560 "tooooooo gooooodddddd" , i mean he1000 got to sell right ? )

find a right amp is still a pain in the **************

so far i find right synergy with HEGEL HD20 dac and Chord cables , so the only thing i am still thinking about is amp , Chord amp could be it ...ill get chord amp to demo it soon ....

the only bad thing about he560 is cable , damn ... first beyerdynamic t5p with that ridiculous cheap cable with 1k $ headphone , now hifiman ö.Ö
i mean , whats up with that ... designing a great sounding drivers , installing them into good damped cups, working on ergonomics inner acoustics ...comfort and once a great headphone is born , why not just open cold beer , put your feet on table , layback ...and order a cheap toy-like cable to  headphone that suppose to be a premium product .....

i bet box, that headphones are come with cost 10 times more than cable .... seriously , i want to punch wall with my head ....

Apr 11, 2016 at 11:40 AM Post #15,867 of 21,173
^ I found nothing bad with the spc stock cable of 560. I had the amp end chopped and retermed with a 4-pin balanced plug. No problems whatsoever. YMMV as always, but HP cabling, for me, doesn't do much to improve the sound. More so the amp and dac.

Apr 11, 2016 at 12:30 PM Post #15,868 of 21,173
  Some thoughts on my new he560... i can't get enough of this neutral yet musical sound presentation , ocean of details and never analytical, low end is so layered...layer after layer and that texture mmmmm

mids are, 2 my ears could use more body , more weight ... but, i can live with it as it is...

highs at times can sound a bit harsh , i bet hifiman could do a better job with treble but they didn't want to make he560 "tooooooo gooooodddddd" , i mean he1000 got to sell right ? )

find a right amp is still a pain in the **************

so far i find right synergy with HEGEL HD20 dac and Chord cables , so the only thing i am still thinking about is amp , Chord amp could be it ...ill get chord amp to demo it soon ....

the only bad thing about he560 is cable , damn ... first beyerdynamic t5p with that ridiculous cheap cable with 1k $ headphone , now hifiman ö.Ö
i mean , whats up with that ... designing a great sounding drivers , installing them into good damped cups, working on ergonomics inner acoustics ...comfort and once a great headphone is born , why not just open cold beer , put your feet on table , layback ...and order a cheap toy-like cable to  headphone that suppose to be a premium product .....

i bet box, that headphones are come with cost 10 times more than cable .... seriously , i want to punch wall with my head ....

I agree - The HE-560 is a great headphone! - sound is excellent! - and yes the mids are a bit under the radar. My biggest issue is also the cable. Those twist connectors are horrid! secondly (this is an issue with many headphones not just hifiman) is the heavy heavy cable. It creates so much un necessary drag. I love the HD650 cable (weight wise)

Apr 11, 2016 at 12:33 PM Post #15,869 of 21,173

I agree - The HE-560 is a great headphone! - sound is excellent! - and yes the mids are a bit under the radar. My biggest issue is also the cable. Those twist connectors are horrid! secondly (this is an issue with many headphones not just hifiman) is the heavy heavy cable. It creates so much un necessary drag. I love the HD650 cable (weight wise)

Hmmm....you must have a different cable than mine. Not heavy, just a bit stiff but still comfy. Thinner than the 650's stock.

@Arttt: Enjoy your new HP.

Apr 11, 2016 at 8:32 PM Post #15,870 of 21,173

I found the original cable decent and not heavy at all, I've build my own cable using Mogami wire and its actually heavier than the stock but still lighter than what they have been putting on Grado's (my SR-225e and RS2e have 8 conductor cables that are really heavy).  I'm one the few that like the twist on SMC connectors since they provide a secure connection and don't move around when they get worn like the current 3.5 & 2.5mm TRS/TR connectors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back