HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening.
Oct 28, 2013 at 9:53 PM Post #8,896 of 20,386
  I received my pair after a long wait, but was worth it.
Their sound is truly awesome, but really heavy, I can t wear them very long
basshead.gif

They didn't charge you anything extra for the mishap did they?

Oct 28, 2013 at 10:00 PM Post #8,897 of 20,386
  I received my pair after a long wait, but was worth it.
Their sound is truly awesome, but really heavy, I can t wear them very long
basshead.gif

Yeah. The weight and headband are my only complaints with the cans. I would recommend you head over to amazon and search "Headphone Headband Cushion," the first one that pops up is the one I use. Other people use it as well.

Seeing as I have had my pair for a good six months, I should probably contribute to this thread. I have been driving them with my new CEntrance Hifi-M8. Super nice pairing, in my opinion. Zero qualms. Except the damn headband. The things just are not comfortable. I tried a pair of AKG K240s the other day and was dumbfounded by how comfortable they were. AKG have a magic headband mechanism goin' on there. HiFiMAN, please take note!

Oct 29, 2013 at 1:34 AM Post #8,898 of 20,386
Hi Guys, 

I just received an email back from Emotiva with a quote to ship the A100 over here to the UK, they said :

Below is a quote for the products you are interested in: 

A-100 $169.00
Freight $88.34 FedEx International Economy
Total $257.34

*You are responsible for your own duties and customs fees. 

Forms of payment:
We offer two payment options: PayPal or bank wire transfer. 

I've never bought from the US before, so how does the duties/customs work exactly? How do I pay, and will it delay delivery?

Thanks. 

Oct 29, 2013 at 2:40 AM Post #8,899 of 20,386
  Hi Guys, 

I just received an email back from Emotiva with a quote to ship the A100 over here to the UK, they said :

I've never bought from the US before, so how does the duties/customs work exactly? How do I pay, and will it delay delivery?

Thanks. 

You usually pay on arrival in UK, as in at the door of your place. There are import tax calculators for the UK and govt. website for more info.
Head-fiers in the US are so lucky they can get it locally at the original discounted price. It would be my first choice speaker taps amp...but not so due to shipping costs and tax on top.

Oct 29, 2013 at 5:28 AM Post #8,900 of 20,386
Price in USA for HE500 + Emotiva amp + delivery = $900 (£560)

Price in the UK for HE500  (no amp) = £700

HE500 + Emotiva imported to UK from USA in delivery and tax converted to UKP = £800

Massive price difference.

Oct 29, 2013 at 6:16 AM Post #8,902 of 20,386
Oct 29, 2013 at 6:34 AM Post #8,903 of 20,386
Price in USA for HE500 + Emotiva amp + delivery = $900 (£560)

Price in the UK for HE500  (no amp) = £700

HE500 + Emotiva imported to UK from USA in delivery and tax converted to UKP = £800

Massive price difference.

+1 i agree with that..
in the netherlands its even worse then that! And honestly..i dont understand it...why is it that when a US citizen buys/imports something from europe they only start to pay taxes and custom charges above 2000usd (if i am not mistaken) and us in the netherlands (or probably any other euro country) pay custom fees/taxes for products above 50euros!!!

Why is it not the same? Never understood that... Its ****ed up.. Ur almost forced to buy ur stuff in europe or else pay premium prices!
Buying a hifiman in states is not sensible..because of the longer delivertime and extra costs..as for most of the other budget audio stuff...if u can get it in europe..do it..its more affordable most of the times..and less risk of losing stuff!!! That happened to me two times already..
Saying that..So if someone in europe wants to buy a he500... I know one..hehehehe

Oct 29, 2013 at 6:35 AM Post #8,904 of 20,386
Oct 29, 2013 at 7:08 AM Post #8,905 of 20,386
Very happy with my HE-500 out of the Burson Conductor. They have precisely the clean, balanced sound I was looking for and they don't seem to do a whole lot wrong - the mids are up there with the best I've heard. I wore them for 3 hours last night and felt like I could have worn them for 3 hours more. I have no issues with the weight or the clamping force.

For some reason after owning the LCD-2, the T1 and the Fostex TH-600, I expected these headphones to disappoint me. I'm happy to report that this is not the case at all.

Oct 29, 2013 at 7:19 AM Post #8,907 of 20,386
+1 i agree with that..
in the netherlands its even worse then that! And honestly..i dont understand it...why is it that when a US citizen buys/imports something from europe they only start to pay taxes and custom charges above 2000usd (if i am not mistaken) and us in the netherlands (or probably any other euro country) pay custom fees/taxes for products above 50euros!!!

Why is it not the same? Never understood that... Its ****ed up.. Ur almost forced to buy ur stuff in europe or else pay premium prices!
Buying a hifiman in states is not sensible..because of the longer delivertime and extra costs..as for most of the other budget audio stuff...if u can get it in europe..do it..its more affordable most of the times..and less risk of losing stuff!!! That happened to me two times already..
Saying that..So if someone in europe wants to buy a he500... I know one..hehehehe

Our economy is sadly just stronger? If smaller nations like UK and Nederland didn't charge import then their own goods wouldn't sell. It's even worse in New Zealand...

Oct 29, 2013 at 8:47 AM Post #8,909 of 20,386
Looking at the national debt of the USA I am not sure about that haha.

UK is a rip off country.

Yeah sort of (that was the sadly part) but our debt is caused by our insistence to be permanently involved in war. I think we are running 12 years solid now (oo-rah! USA!) so yeah...thats something else entirely. The economy itself isnt that bad. EU is way worse off with the exception of Germany. Speaking of, any Germans? How much do phones cost over there? Especially Ultrasone,AKG, and others manufactured close by.

Oct 29, 2013 at 11:17 AM Post #8,910 of 20,386
Yeah sort of (that was the sadly part) but our debt is caused by our insistence to be permanently involved in war. I think we are running 12 years solid now (oo-rah! USA!) so yeah...thats something else entirely. The economy itself isnt that bad. EU is way worse off with the exception of Germany. Speaking of, any Germans? How much do phones cost over there? Especially Ultrasone,AKG, and others manufactured close by.

I dont think the taxes and custom fees has anything to do with better economy..even worse..in europe..the better the economy the higher the fees!! Check denmark!! It has best economy in europe..u dont wanna buy something overseas there i understand.
By the way.. Germany has same kind of fees as in the netherlands.. I think it has to do with the bigger companies in general..US based companies have a very agressive way in marketing and doing business.. So i guess these importduties are to protect (weaker) european companies from that.but as always us little people pay the bill!!
But still.. Ur taxes are much lower in general..also on ur own products..i know friends who go on holiday to the states just to buy premium goods.. The pricedifference is that big!

Like gas..i pay 1,86euro for a liter superplus (octane 98 BP) for my car!! Last month i filled my car up with gulf challenge gasoline (octane 100..same price as octane 98 here by the way) and i paid 120euro (something more then 60liters i guess) thats 165usd!! For just over 60 liters! And thats because of almost 40 precent of taxes on that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back