HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening.
Feb 2, 2013 at 6:31 PM Post #2,851 of 20,386
Quote:

Yes I agree with that! Those cans have over-emphasized bass to no end without a doubt, but there are certain areas which are simply reproduced as distortion with my HE-6 but as sound with rumble with the Pro 900.
Examples - thunder, followed by a lightning. the thunder is reproduced as a big scrumbled distorted noise on the HE-6 whereas on the Pro 900 it sounds like thunder.
Other example is a dropped bomb, exploding- on HE-6 the explosion is a messed, distorted "fhskjf" but on the Pro 900 it is reproduced to the latest bit, like that deep explosion should be.

Then again my HE-6 (which might be the only Hifiman with rolled off bass? according to the graphs) is my only HIFIMAN point of reference so I generalized a little bit there.... Sorry if it differs with other models. Sorry again 
wink.gif

And I said I likewise do to... just complaining about this one single little tiny wee flaw :)

The bass on the hE6 when properly amped with power and I mean at least 15 watts is explosive.. I used an 80w wat tpower amp and it never distored until I used my Taboo on comples passages the amp simply gave out causing distortion,. I will say this again and IU have purchased the he500 again the he6 when properly amoed and I mean powerful amps is the best headphone I hav eowned or heard. Sadly I sold it off because my SX980 was having some issues or I would still own both. The bass on the HE6 when amped properly is to die for

Feb 2, 2013 at 6:42 PM Post #2,853 of 20,386
Quote:
The bass on the hE6 when properly amped with power and I mean at least 15 watts is explosive.. I used an 80w wat tpower amp and it never distored until I used my Taboo on comples passages the amp simply gave out causing distortion,. I will say this again and IU have purchased the he500 again the he6 when properly amoed and I mean powerful amps is the best headphone I hav eowned or heard. Sadly I sold it off because my SX980 was having some issues or I would still own both. The bass on the HE6 when amped properly is to die for

I gotta hear HE6 + speaker amp at a meet some point in the future; you're not the first to describe how sublime the sound becomes with that.

Feb 2, 2013 at 6:47 PM Post #2,855 of 20,386
The same group of people recycling the same comments over and over again regardless of what thread they are in. The HE-6 crusade is getting old boys.

My 0.02 cents.

Feb 2, 2013 at 6:50 PM Post #2,856 of 20,386
Quote:
I gotta hear HE6 + speaker amp at a meet some point in the future; you're not the first to describe how sublime the sound becomes with that.

If you can get someone up in Canada driving one properly I think you would be surprised on how good it can be. Its explosive and the soundstage is really special as is the treble. A good vintage Pioneer from the SX950 and up will be suited for dynamics and also can be driven out of the headphone jack . The SX980 was 80w and it was putting 15W or more into the 50 ohm load. The Pioneer always put out more power than they were rated at. I heard a difference from the headphone jack and it scaled higher out of the speaker taps. I love the HE500 because its easier to drive and I cant think of any other headphone in its price range that sounds better but that HE6 is something special but a bear to drive,

Feb 2, 2013 at 7:16 PM Post #2,859 of 20,386
Headphones are like women. The more attractive they are, the more bl*ody trouble they are hahah

The HE6's are verrry attractive!

I'll stick with my HE500's.

Feb 2, 2013 at 7:17 PM Post #2,860 of 20,386
Quote:

HE-500 good for music, Denons better for movie - you can't get everything. That's why buy Beats - Dr. Dre made them. Bro....he's a doctor, you can't go wrong.
biggrin.gif

Yeah right..probably the doctor of love or was it bass?
wink.gif

Feb 2, 2013 at 7:26 PM Post #2,861 of 20,386
I thought speaker amplification had high output impedence. Don't these 'phones need <1ohm output impedence to sound good?

Feb 2, 2013 at 7:29 PM Post #2,862 of 20,386

Just set them up yesterday, and the HE-500s are wonderful. Great detail, and not too bright. A bit heavier than my old Senn HD600, but I'm getting used to them...very happy with the quality of the music.

Feb 2, 2013 at 7:34 PM Post #2,864 of 20,386
Quote:
I thought speaker amplification had high output impedence. Don't these 'phones need <1ohm output impedence to sound good?

I might be wrong here, but impedance, and thus damping factor, doesn't apply with planar magnetics. This is because for the impedance component, there's only resistance and no reactance.

Feb 2, 2013 at 7:34 PM Post #2,865 of 20,386
Short ball guys - HE-500 or T1? If anyone here can be objective of course :D

I listen to everything with emphasis on electronic and inde rock ofc most of it in Flac.

I come from AH-D1000 and I also own for last few days D7100 but I dont like them and I am going to return them as way too bassy and wit ha bit of pinchy highs and mutated high pitched women voices.

Thanks for all and any input :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back