HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening.
Mar 7, 2014 at 10:50 PM Post #12,946 of 20,386
  I am in the same boat as Rookie. My new toy came today. DAC + Headphone amp = solved. Speakers almost done. Then get off head-fi. 
beerchug.gif

Only thing I still need head-fi is for a Fostex. After that, away from all temptation 
biggrin.gif

Rookie, I expect some pictures at the very least!

nice pic!! yes..i am on the going away boat..just like u...

but i promise i will make some 'packing out' pics...just because u asked it to...but.those wont be top of line pics as my new audio rack (that i bought for my new toys) isnt going to be here for another 4 months or so..so bare with me if the pics look a bit amateuristic.
wink_face.gif

but i wont talk about how it sounds or anything..just esthetics..and a big box..
biggrin.gif

what a colorful amp u have!!! never heard of that brand....dangerous source? knowing u a bit it will sound good...so i hope u share with me (or us) how it sounds...
and i still need advice on my new speaker rig..any tips? PM them to me if u can..thanks my friend..

Mar 7, 2014 at 10:52 PM Post #12,947 of 20,386

i promise i will make some 'packing out' pics..those wont be top of line pics as my new rack (that i bought for my new toys) isnt going to be here for another 4 months or so..so bare with me if the pics look a bit amateuristic.
wink_face.gif

but i wont talk about how it sounds or anything..just esthetics..and a big box..
biggrin.gif

Cool. Post pics here and drop me a message about the sound. I'd still be interested. Cheers.

Mar 7, 2014 at 11:05 PM Post #12,948 of 20,386

Cool. Post pics here and drop me a message about the sound. I'd still be interested. Cheers.

i will..promise...have a good one..i am going to bed...5:00am! in a few hours the package will arrive...13:30, if i am lucky, or 15:30 at the latest...can u believe i have to pay the delivery guy cash on delivery for the extra costs of customs and taxes? need to run to an ATM for money in the morning as i know what the costs are... i really REALLY hate DUTCH customs! i know they do their job..but i hate them...period!!...i have to pay around 30% over the total of the postage (for a 20kg package) and the worth of the amp together!!.. ohwell..important is that i at last will be able to hear it....
beerchug.gif

Mar 8, 2014 at 12:36 AM Post #12,949 of 20,386
  I am in the same boat as Rookie. My new toy came today. DAC + Headphone amp = solved. Speakers almost done. Then get off head-fi. 
beerchug.gif

Only thing I still need head-fi is for a Fostex. After that, away from all temptation 
biggrin.gif

Rookie, I expect some pictures at the very least!

That thing is Death Star badass.  Love their logo.  Wrong cans sitting atop it, though 
wink.gif

Mar 8, 2014 at 12:57 AM Post #12,951 of 20,386

That thing is Death Star badass.  Love their logo.  Wrong cans sitting atop it, though 
wink.gif

Yeah it's a solid peace of gear. I haven't felt this good about getting such value since my HE-500s. The D2000 are surprisingly super tight with these and crazy bass. Way better value than something like M51 and BDA-2. Not to mention I like the sound of this more than BDA-2/BHA-1 which was a bit too aggressive. Getting monitors very, very soon. After that, I'll be doing most of my listening on them. Then I'll do a final headphone upgrade.

I'm going to try and find a HE-500 and other planars to try it out of the headphone jack at the upcoming meet. Should be interesting.

Mar 8, 2014 at 2:31 AM Post #12,953 of 20,386
It's the dangerous source.

hifimanrookie, you promised to open a new thread on your amp some months ago :frowning2:
Please post some impressions or something...

Mar 8, 2014 at 2:33 AM Post #12,954 of 20,386
For those wondering, a quick overview:

Funny dude as well

Mar 8, 2014 at 9:43 AM Post #12,955 of 20,386
It's the dangerous source.

hifimanrookie, you promised to open a new thread on your amp some months ago :frowning2:
Please post some impressions or something...

Dont worry..i will..still no amp...they are late!

Update: its here!!! Very smelly ..smells like vinagar...i was warned about this..the sillicone gilbert uses in his components gives out that smell in beginning..but it gets less over time.. Cant wait to connect it..
Last picsies here..unpacking pics..i put an HDD on the pic u u get an idea how big everything in reality is..no miniature stuff here..no way.. :p
The black cables are 14awg..its his standard cable.check the cable thats on the plc..next to the cables in plastic...its his budget premium cable..the bc61! U can even find his blue usb cable.. :p

I only put these pics here as it was requested..rest will be found (also soundexperiences) on a different thread that i will open..

And i go back yo connecting stuff..its like lego..hehehe

Got the lego puzzle ready :D the rack is an old Atacama audio rack i had..awaiting my new rack...i used the stuff that was in the box under the different planks..works good!!

Mar 8, 2014 at 12:45 PM Post #12,956 of 20,386
Oh my my!

Did it power up ok?  
biggrin.gif
  Next few days, you will be in hiding, right?

Mar 8, 2014 at 12:52 PM Post #12,958 of 20,386
Oh my my!

Did it power up ok?  :D   Next few days, you will be in hiding, right?

All 3 blue circles lighted up perfectly..yep have 3 enlighted circles... Looks good in the dark..its very soft blue'ish glow..
This evening i will fire it up...and do a first listening... And i now also know where the weight comes from..the powersupply..OMG..
Yep hiding i will...

Mar 8, 2014 at 12:58 PM Post #12,959 of 20,386
All 3 blue circles lighted up perfectly..yep have 3 enlighted circles... Looks good in the dark..its very soft bluesh glow..
This evening i will fire it up...and do a first listening...
Yep hiding i will...

Very nice 
smily_headphones1.gif

Be sure to post a link to your new thread herein so we can post lots of questions for you.  I've got a few, but I'll save them for the proper place.

Enjoy!

P.S. - so, your daughter's really into toy cars, eh?  Wait, those aren't your toys, are they??  
wink.gif

Mar 8, 2014 at 12:59 PM Post #12,960 of 20,386
End game is where Head-fi'ers go after they die. It's the Head-fi equivalent of enlightenment of searching for sonic nirvana. Bad Head-fi'ers are forced to listen to Beats headphones for all eternity.

That last line is funny :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back