HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening.
Mar 6, 2014 at 9:16 PM Post #12,931 of 20,386
Heard great things about Mjolnir. Wish my aftermarket cable was balanced...Ragnarok seems intriguing, not sure when it'll be released though. A lot of great ideas here, some interesting ideas to explore further. Just read about the Auralic Taurus MKII...wish I could afford it- seems like a beauty.

Well..never say never!! I was looking for a about 1200usd worth of amp around june 2013 to upgrade my excellent (now owned by xenophon) 337 for a he6 that i was planning to buy around now..but the regulars here know what happened...my budget exploded.. And no he6 or 1200usd amp to be found in my possession..it ended up a eenie weenie little bit different :wink:

thats the danger of being here..before u know it u start spending.... And spending..and spending..and all because of u guys on headfi..i hate u..u made me do it..ur the devil...i have to look into it..who knows maybe the devil is the hidden sponsor of headfi..making ur loose our heads in spending money and because of that lie to our wifes/ girlfriends about the real costs..that will make lots of souls for his warm enviroment :veryevil:
But we can say..the devil made me do it... Hehehehe

Mar 6, 2014 at 9:30 PM Post #12,932 of 20,386
If the devil does secretly run head-fi, I've got one fresh soul, barely used, for a mint Sennheiser Orpheus 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 7, 2014 at 12:11 AM Post #12,933 of 20,386
What the hell is end game???? You're on head-fi. It doesn't exist. You can maybe call it the...month game or the year game. Hell even the hunger games, but most certainly not end game....Unless you're going to speakers like me :D, then just maybe

Mar 7, 2014 at 12:15 AM Post #12,934 of 20,386
End game is as it has been for many years now. Its just what an individual can financially afford or financially justify for the investment into the hobby. Nothing more.

Calling products end game based on cost is silly as any manufacturer can charge whatever they like and their product might not be worth and more than a similar product costing a fraction of the price. And just because a product costs more doesnt mean it sounds any better than any other. Again, just something up to the individual to decide/believe.

Mar 7, 2014 at 12:18 AM Post #12,935 of 20,386
I think the only way what anyone's got is end game is if you unsubscribe from Head-Fi, get abducted by aliens and have your memory erased.  Otherwise, fuggedaboutit 
biggrin.gif

Mar 7, 2014 at 1:09 AM Post #12,936 of 20,386
  I think the only way what anyone's got is end game is if you unsubscribe from Head-Fi, get abducted by aliens and have your memory erased.  Otherwise, fuggedaboutit 
biggrin.gif

Read that as memory card erased. Now I feel like breaking out the PS2.

Mar 7, 2014 at 10:50 AM Post #12,937 of 20,386
  Read that as memory card erased. Now I feel like breaking out the PS2.

LOL.  Ah, the PS2.  Mine languishes on a filing cabinet in The Laboratory.  I'd have to put away my soldering gear to make room for it.  Maybe after I finish these cables... and pad mods, and this Lyr thing, and these cans.  Obviously I need more space.

Mar 7, 2014 at 5:22 PM Post #12,939 of 20,386
YESSSSSSS. OH YESSS..guess what santa (or whatever good man) is delivering tomorrow at around 13:30.... :D

But The package weighs 44lbs! my god i will break my back carrying it to the 4th floor where it will be placed!!! Hope the delivery guy will help me...
So..be prepared for me to be quiet for a while from now on... Iwish u lots of fun here
Until we meet again :p

Mar 7, 2014 at 5:33 PM Post #12,940 of 20,386
YESSSSSSS. OH YESSS..guess what santa (or whatever good man) is delivering tomorrow at around 13:30....
biggrin.gif

But The package weighs 44lbs! my god i will break my back carrying it to the 4th floor where it will be placed!!! Hope the delivery guy will help me...
So..be prepared for me to be quiet for a while from now on... Iwish u lots of fun here
Until we meet again
tongue.gif

Um, 44lbs!? What is it? A stereo amp? Sure nothing for headphones needs to be that heavy... Unless its furniture.

Mar 7, 2014 at 6:06 PM Post #12,942 of 20,386
Um, 44lbs!? What is it? A stereo amp? Sure nothing for headphones needs to be that heavy... Unless its furniture.

Nope..no stereo amp..just something i have been waiting for since june 2013.. And it will drive my code-x perfectly :wink: and no cheap lighweighted aluminium inside or outside..and dont forget..it only has one input (usb) ..just to make everything inside more 'simple' and so with minimal interferences in the signal...i wanted the purest signal from input to output...thats why i dont have an on-off switch also..and its balanced.

Just.Look at the pics (especially the external power supply..lolz) i posted here and u will see why its a eenie weenie more heavy then ur regular headphone amp...
And i wont ever tell u guys what i had to pay as total for postage, custom costs and taxes..as u guys will pass out then..it will be my little secret :cool:

And yep 44lbs is 20kg..lolz

Mar 7, 2014 at 7:31 PM Post #12,943 of 20,386
Nope..no stereo amp..just something i have been waiting for since june 2013.. And it will drive my code-x perfectly
wink.gif
and no cheap lighweighted aluminium inside or outside..and dont forget..it only has one input (usb) ..just to make everything inside more 'simple' and so with minimal interferences in the signal...i wanted the purest signal from input to output...thats why i dont have an on-off switch also..and its balanced.

Just.Look at the pics (especially the external power supply..lolz) i posted here and u will see why its a eenie weenie more heavy then ur regular headphone amp...
And i wont ever tell u guys what i had to pay as total for postage, custom costs and taxes..as u guys will pass out then..it will be my little secret
cool.gif

And yep 44lbs is 20kg..lolz

You wanted only USB and not Optical? If I only had one I'd want spdif to feed the DAC chip directly instead of going through an interface, and optical seems to always have less jitter.

Mar 7, 2014 at 8:04 PM Post #12,944 of 20,386
 You wanted only USB and not Optical? If I only had one I'd want spdif to feed the DAC chip directly instead of going through an interface, and optical seems to always have less jitter.

my laptop doesnt have optical out....thats the only reason..and it saved me money in not including more signal paths then neccesary..thats all and i have one important rule in my life: 'LESS IS MORE'

and another thing my friends..from now on no news anymore on this thread about my amp anymore... as its not the right thread to post about that in more detail..as no one ever will buy a BC amp for their HE500 (i wouldnt either to be honest as its a bit overkill for that phone.).

at a certain moment when my amp is burned in i will post a review about my new amp together with all i bought in 2013 headphone audio wise..being cables, the code-x and the amp with extra's (and i hope i can get my new rack also one day soon..but thats for later)...and with that i say farewell.... its not my place anymore here... if u want news...find me..i will be floating around here on headfi and other forums.. :wink:
wish u well...Hifi out :wink:
am going to bed now...04:15..need to rest...later at 13:30 d-day for me... :wink:

Mar 7, 2014 at 10:45 PM Post #12,945 of 20,386
I am in the same boat as Rookie. My new toy came today. DAC + Headphone amp = solved. Speakers almost done. Then get off head-fi. 
beerchug.gif

Only thing I still need head-fi is for a Fostex. After that, away from all temptation 
biggrin.gif

Rookie, I expect some pictures at the very least!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back