HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening.
Jan 17, 2014 at 10:49 PM Post #11,086 of 20,386
  What does the Code-X sound like? I've never heard of these headphones until now, and I've visited reference sounds plenty of times for paradox info.

according to Hifimanrookie, it's wonderful as on the same wonderful level as his ex-337.  
tongue.gif
 I do believe him in this case though cuz we share the common HE500.

Jan 18, 2014 at 1:02 AM Post #11,088 of 20,386
  You better cut down on the Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters.

The Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster is an alcoholic beverage invented by ex-President of the Universe Zaphod Beeblebrox, considered by the Guide to be the "Best Drink in Existence"[1]. Its effects are similar to having your brains smashed in by a slice of lemon wrapped round a large gold brick.

Me Likey
devil_face.gif

Jan 18, 2014 at 1:24 AM Post #11,089 of 20,386
  You guys are such mod amateurs.

Professionals like me take out the HE-500 driver all together and throw away the uselss pads, grills, cups and headband and then mount the planar driver directly onto the ears. I've soldered them to my ears now. There was a little bleeding, but the sound is well worth it. It sounds way more open now.

I also keep my head inside a drawer to prevent dusting, but it's hard to close the drawer all the way because of my neck.

Ha.Can't.Breathe.Laughing too hard.

Jan 18, 2014 at 1:40 AM Post #11,090 of 20,386
I think someone dusted M-13's nose.  Probably M-13.

Now, can you please use that Transwarp schiit, travel to the future and bring me back the Jade V and the HE-2112.  Thanks.

Jan 18, 2014 at 5:35 AM Post #11,091 of 20,386
  You guys are such mod amateurs.

Professionals like me take out the HE-500 driver all together and throw away the uselss pads, grills, cups and headband and then mount the planar driver directly onto the ears. I've soldered them to my ears now. There was a little bleeding, but the sound is well worth it. It sounds way more open now.

I also keep my head inside a drawer to prevent dusting, but it's hard to close the drawer all the way because of my neck.

LOL, HAHA! ............ phew, almost snorted my coffee over my keyboard there! You are giving me some real good ideas for a mod with my B&W MM-1 speakers soon to be ear speakers.....

Jan 18, 2014 at 8:25 AM Post #11,092 of 20,386
  The Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster is an alcoholic beverage invented by ex-President of the Universe Zaphod Beeblebrox, considered by the Guide to be the "Best Drink in Existence"[1]. Its effects are similar to having your brains smashed in by a slice of lemon wrapped round a large gold brick.

Me Likey
devil_face.gif

Did you hear? Marvin the Paranoid Android finally found the perfect job, he got a gig at Google. He's writing new USB Audio drivers for cellphones and tablets.

Jan 18, 2014 at 10:04 AM Post #11,093 of 20,386
Relating to my previous posts, I've now noticed that having dust on the drivers can prove to be a very big problem; since the dust particles can generate unwanted vibrations through a headphone driver and mess up the dynamics (I had absolutely no idea). As for the grill felt that I removed; they have been teared beyond recognition and I've lost them. Dust wouldn't really matter if it were a conventional cone driver, but with ortho-dynamics I'd imagine the dust accumulation could get a lot worst. Currently I have no decent drawers to put these headphones in (my computer desk has no drawers, and the rest are in the kitchen).  Do I have to move to Antarctica, or blow on them gently before going to bed every night? No, but seriously speaking will there be any actual problems, and are there any solutions to removing the dust from the drivers without damaging the headphones, or am I just thinking too much? 

Jan 18, 2014 at 11:45 AM Post #11,094 of 20,386
Relating to my previous posts, I've now noticed that having dust on the drivers can prove to be a very big problem; since the dust particles can generate unwanted vibrations through a headphone driver and mess up the dynamics (I had absolutely no idea). As for the grill felt that I removed; they have been teared beyond recognition and I've lost them. Dust wouldn't really matter if it were a conventional cone driver, but with ortho-dynamics I'd imagine the dust accumulation could get a lot worst. Currently I have no decent drawers to put these headphones in (my computer desk has no drawers, and the rest are in the kitchen).  Do I have to move to Antarctica, or blow on them gently before going to bed every night? No, but seriously speaking will there be any actual problems, and are there any solutions to removing the dust from the drivers without damaging the headphones, or am I just thinking too much? 

Simple solution..and u have it by hand every day when u go groceries shopping: clean plastic bag!!! Just put the he500 in after every use and u can put them virtually everwhere! It wont cost ya a dime..and brushing ur hair (if u have many) short before listening helps a lot (dont forget to clean off ur shirt after brushing..lolz)..as there is one thing worse for the drivers then dust..thats hair!

Jan 18, 2014 at 2:00 PM Post #11,095 of 20,386
Seriously, they aren't electrostats. I don't think a little dust would hurt (says the one that melted holes in his diaphragms :p)

Jan 19, 2014 at 3:33 AM Post #11,096 of 20,386
An anti-static bag would be better. Normal plastic bags can be dust magnets. I wonder whether blowing them lightly with compressed air would be dangerous for the diaphragms? But that could be a sure fire way to clean out all the dust before using them. Dust shouldn't be dangerous on orthos, except if there is a build-up. Electrostats are dangerous because the dust can cause a short.

Jan 19, 2014 at 11:14 AM Post #11,097 of 20,386
Has anyone tried to add Hifiman drivers to Audeze headphones? Wonder how that will sound.

Jan 19, 2014 at 11:16 AM Post #11,098 of 20,386
  An anti-static bag would be better. Normal plastic bags can be dust magnets. I wonder whether blowing them lightly with compressed air would be dangerous for the diaphragms? But that could be a sure fire way to clean out all the dust before using them. Dust shouldn't be dangerous on orthos, except if there is a build-up. Electrostats are dangerous because the dust can cause a short.

I was thinking about compressed air, and the obvious danger is to the diaphragms.  Maybe short bursts at an angle, or angles (moving around the circle), with a vacuum cleaner with hose+nozzle attachment positioned close to draw the dust out.  Definitely wouldn't risk using strong suction directly on them.  Sounds complicated, but how often is one really going to do it.

re: plastic bags, I think I'll make a HP cozy, you know, like a tea cozy, but out of the appropriate material.  The Cans Cozy 
wink.gif

Jan 19, 2014 at 11:19 AM Post #11,099 of 20,386
Has anyone tried to add Hifiman drivers to Audeze headphones? Wonder how that will sound.

A frankenstein headphone! AudeMan? Hifi-deze? I doubt anyone wanna kill two excellent phones to make such a phone.. :xf_eek:

@thurstonx. .. Heaphone cozy? Lolz..i saw ur pics...But i would prefer from a pleather kind of material would be perfect :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back