HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening.
Dec 30, 2013 at 8:32 PM Post #10,396 of 20,386
U reckon?
biggrin.gif
Shal i tell u a secret? I asked the builder to keep the on-off switch out! As i read his builts based on opamps sound on its best being always on... And thats what we all want right? Best sound possible for our budget...whether emotiva, lyr, little dot, darkvoice or blue circle audio or any other brand we use with our phones....we all want the same..

Does it come with a windmill and generator?

Dec 30, 2013 at 8:35 PM Post #10,397 of 20,386
  Does it come with a windmill and generator?

No, but I think one of the options is a built in vibrator... I meant "massager"  
biggrin.gif

Dec 30, 2013 at 11:15 PM Post #10,399 of 20,386
  From the looks of it, you can ride it like a bull and it has a heated saddle. I supose it can easily drive an HE-6. 
eek.gif

I'm pretty sure it can drive his Hummer....

I meant his CAR!  
wink.gif

Dec 30, 2013 at 11:22 PM Post #10,400 of 20,386
  From the looks of it, you can ride it like a bull and it has a heated saddle. I supose it can easily drive an HE-6. 
eek.gif

I'm pretty sure it can drive his Hummer....

I meant his CAR!  
wink.gif

Are you implying that his amp is battery operated? 
eek.gif

Dec 31, 2013 at 12:39 AM Post #10,402 of 20,386
Originally Posted by StanD 

I'll need more than one extra serving of Ras Malai to compensate. 
evil_smiley.gif

Originally Posted by kothganesh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Haha...and serve it (them) chilled, mate !

Along with a Vodka Lassi. A few of those and all headphones begin to sound the same. 
happy_face1.gif

Dec 31, 2013 at 4:44 AM Post #10,405 of 20,386
From the looks of it, you can ride it like a bull and it has a heated saddle. I supose it can easily drive an HE-6. :eek:

Lolz..u guys are crazy :D

But as i said before... The solely reason of existence of this amp is to drive a he6 the best way possible..in any way!..not just in the powerdepartment...
Its been designed and is being built solely for that... Critical Parts of it is taken directly 1on1 from their TOTL speaker amp, the NSL... The Main amplifier board is actually a NSL board!
Funny is that my amp is upgraded twice already since he started the built (didnt need to pay anything extra!). AS the power he wanted couldnt be reached by the original transformer and powersupply (it maxed out on 4,25w into 8ohm, he told me) so he came up with the monster of the pics i just posted..

the builder,gilbert, even stated to me in a mail that my particular amp is his personal petproject...no one of the production department touches it! So i am guessing he uses my amp to make it the best he can (i told him i am going to visit audio meetings with it through europe with my code-x and i gave him carte-blanche to do whatever he thinks is best) so maybe that helped to make him more inspirational? :wink: ) and experiment with new things..i dont mind..as i dont need to pay any extra when he comes across another upgrade to put in my amp of which he thinks makes the amp better.. :wink:

No not battery operated... But he told me that its no problem to modify it to do so..i just have to sent the powersupply back...he did it many times now..i just need to pay and its done..but for now i dont see the profit from it...but u never know..as he even is working on possibilities to drive an amp on solar power and car batteries...he already made couple of amps being powered by some kind of cells instead of the wallsocket...
That guy is really a genius and completely nuts..he doesnt believe in standard....just my type of guy i could call my friend :wink:

Dec 31, 2013 at 5:54 AM Post #10,406 of 20,386
If there's a nuclear explosion in the Netherlands, I know exactly who to blame hifimanrookie.

Dec 31, 2013 at 6:07 AM Post #10,407 of 20,386
If there's a nuclear explosion in the Netherlands, I know exactly who to blame hifimanrookie.

Lolz..
U wont have any proof mr. Hehehehe but dont forget..BC is in canada..so its more likely the nuclear winter will start more closer to ur doorstep..as he tests his new babies out rigourelesy on his work bench..so if u wake up without any hair one day.BIG OOPSIE...u know.... It wasnt me! :wink:
Happy new year for later my friend!

Dec 31, 2013 at 9:32 AM Post #10,408 of 20,386
Lolz..
U wont have any proof mr. Hehehehe but dont forget..BC is in canada..so its more likely the nuclear winter will start more closer to ur doorstep..as he tests his new babies out rigourelesy on his work bench..so if u wake up without any hair one day.BIG OOPSIE...u know.... It wasnt me!
wink.gif

Happy new year for later my friend!

Car batteries aren't exactly portable, unless you can crush a volkswagon with one hand. How many tubes in that beast?

Dec 31, 2013 at 10:09 AM Post #10,409 of 20,386
Unless i am superman i am guessing my amp is far from portable.. :D
Concerning tubes.. no tubes..only opamps...check my first pic of the main amp board..and the pics of the powersupply..
But it will sound nothing like a ss amp..check it uself if u google for blue circle audio NSL amp reviews.. mine has the internals of that beast..only in light version lolz the builder confirmed me it will sound like a NSL..only for headphones instead of speakers

Dec 31, 2013 at 10:24 AM Post #10,410 of 20,386
Unless i am superman i am guessing my amp is far from portable..
biggrin.gif

Concerning tubes.. no tubes..only opamps...check my first pic of the main amp board..and the pics of the powersupply..
But it will sound nothing like a ss amp..check it uself if u google for blue circle audio NSL amp reviews.. mine has the internals of that beast..only in light version lolz the builder confirmed me it will sound like a NSL..only for headphones instead of speakers

I just went back and looked at the pictures, lots of opamps. The tube contingent of Head-Fi won't approve, I do. Just be careful of noise when you have that many opamps. I hope that it does what you expect, you must be waiting at the edge of your seat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back