HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening.
Dec 24, 2013 at 11:04 AM Post #10,111 of 20,386
  I hate choosing. So I went to Marktplaats (Dutch Ebay pretty much) and wrote some people selling their closed cans. From Aiaiai to AKG K545; I wrote everybody with an offer. First one to accept my offer I take. That way I don't have to browse Head-Fi for three days untill I make up my mind, lol. 

Portability would be a plus though. I'm in the train every once in a whole. 

Well, with that strategy I feel perfectly justified in saying, Good LUCK!
Hope you get one you like 
smile.gif

Dec 24, 2013 at 11:46 AM Post #10,114 of 20,386
  I hate choosing. So I went to Marktplaats (Dutch Ebay pretty much) and wrote some people selling their closed cans. From Aiaiai to AKG K545; I wrote everybody with an offer. First one to accept my offer I take. That way I don't have to browse Head-Fi for three days untill I make up my mind, lol. 

Portability would be a plus though. I'm in the train every once in a whole. 

what's your budget? akg k545 on sale at razerdogaudio for $200 and shipping to holland (is that even a real place 
tongue.gif
) is $44. prices in USD.

Dec 24, 2013 at 12:10 PM Post #10,117 of 20,386
I tried the k550 yesterday couldn't get anything like a proper seal. They had great kick ass precise bass when pressed ever so slightly closer to my ears. Else they sounded tinny and lacking in bass

Dec 24, 2013 at 1:02 PM Post #10,123 of 20,386
  I am having trouble linking things, but search ~~ How To Build One Of The World's Finest Dynamic Headphones.

Found it, but that mod is undoable for me. I'm even selling my custom made wooden cups made by Munkynutz for the HE-500 because I'm afraid of the doing the mod (if anybody wants them, selling them at cost). 

I got two left hands and I'm afraid I'll break my stuff 
deadhorse.gif

Dec 24, 2013 at 1:44 PM Post #10,124 of 20,386
Found it, but that mod is undoable for me. I'm even selling my custom made wooden cups made by Munkynutz for the HE-500 because I'm afraid of the doing the mod (if anybody wants them, selling them at cost). 

I got two left hands and I'm afraid I'll break my stuff :deadhorse:
Wood cups on the 500s? I couldn't begin to imagine what impact that would have on the sound. Anybody done this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back