HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening.
Dec 5, 2013 at 12:00 PM Post #9,692 of 20,386
Ah, I like hifimanrookie, he is a good guy. It just irks him that I like the Lyr more then the 337se with the HE-500. All in good fun.

Yess i hate u.because of that...lolz..kidding...in all honesty I am not using it anymore..its all wrapped in and.its for sale now..am now waiting for something completely different....am going SOlid state now.. Oh the horror :D

A friend of mine just bought a lyr with amperex orange tubes in it..and i congratulated him..am happy for him..he is on a budget..and in that case the lyr is in my eyes one of the best choices for the price..but i warned him also about the tuberollitus..a very deadly desease..heheheeh
But still...i believe that power isnt everything... Its more about control and quality... Look at those wonderfull quality vintage amps..they sound heavenly..but do weigh a ton..if u look inside u know why... :wink:

Dec 5, 2013 at 1:05 PM Post #9,693 of 20,386
Does the Lyr use a wall wart? My Magni did what appeared to be dying and it was the wall wart, which Jason said was common. Worth a try.

No, it's just a normal power cable to the internal power supply.

Dec 5, 2013 at 2:54 PM Post #9,694 of 20,386
Yess i hate u.because of that...lolz..kidding...in all honesty I am not using it anymore..its all wrapped in and.its for sale now..am now waiting for something completely different....am going SOlid state now.. Oh the horror
biggrin.gif

A friend of mine just bought a lyr with amperex orange tubes in it..and i congratulated him..am happy for him..he is on a budget..and in that case the lyr is in my eyes one of the best choices for the price..but i warned him also about the tuberollitus..a very deadly desease..heheheeh
But still...i believe that power isnt everything... Its more about control and quality... Look at those wonderfull quality vintage amps..they sound heavenly..but do weigh a ton..if u look inside u know why...
wink.gif

I am also on a budget.  That's why I bought the Emotiva and the Woo WA22 so I could experience both ends of the budget spectrum.  
biggrin.gif
  It's all good guys!  Xmas is coming for a lot of us.

Dec 5, 2013 at 3:06 PM Post #9,695 of 20,386
Yess i hate u.because of that...lolz..kidding...in all honesty I am not using it anymore..its all wrapped in and.its for sale now..am now waiting for something completely different....am going SOlid state now.. Oh the horror
biggrin.gif

But still...i believe that power isnt everything... Its more about control and quality... Look at those wonderfull quality vintage amps..they sound heavenly..but do weigh a ton..if u look inside u know why...
wink.gif

I thought you were getting a Crack, what happened to that? 

(which by the way is a "budget" amp)

...that you would be pairing with those world class CodeXs...so I dont see why you were lashing out against budget minded posts here in the HE-500 thread.  You should either get the audio-gd Master-2 monoblock and Master-7 DAC combo or the WA22/Master-7 combo to really get the most out of the those CodeX's =p  </joke trolling>

Dec 5, 2013 at 3:27 PM Post #9,696 of 20,386
Let's talk heavy......................my Pioneer Spec 2 amp is 56 lbs! 
eek.gif

Some of the guys on the vintage thread talk about their SX1980 weighing like 80 lbs......................yikes.

Dec 5, 2013 at 3:32 PM Post #9,697 of 20,386
  Let's talk heavy......................my Pioneer Spec 2 amp is 56 lbs! 
eek.gif

Some of the guys on the vintage thread talk about their SX1980 weighing like 80 lbs......................yikes.

My Yamaha A-S2000 weighs in at 50lbs. lol. It's not even that tall, but it's jam-packed with heatsinking and a bulky transformer :)

Dec 5, 2013 at 3:33 PM Post #9,698 of 20,386

...that you would be pairing with those world class CodeXs...so I dont see why you were lashing out against budget minded posts here in the HE-500 thread.  You should either get the audio-gd Master-2 monoblock and Master-7 DAC combo or the WA22/Master-7 combo to really get the most out of the those CodeX's =p  </joke trolling>

He is getting a custom made amp/dac which cost about the same as my car.
deadhorse.gif

Dec 5, 2013 at 3:48 PM Post #9,701 of 20,386

...that you would be pairing with those world class CodeXs...so I dont see why you were lashing out against budget minded posts here in the HE-500 thread.  You should either get the audio-gd Master-2 monoblock and Master-7 DAC combo or the WA22/Master-7 combo to really get the most out of the those CodeX's =p 

Dear friend..am not lashing to anybody...i just believe in investing in ur rig to get the best out of ur headphone...its my opinion...i respect others opinions ofcourse..

Let me shine a light on what textfeud meant..(nice car u drive by the way..a classic porsche..is that one with an engine with aircooling?)..

But first of all..
I think ur mistaken with koiloco..he had a crack... I never wanted a bottlehead crack..i did once say it was a good amp..thats correct!

I from the start wanted something really special and unique to upgrade from my heavily modified and very special 337.. As i once said..i heard lots of amps..and not many was better then that amp..so i wanted best of the best in my budget..so i contacted gilbert from blue circle audio... And he designed me an amp capable to drive a he6 easily (i was planning to buy a he6 next year..but the code-x was a deal i couldnt resist) my new amp is a headphone version of their almost 20.000usd worth of NSL speaker amp.(check for info on google).. Its custommade made with the best components u can get..completely opamps based and pumpin out at least 5watts into 50ohm through its dual xlr 3pin plugs..its a balanced design..
So no crack for me.. Blue circle audio..it will be my endgame amp. And am sure it will be a pair in heaven with the code-x..

any idea when u get urs?

Dec 5, 2013 at 3:54 PM Post #9,702 of 20,386
Let me shine a light on what textfreud meant..first of all..
I think ur mistaken with koiloco..he had a crack... I never wanted a bottlehead crack..i did once say it was a good amp..thats correct!

I from the start wanted something really special and unique to upgrade from my heavily modified and very special 337.. As i once said..i heard lots of amps..and not many was better then that amp..so i wanted best of the best in my budget..so i contacted gilbert from blue circle audio... And he designed me an amp capable to drive a he6 easily (i was planning to buy a he6 next year..but the code-x was a deal i couldnt resist) my new amp is a headphone version of their almost 20.000usd worth of NSL speaker amp.(check for info on google).. Its custommade made with the best components u can get..completely opamps based and pumpin out at least 5watts into 50ohm through its dual xlr 3pin plugs..its a balanced design..
So no crack for me.. Blue circle audio..it will be my endgame amp. And am sure it will be a pair in heaven with the code-x..

any idea when u get urs?

I don't do crack.  That's really bad stuff for you. 
biggrin.gif

Dec 5, 2013 at 4:08 PM Post #9,705 of 20,386

Users who are viewing this thread

Back