HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening.
Nov 17, 2013 at 3:40 AM Post #9,318 of 20,386
 Finally... I just make my he500 sings.
 It certainly stands up to my Hd600 & my Hd800 now.
 My first impression are  excellent soundstage &  pin point imaging..
 i can't believe i am dancing when listening to this cans 
 it just let me forget of details but just enjoy music to the fullest with my emotion.

atsmile.gif
The lyr sure have enough juice to kick butt on this can

Nov 17, 2013 at 12:03 PM Post #9,320 of 20,386
Listen to M83 - Oblivion (feat. Susanne Sundfør) and jizz all over your amplifier, headphones, keyboard ect.
FLAC ofcourse. And turn that **** the **** up. 

Nov 17, 2013 at 12:35 PM Post #9,321 of 20,386
  Listen to M83 - Oblivion (feat. Susanne Sundfør) and jizz all over your amplifier, headphones, keyboard ect.
FLAC ofcourse. And turn that **** the **** up. 

Darn good album, thanks! 
L3000.gif

Nov 17, 2013 at 1:51 PM Post #9,323 of 20,386
Unless the HD650 is balanced (the only way I can tolerate it) it can't stand near the HE-500, IMO. Even with the 650 balanced the HE-500 is better. 

Nov 17, 2013 at 1:58 PM Post #9,324 of 20,386
  Unless the HD650 is balanced (the only way I can tolerate it) it can't stand near the HE-500, IMO. Even with the 650 balanced the HE-500 is better. 

HE-500 is ******* amazing, I love the deep bass, I equalize it a little bit, but not much, I am kind of a bass-head, and the HE-500 isn't known for being "friendly" for bass heads but I think it's amazing, It's just perfect for me currently. Although I just ordered the Fostex TH-600 so it will be fun to try that out when it comes. I've always wished to get my hands on a D7000, and I know for a fact that TH-600 is basically the D7000 just better (atleast after a guy I know, probably placebo, rofl). But yeah, I am set, I am ******* set when I have the TH-600. I will NEVER sell my HE-500, these ****ers I will keep. The only thing I probably will sell or upgrade is the WA6-SE, eventually I will probably go for something a bit more high-end. I want to try out something that doesn't have tubes, but seriously, tubes are fun, WA6-SE itself is amazing because of the tube rolling you can do with it. This month I jumped straight into the deep waters, lucky for me I had a couple of crazy ****ers who spend way too much money on stereo in general to help me out :p And I do not regret a second, the HE-500 is amazing and so far I am very happy, can't wait to test out the TH-600 though. I got to say, the WA6-SE is kickass, it runs the HE-500 perfectly.
No matter who you are, you should give the HE-500 a chance.

Nov 17, 2013 at 2:01 PM Post #9,325 of 20,386
  HE-500 is ******* amazing, I love the deep bass, I equalize it a little bit, but not much, I am kind of a bass-head, and the HE-500 isn't known for being "friendly" for bass heads but I think it's amazing, It's just perfect for me currently. Although I just ordered the Fostex TH-600 so it will be fun to try that out when it comes. I've always wished to get my hands on a D7000, and I know for a fact that TH-600 is basically the D7000 just better (atleast after a guy I know, probably placebo, rofl). But yeah, I am set, I am ******* set when I have the TH-600. I will NEVER sell my HE-500, these ****ers I will keep. The only thing I probably will sell or upgrade is the WA6-SE, eventually I will probably go for something a bit more high-end. I want to try out something that doesn't have tubes, but seriously, tubes are fun, WA6-SE itself is amazing because of the tube rolling you can do with it. This month I jumped straight into the deep waters, lucky for me I had a couple of crazy ****ers who spend way too much money on stereo in general to help me out :p And I do not regret a second, the HE-500 is amazing and so far I am very happy, can't wait to test out the TH-600 though. I got to say, the WA6-SE is kickass, it runs the HE-500 perfectly.

I can tell how much you love the HE500 by counting the F's in your post.  
beerchug.gif

The WA6SE is already one of the best tube amps that could drive the HE500 well.  IMO, it could be better with HE500 than my WA22 if I don't run the WA22 balanced.  Solid state will give a few more options but very expensive for really not much improvements.  I do love the HE500 on a liquid gold amp but at $6400 it makes no sense sonically or financially for me unless i win the lotto.

Nov 17, 2013 at 2:03 PM Post #9,326 of 20,386
  I can tell how much you love the HE500 by counting the F's in your post.  
beerchug.gif

Haha, oh yes man, I do love them.

I see you got the Q 701, I tried them, sound-wise they were great but unfortunately that headband didn't work for me, It felt like someone was lobotomizing me after using them for a couple of hours. A shame really, I could have probably tried to replace the headband but I didn't bother, I got them cheap, brand new, sold them for the same price I paid for them. But yeah, HE-500 forever :D Hehe.

Oh, and here you go. A little picture for you :D

Nov 17, 2013 at 2:09 PM Post #9,327 of 20,386

500+600 is an awesome combo, congrats.

Nov 17, 2013 at 2:14 PM Post #9,328 of 20,386
  Haha, oh yes man, I do love them.

I see you got the Q 701, I tried them, sound-wise they were great but unfortunately that headband didn't work for me, It felt like someone was lobotomizing me after using them for a couple of hours. A shame really, I could have probably tried to replace the headband but I didn't bother, I got them cheap, brand new, sold them for the same price I paid for them. But yeah, HE-500 forever :D Hehe.

Oh, and here you go. A little picture for you :D

Nice pic!
about Q701, I head to cut off those bumps on the head band.  I recently did the bass port mod on it.  It sounds much better to my ears now.  I've been comparing it to HD800 for 2 weeks and has found the modded Q701 quite comparable in SQ, though not the same level.

Nov 17, 2013 at 2:49 PM Post #9,329 of 20,386
Another amazing track with these headphones is:

Pendulum - Set Me On Fire

FLAC ofcourse!

You will hear the insanely deep bass extension with this track!

It'll feel like the HE-500s are making love to you!

Nov 17, 2013 at 11:44 PM Post #9,330 of 20,386
...definitely not something I want to experience

Users who are viewing this thread

Back