HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening.
Nov 6, 2013 at 6:14 PM Post #9,136 of 20,386

Wait, so have you heard it with the HE-500? I'm going to be using the balanced out with that as my all in one DAC/Headphone Amp to hopefully replace my HA-160DS.

Yeah, I own both the DA8 and HE-500. What amp are you getting?

Nov 6, 2013 at 7:17 PM Post #9,137 of 20,386
Yeah, I own both the DA8 and HE-500. What amp are you getting?

I'm going to use the DA8's built in amplifier until I get the flagship Little Dot or some other tube amp.

Nov 6, 2013 at 7:27 PM Post #9,138 of 20,386
In before Hifimanrookie says 337 is the best tube amp for HE-500
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

Nov 6, 2013 at 8:05 PM Post #9,139 of 20,386
I'm going to use the DA8's built in amplifier until I get the flagship Little Dot or some other tube amp.

Nothing wrong with their totl products, but don't be swayed from using the RCA outs. They are identical sounding to the XLR outs. This opens up a world of speaker amp options for you.

In before Hifimanrookie says 337 is the best tube amp for HE-500
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

LMAO, talk about 
deadhorse.gif

No offense Hifimanrookie, but it's ok not to mention it every other post. I'm sure it's a great amp 
tongue.gif

Nov 6, 2013 at 8:11 PM Post #9,140 of 20,386
  Nothing wrong with their totl products, but don't be swayed from using the RCA outs. They are identical sounding to the XLR outs. This opens up a world of speaker amp options for you.

LMAO, talk about 
deadhorse.gif

No offense Hifimanrookie, but it's ok not to mention it every other post. I'm sure it's a great amp 
tongue.gif

What do you reccomend for a tube amp with the DA8 then? I'm trying to maximize the HE-500 performance with a $1000-1500 tube amp.

Nov 6, 2013 at 8:49 PM Post #9,142 of 20,386

What do you reccomend for a tube amp with the DA8 then? I'm trying to maximize the HE-500 performance with a $1000-1500 tube amp.

That's a good question. I think Dubstep Girl would be able to give you a more informed recommendation than I can. For a tube speaker amp, you will need some resistors attached to the binding posts to protect the transformers, or just buy the HE-Adapter box. With that said, i think a KT88 or EL34 integrated would be pretty damn good for your price range in regards to the HE-500.

Nov 6, 2013 at 10:11 PM Post #9,144 of 20,386
Why is it that even if i dont talk about it u guys talk about that amp..heheheh

well..i invited texfeud to listen to my amp on my he500 jergulor if he wants.

. If he is going to like it or not..i dont know...thats always personal.. But it will for sure sound different then the rig based around the soloist SL that he is buying.

But he didnt accepted it yet..something about being afraid that if it is better that he then maybe wont like his new rig anymore..

thats bollocks ofcourse i told him..until now i listened to much better amps then mine (to my ears ofcourse) but i still love my 337 (is again on sale guys!)..
And If he does want to do a listening session i will ask him to be honest and ask him if he wants to post about his impressions...no comparisions..just impressions..

So i hope he accepts..even if its to show a fellow headfi'er am not totally nuts.. :D

And for the record: i never said its THE best amp for the he500.. But it IS a hidden gem (when paired with the he500 and hd650) pityful almost no one believes (or even listened to one) how good it really is for its price...or even bothers to listen to one...

And another thing...certain people here always say i talk a lot about that amp...well have u checked the shiit cult here? Audio gd?...or even worse..emotiva? if u check how many times those amps are mentioned and said that those are wonderful (or best for their money worth) , then the amount of my postings about that amp is peanuts!

Just wanted to clear that up so u think about that before ur talking ABOUT ME with funny avatars and **** And giving me advice how i have to post or more specific: NOT TO POST..ru listening to urselves? Do u see me post those kind of things/advices to others?

Come on guys... We are grownups... Well..i have to say that i have my doubts about certain people here about that last thing.
U miss out if u dont even try to understand that that amp could be very very very good compared to the brands i just mentioned... I really hope texfeud has the balls to visit me to listen to my amp... :wink: but i doubt it will change anything..

Am really fed up with this... I have daily conact with sometimes the most ****ed sales people u can imagine..but i never get irritated like i always get as here.. Especially those advices about posting annoys me lately.. I will only take advice in posting from the moderators.. Lets that be clear to u all..
And wish u well..
This was totally oftpic and i dont care... I am gone... Find urselves another hate amp to kick against..
I am so dissapointed ..

And texfeud... My invitation stands even if i wont show my face here anymore.... I dare u! U know here to find me on pm... I wish u well.
Paulo

Nov 6, 2013 at 10:34 PM Post #9,146 of 20,386
  Hi, need advice regarding replacing pads on the HE-500 I'm considering the "Alpha Pads" but I have never changed pads on any of my headphones. Need technical guidance in executing modification.

Contact @jerg 

Nov 6, 2013 at 10:46 PM Post #9,147 of 20,386
Nov 6, 2013 at 10:49 PM Post #9,148 of 20,386
Nov 6, 2013 at 11:37 PM Post #9,149 of 20,386

I own a few tube amps, the 337SE ,Lyr ,EF-5  and a couple of budget amps (Bellari and etc.)

I just picked up a Fosgate Signature Series amp. An amp that does not seem to get much notice on here, but it is absolutely the best sound I have heard to date. I bought it to pair with the HD800(perfect synergy) , but it sounds fantastic with everything I have tried it with.  It is right in the mentioned budget.

Nov 7, 2013 at 12:07 AM Post #9,150 of 20,386
  I own a few tube amps, the 337SE ,Lyr ,EF-5  and a couple of budget amps (Bellari and etc.)

I just picked up a Fosgate Signature Series amp. An amp that does not seem to get much notice on here, but it is absolutely the best sound I have heard to date. I bought it to pair with the HD800(perfect synergy) , but it sounds fantastic with everything I have tried it with.  It is right in the mentioned budget.

It's funny, because I literally sent an email to them about an hour ago asking about it...a bit creepy. I was intrigued by how beautiful that amp was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back