HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening.
Jan 17, 2013 at 5:55 PM Post #2,611 of 20,386
Quote:
You made holes in the pleather pads and used the duct tape for something

You're getting it. Ha.

I'll have a pretty long writeup ready for post once I get home.

Quote:
You cut your ears with sharp scissors and duck taped the cups directly on your cranium!

Nope not it, but sounds like jolly good fun.

Jan 17, 2013 at 6:23 PM Post #2,612 of 20,386
Jan 17, 2013 at 6:29 PM Post #2,613 of 20,386
is the opening in those J$ pads wider at one end?  the picture kinda looks like that.  I'm guessing you just poked the holes in the rim of the pleathers and used duct tape to kind of pinch in one end of the pad...

Jan 17, 2013 at 7:07 PM Post #2,614 of 20,386
Quote:
is the opening in those J$ pads wider at one end?  the picture kinda looks like that.  I'm guessing you just poked the holes in the rim of the pleathers and used duct tape to kind of pinch in one end of the pad...

Uh that's not what I did. Not sure what you're describing.

Anyway, change of plans at work, I now have to stay until midnight to finish up today's work, so the guide thread will be postponed unfortunately 
mad.gif

Jan 17, 2013 at 7:09 PM Post #2,615 of 20,386
Uh that's not what I did. Not sure what you're describing.

Anyway, change of plans at work, I now have to stay until midnight to finish up today's work, so the guide thread will be postponed unfortunately 
mad.gif

Nooooooooooooo :D

Jan 17, 2013 at 10:18 PM Post #2,617 of 20,386
Probably used the duct tape to strenghten the side of the velour pad that faces the driver and then cut a number of small holes like in the J$ pad

Jan 17, 2013 at 11:32 PM Post #2,618 of 20,386
Back home finally, and cranking out the guide! It'll be up very very shortly. Just gotta do some photo editing and text formatting.

Be sure to read it, comment on it, bump it, let all other HE500 owners know about it! I'm listening to the HE500 with these pads now again just as I got home and started finishing up the guide, and this is perfection. No HE500 owner should be left out (unless they are too clumsy to do any fine modding lol).

Jan 20, 2013 at 2:27 AM Post #2,621 of 20,386
Quote:
Hey, my cable for my HE-500s just broke. Does anyone have any feedback on the sound of the 500s with the 400 cable? Not looking to spend much on a cable at all, I feel sick thinking of spending $100 on a replacement. 

I'm guessing that unless you have 2 pairs of headphones with the different cables to switch back and forth, you won't notice any difference.

Jan 20, 2013 at 5:37 AM Post #2,622 of 20,386
I'm guessing that unless you have 2 pairs of headphones with the different cables to switch back and forth, you won't notice any difference.

Depends..my he300 came with the copper canare cable..my he500 with the silver cable..so yeah..they sounded different :D

Jan 20, 2013 at 7:23 AM Post #2,625 of 20,386
Which sounds better

Well its all personal ofcourse..i liked the darker fuller sound of the canare more then the more analictic airy sound with lack ofpunchy bass of the silver..but then again..i went after burnin in the cans immediately to a far better quality aftermarket DHC copper cable. :D

by the way am going to put it on sale soon for a sweet price as i now have an even better cable.. :D i also have a custommade by DHC rca cable with the same wire for sale! These two cables were perfect for my rig..okay until i now have a new and better pair :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back