HIFIMAN HE-400i touring event is coming.
Aug 5, 2014 at 10:21 PM Post #16 of 97
I would like to apply for this demo.  I'm in Southern California. 

Headphones:
Sennheiser HD600/650/800
Hifiman HE500

DAC:
Schiit Bifrost (Uber Analog)

Amps:
Schiit Lyr
Bottlehead Crack
Marantz 2270

Music Preference:
Rock
Punk
Surf Music
Some Country
Classical
Pop
Jazz

I'd like to participate because I enjoy listening to music through headphones and trying out new pairs. 

Thank you for your consideration.

Aug 5, 2014 at 10:50 PM Post #17 of 97
This demo sounds awesome. I've been thinking about getting the HE-560 for a long time and this would help me a lot. I am part time violist and sometimes record myself in my home studio. I also listen to classical music (duh), pop, and movie soundtracks. This opportunity would not only allow for me to experience Orthodynamic headphones but also to show my coworkers what a Chinese company can do with high fidelity.

I use the AKG K712, AKG Q701, Sennheiser HD600, and Audiotechnica ATH AD900X. This is usually though a Violectric V200 or a Matrix M-Stage amp paired with a Citypulse 2.03e DAC.

Aug 5, 2014 at 11:13 PM Post #18 of 97
Headphones: Hifiman HE-400 / Denon D2000 / Fidelio X1 / Monoprice 8323 / DUNU DN-1000 + more cheaper stuff

DAC: Fiio E17

Amps: Fiio E17 / Objective2

Music: Hip-Hop/Rap

Why am I interested? Because I really want to hear the HE-400i.

Aug 6, 2014 at 9:31 AM Post #19 of 97
My music choices are broad varying from 70s to current works. I listen to everything from pop to rock and classical to instrumental.
I currently own the HE-560 and would love to do a direct comparison to the 400i.
My equipment is Audio-GD SA31SE and incoming NFB7.
I am located in Europe.

Aug 6, 2014 at 9:47 AM Post #20 of 97
I am interested in participating in the HE-400i tour.

I currently own an HE-400, M-Stage amplifier and an ODAC as the source. I'd like to test out whether the M-Stage will be a good match for the HE-400i for when I eventually purchase these headphones.

I listen to all kinds of music, but lately I've taken a liking to more modern popular dance themed songs.

The reasons I would like to participate in this tour are:

1) I'm on the fence as to whether I should sell my HE-400 and upgrade to the HE-400i. A demo would settle that.

2) I wold like to see how it pairs with the M-Stage.

3) No stores or meets in my country

4) I live in Europe and we never get to have nice things.

Aug 6, 2014 at 12:47 PM Post #21 of 97
I'd like to join the he-400i tour.  I live in the usa in hawaii.  I listen to a lot of electronic music but I also listen to shoegazer/dreampop like Beach House, Lana Del Rey and Goldfrapp.  Also, I am the guy who suggested you angle the smc connectors so the wires don't hit your shoulders and they fit better on headphone stands!  Please let me join the tour!  Please Hifiman!  I'll do anything!  I'll make an embarassing youtube video or do the truffle shuffle

equipment list:
Maverick Audio Tubemagic A1 hybrid tube amplifier
Hifimediy Sabre 9023 Usb Dac
Fostex T50RP ZMF modded

Aug 6, 2014 at 1:20 PM Post #22 of 97
Ciao! 

I would feel very humbled and appreciative if I was chosen to be apart of the listening tour. I listen to music everyday on headphones, to me there is no other way to truly enjoy music than through an excellent pair of headphones. In recent years I have owned the HE-400 and HE-500, but due to my unforeseen finances, I had to depart with them many months ago. I am very interested in buying the new HE-400i when it becomes available. Thank you Hifiman for all your great products and contributions to the world music! 

EQUIPMENT LIST: 

(1) Hifiman EF5 amplifier
(2) Grado 125i
(3) JDS Labs ODAC
(4) Fiio X3

My musical taste holds no boundaries, I love to discover many different musical genres as much as I possibly can. On any given day I could be listening to 
Claude Debussy, Miles Davis, Kraftwerk, Pearl Jam, Daft Punk, etc. I will say though that I very fond of Jazz Fusion and Brazilian Music (1960's-1970's), that I'll never get tired of. 

Aug 6, 2014 at 2:10 PM Post #23 of 97
I currently have the HE560, HA-1 and WA7+WA7tp.

I listen to most genres with focus on top hits from every decade, indie rock and some kpop.

I am interested because I already love my HE560 and was curious if the HE400i would be a good alternate when I am looking for a more colored sound.

Aug 6, 2014 at 2:49 PM Post #24 of 97
Hi there,

I'm from Belgium and am very much interested in participating in the touring event. I work as an audio engineer in a theatre, and spend my time at home producing and mixing stoner rock, acoustic singer songwriter stuff and dance. I'm looking for a mid budget headphone for critical mixing work at home and am thinking about the 400i since I love my pair of re-400's. I kind of want a headphone as good as my high end monitors so I can work at night, and for checking bass response as my room is sadly not yet fully acoustically treated. I would be running sine wave sweep tests to check linearity etc.. Of course I would also compare the headphones with other headphones, since the cans I have just don't cut it. Recently also went to e-earphone in tokyo and tried out a whoooole bunch of high end cans, audeze, hifiman etc. Sadly there was no he-500 as that was the one I was looking for.

Gear I have:

- Prism Orpheus audio interface (this would be my headphone amp too)
- Klein & Hummel O300 monitors (now Neumann and my reference sound for flatness)
- iphone, ipad etc

- In-ears: Hifiman re-400, nu-force ne-7m, yamaha eph-100
- Cans: AKG K271, Sony MDR-7509HD, Technics dj1200, (recently got rid of a Beyerdynamic dt250)

Kind regards

Aug 6, 2014 at 4:37 PM Post #25 of 97
Count me in. I'm in San Francisco, CA. 

Equipment: ODAC, O2 Amp, HE-500 & HE-560 headphones.
Music: Electronic
Reason: Would like to compare with the other HIFIMAN headphones I love.

Aug 6, 2014 at 11:07 PM Post #27 of 97
I am interested in testing the he-400i

I've been wanting to try out some hifiman gear for a long time but have been unable to. This sounds like the perfect opportunity to try out some excellent cans and branch out from my current set up.

I listen to rock, jazz, classical, metal and vocal musics.

The equipment I currently own is
Beyerdynamic DT 880 600ohm
Sennheiser hd380 pro
Magni
Modi
Asgard II
Re-400
Westone 3
Fiio e17

Aug 7, 2014 at 12:06 PM Post #29 of 97
I'll throw my hat into the ring.

Headphones: HiFiMan HE-400, Sennheiser HD-600, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

Amps/DACs - JDS Labs O2 + ODAC, iFi iCAN, Bravo Audio V3, JDS Labs C5

Sources - PC with Hi-Res FLAC, AAC and ALAC, Toshiba SD-3960 CD transport

Portable Players - HiFiMan HM-700, iPhone 5S, iPod Classic 6th Generation 120GB through Pure i-20 DAC

I have a ton of great music (somewhere around 200GB all total) to test these cans with and my recent purchase of the HE-400 has made me a fan of HiFiMan Planars. I would love to audition the HE-400i.

Aug 7, 2014 at 1:37 PM Post #30 of 97
Very keen! if you guys need Aussie guinea pigs
wink_face.gif

Headphones/IEM:

MrSpeakers Alpha Dogs, Audio Technica ATH-A900x, HiFiMan RE-400 and ATH-M50

Amps:

Schiit Lyr & Schiit Magni.

DAC:

Schiit Modi

Music Preferences:

Very diverse but the main staples are Electronic music (D&B, glitch, chill, trance etc.), Metal (Skrams/Screamo and HC) and Orchestral Scores.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back