Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion
Nov 25, 2015 at 3:22 PM Post #5,581 of 14,386

Totally different headphones but If you can return them, get the 400i, they are noticeably better. If not, then just enjoy the 400s as they're pretty awesome too.

I'd want to keep them both. If there is a noticeable difference I'd pick up a pair as the price is now the same. I'm not too fond of the headphone connectors on the 400i. I like those on the 400S.

Nov 25, 2015 at 3:24 PM Post #5,582 of 14,386
If that's the case then I'd say order them from a place with a good return policy and if you find them to be not distinct enough to keep both, then return them. The new 400i's have the updated connector like the 400S.

Nov 25, 2015 at 3:29 PM Post #5,583 of 14,386
  If that's the case then I'd say order them from a place with a good return policy and if you find them to be not distinct enough to keep both, then return them. The new 400i's have the updated connector like the 400S.

I just ordered a pair from Amazon. Thanks!!

Nov 25, 2015 at 4:06 PM Post #5,585 of 14,386
Come on guys - be happy for all use 400i newbies that just joined your family through the black friday deal!!:) I would never have been able to afford MSRP for the 400i, I am so happy I could get the discount:)

Nov 25, 2015 at 4:11 PM Post #5,586 of 14,386
  Come on guys - be happy for all use 400i newbies that just joined your family through the black friday deal!!:) I would never have been able to afford MSRP for the 400i, I am so happy I could get the discount:)

+1

Nov 25, 2015 at 4:21 PM Post #5,587 of 14,386
Ordered from TTVJ, looking forward to hearing them and add a different flavor to my primary cans the HD800.

Nov 25, 2015 at 5:37 PM Post #5,593 of 14,386

I am glad to know you are able to enjoy these excellent headphones; but that is akin to somebody who wins the lottery wondering why all the people who didn't resents them a little for their luck

Nov 25, 2015 at 6:15 PM Post #5,595 of 14,386
Guys, I bought my set used from Razordogs ebay store for $370. I could be upset, but I'm not.

Maybe you have lots of extra money or you are a very tolerant person. My point continues to be that those who are upset have every right to be. Most of the time discounts aren't quite this deep, and as a result are easier to bare. In this case the discount was so substantial that for those who purchased them just a short time before the discount it is a bitter pill to swallow. I'm not sure what to say, but I do feel bad for those who were burned. I paid $389 from Razordog, and I am not really that miffed, but I won't lecture those who are feeling a little slighted by this. I'm thinking HFM could have discounted less deeply to make it less of a sting. Anyway, some don't mind this type of business practice, others do. I have never known a company to discount this deeply for a newer product and it is a little eye-opening. I think those who are upset have a valid point and that doesn't get invalidated no matter how many others say they don't mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back