Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560: From CES to Pre-Launch
Jan 12, 2014 at 1:11 AM Post #466 of 3,091
  Or Sennheiser... 
biggrin.gif

Yeah, for an astronomical price.

Jan 12, 2014 at 1:11 AM Post #467 of 3,091
  I need to wear an Azudeze and feel it for my self 

I auditioned my LCD2.2s before I bought them and laughed at the idea that they would be too heavy for me. Then after a couple months and many many headaches I realised comfort is all about living with a pair of headphones.
Side note: I never had any comfort issues with the HE400, but still the HE400i looks awesome

Jan 12, 2014 at 1:57 AM Post #468 of 3,091
  I auditioned my LCD2.2s before I bought them and laughed at the idea that they would be too heavy for me. Then after a couple months and many many headaches I realised comfort is all about living with a pair of headphones.
Side note: I never had any comfort issues with the HE400, but still the HE400i looks awesome

I have been trying the HE-500's and LCD-2.2's for the past week. Although both weigh about the same, LCD 2.2 feels a lot more comfortable due to the large and plush pads (newest version). However, the thinner headband of HE-500 feels more comfortable in the long run because of its higher curvature. It just hugs my head better. LCD 2.2 only touches from one or two points on the top of my head. Those pressure points feel worse over time.

Despite the weight, I can wear HE-500's for hours comfortably. Based on previous experience, I am sure the suspension type headband of HE-560 feels phenomenal.

Jan 12, 2014 at 2:02 AM Post #469 of 3,091
3 2 1...
All take a deep breath...before we are hyperventilated cuz of the hype. 
biggrin.gif
  I am a hifiman fan, especially HE500 but let's wait for some real/straight up impression about SQ first.  Personally, design/comfort are secondary to SQ for me.  I'll endure a little pain for heavenly sound but it's better be worth it.

Jan 12, 2014 at 2:34 AM Post #471 of 3,091
3 2 1...
All take a deep breath...before we are hyperventilated cuz of the hype.  :D   I am a hifiman fan, especially HE500 but let's wait for some real/straight up impression about SQ first.  Personally, design/comfort are secondary to SQ for me.  I'll endure a little pain for heavenly sound but it's better be worth it.

With that mentality, I used to wear the grados 325i for several hours until my my ears developed red rings. But they were the best I had/could afford so I endured ^_^

Jan 12, 2014 at 2:47 AM Post #473 of 3,091
So, whole lineup revamp. Wheres the new hifiman dynamic?

Jan 12, 2014 at 2:56 AM Post #474 of 3,091
  Wewph... all caught up.  I think the picture/announcement of the Jade II was possibly the last bit of new, correct?

Am I the only one interested in the price of just the new headband assembly?

I'm sure you wouldn't be alone...  A lot of people also want the new pads though too :p

So, whole lineup revamp. Wheres the new hifiman dynamic?

They are doing it in iterations it seems, not all at once.  If they are doing it all at once, they are good at hiding some prototypes XD 

Last year, they revamped their IEM lineup, and discontinued their previous line of IEMs.  This year, they are upgrading their low-to-mid range planars.  It's not known if any will be discontinued...  Looking at the price of the new models, 500 and 900 USD respectively, they look like upgrade models, I don't think HiFiMan will be discontinuing the older models (they still sit at their own respective price brackets). 

Then next year, we'll get some other updates to other parts of their line. 

Jan 12, 2014 at 4:07 AM Post #479 of 3,091

I have been trying the HE-500's and LCD-2.2's for the past week. Although both weigh about the same, LCD 2.2 feels a lot more comfortable due to the large and plush pads (newest version). However, the thinner headband of HE-500 feels more comfortable in the long run because of its higher curvature. It just hugs my head better. LCD 2.2 only touches from one or two points on the top of my head. Those pressure points feel worse over time.

Despite the weight, I can wear HE-500's for hours comfortably. Based on previous experience, I am sure the suspension type headband of HE-560 feels phenomenal.

Yep. I had that exact problem with the Audeze, the pressure points on the top of my head. I hated it. While the HE400 was evenly spread and although the headband looked less comfortable than the Audeze headband it was much nicer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back