Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560: From CES to Pre-Launch
Jan 10, 2014 at 7:27 PM Post #304 of 3,091

That's Hot! Wood!
evil_smiley.gif

Jan 10, 2014 at 8:11 PM Post #308 of 3,091
I am liking the pads. Seem like they'll be very soft and comfy :] [kinda akin to the HM5 pads, but better/more expensive it seems]

Jan 10, 2014 at 8:24 PM Post #309 of 3,091
  In the twicely posted "review" http://headphones.reviewed.com/content/hifiman-he-560-first-impressions-review?sf21499226=1 it seems the reviewer mixed up the HE400i and the HE560. 

Here's the 560 from Hifimans fb-page - and BTW - I apologize this has been posted before :wink:

Those new pleathers (or real leather maybe?)  look very nice indeed.  Loving that both pads are angled as well.  Even if it doesn't outperform a well amped HE-6 (which I don't expect it to) this could possibly become the most well rounded planar (to include ergonomics) on the market.  Oppo PM-1 Notwithstanding.  I'm officially jumping the LCD-X and K812 hype train onto this one.  Seems much more reasonable for my wine taste on a beer budget taste 
smily_headphones1.gif

EDIT:  Also, why all the hate about that cable?  What's so bad about it?  Is it really inflexible or something?

Jan 10, 2014 at 8:48 PM Post #311 of 3,091
  Listened to the HE-560 yesterday.   Much lighter in weight, new headband is vastly more comfortable, one of the most,  if not THE most comfortable I've ever worn. 

The sound quality is definitely improved from the HE-6.  Smoother treble, but with plenty of extension. Tighter, deeper bass, although from initial impressions, flatter sounding, so perhaps a about less quantity of low bass, but more quality. 

The Teak wood cups are very nice.   I find it interesting that the HE-560 is a step up from the HE-6, but not in name, I'm sure Dr. Fang Bian has more surprises in store for us in the future... 

You left out the midrange..  Recessed or a hump?

Jan 10, 2014 at 9:04 PM Post #312 of 3,091
Oh man... just spent the last hour catching up on this thread.. will be waiting for real life impressions and amp requirements. The HE560 sure look sweet but still hate the plugs.  Wonder if they'll give the LCD-X a run for it's money.  Sure are interesting times.

Jan 10, 2014 at 9:11 PM Post #313 of 3,091
  Oh man... just spent the last hour catching up on this thread.. will be waiting for real life impressions and amp requirements. The HE560 sure look sweet but still hate the plugs.  Wonder if they'll give the LCD-X a run for it's money.  Sure are interesting times.

I would hopefully expect the LCD-X to outperform it, but as mentioned earlier in the thread it's also 600g, nearly double the weight.

Jan 10, 2014 at 9:14 PM Post #314 of 3,091
  Those new pleathers (or real leather maybe?)  look very nice indeed.  Loving that both pads are angled as well.  Even if it doesn't outperform a well amped HE-6 (which I don't expect it to) this could possibly become the most well rounded planar (to include ergonomics) on the market.  Oppo PM-1 Notwithstanding.  I'm officially jumping the LCD-X and K812 hype train onto this one.  Seems much more reasonable for my wine taste on a beer budget taste 
smily_headphones1.gif

EDIT:  Also, why all the hate about that cable?  What's so bad about it?  Is it really inflexible or something?

It i stiff and flimsy. It makes mechanical noise when you move your hwead. And it breaks easily at the connectors, at least mine did. Got a replacement though. Now I have 3 thirdparty cables for my two hifimans :)

Jan 10, 2014 at 9:15 PM Post #315 of 3,091
^^ Almost half the weight and price. As long as it delivers performance in the neighborhood. Things could get very interesting around here...

popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back