Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560: From CES to Pre-Launch
Jan 7, 2014 at 3:17 PM Post #16 of 3,091
I thought the only thing the "older" HiFiMAN needed was a more padded headband and reduce the weight slightly but then they go and create this flimsy looking thing.
Well, I do hope HiFiMAN know what they are doing. I might be surprised who knows, the sonics better be worth it.

Jan 7, 2014 at 3:21 PM Post #17 of 3,091
I'm mostly interested in seeing how easy/hard these headphones are to drive.  

If I could get something sonically up to par with the HE-500 without needing a mother of an amp to drive them...that would be exciting to say the least.

Jan 7, 2014 at 3:56 PM Post #22 of 3,091
he400i is about 360g or 12 oz.
efficiency is about 93 to 94db.
35 ohm impedance

he560 is about 380g or 13 oz.
efficiency 90db
35 ohm impedance

Hi Fang!

Will owners of older HEs be able to buy the new headband from you guys, to replace the older HE headband assembly? Please say yes.

Jan 7, 2014 at 3:59 PM Post #23 of 3,091
That's almost the same as the older models, though people are already saying these are easier to drive than their former selves.
I assume the bumps will be memory foam or something? It looks a lot like the Audez'e headband.
What about the connectors? Are these still SMA? It would be great if they became mini-plugs or XLRs, wouldn't it?
I assume the HE-560 will be somewhere between the HE-500 and HE-6 in SQ but still being easier to drive, but what do we know, these are new drivers :] The HE-400i seems interesting too.
Anyway, I'l stay tuned for more, looking forward to first impressions/comparisons with the HE-500/6 in March :]
The weight reduction is very welcome!

Saying that, I myself would love to get a sample for review [as I have owned the HE-6 and still regard it as the best headphone I've heard when properly amped, but I now have some mid-fi headphones for comparisons as well, which is good].
I remenber the M-Stage was great with the HE-500, so I wonder how the 560-400i does,

[Just putting it out there. There is an extensive review of the HE-6/RE-400 in my sig.]

Regardless, can't wait. I am a huge HiFiMAN guy :D [Though the design did put me off at first sight. Then again, I don't really care as long as it doesn't break, is relatively comfortable and sound great :]]

Subbed.

Jan 7, 2014 at 4:07 PM Post #25 of 3,091
360g - That's impressive, as they appear to have a comfortable swivel, while also keeping the high-end look. 
beerchug.gif

Jan 7, 2014 at 4:19 PM Post #27 of 3,091
Wow. Fang is on this thread. Cool Beans! Haha

I'm happy you're releasing headphones again Fang. It's been too long! Now give us the HE-600!

Jan 7, 2014 at 4:21 PM Post #28 of 3,091
Very, very interesting. Had hoped for a new Jade, though... 

Jan 7, 2014 at 4:29 PM Post #30 of 3,091
CNet pics are headphones with our current earpad. But we did make new earpads for them and we are showing new headband in CES. We appreciate jerg's research about earpads.

Is that just cool or what? I am very excited to see what you have come up with after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back