Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560: From CES to Pre-Launch
Feb 12, 2014 at 5:11 AM Post #1,651 of 3,091
I don't consider HE-500 to be airy at all.

Don't really like the Hifiman logo personally..

Feb 12, 2014 at 7:26 AM Post #1,653 of 3,091
I havent heard the he6 or the lcd3 but I do have a question...

why do I see lcd2's and 3's and recently the xc's and x's in the FS thread a lot more than the he6 and he500?
blink.gif
.. could just be a coincidence.

going back in time... I thought the lcd2 was more natural sounding but overall and given the choice I would choose the he500 over the lcd2... I thought the lcd2 would be my end game... It bested the he500 in many areas but it had no wow factor to me and even though it had more bass was more boring. 

I used to think Audeze headphones are the best :) but as I discover more, I found they were just a hype IMO.
All Audeze headphones and planar headphones lack in the sound stage department, especially Audeze.

Main reason that I hear including me is the comfort issue, very heavy and due to angled ear pads and non-centered pivoting yoke creates the frontal clamping pressure. (Need to copy German engineering like Senns/beyer IMO).

Again, I state, it's hard to achieve but angled drivers is a must not the angled pads.

I hope the new Hifiman series gives you option to order non angle pads.

By the way people have different taste, I personally don't like the Dark sounding, to me it's muddy.

Feb 12, 2014 at 8:49 AM Post #1,655 of 3,091
I don't consider HE-500 to be airy at all.

Don't really like the Hifiman logo personally..

Yeah, very open, not too airy, but a little bump to the upper treble helps.

Feb 12, 2014 at 10:28 AM Post #1,656 of 3,091
I havent heard the he6 or the lcd3 but I do have a question...

why do I see lcd2's and 3's and recently the xc's and x's in the FS thread a lot more than the he6 and he500?
blink.gif
.. could just be a coincidence.

going back in time... I thought the lcd2 was more natural sounding but overall and given the choice I would choose the he500 over the lcd2... I thought the lcd2 would be my end game... It bested the he500 in many areas but it had no wow factor to me and even though it had more bass was more boring. 

I used to think Audeze headphones are the best :) but as I discover more, I found they were just a hype IMO.
All Audeze headphones and planar headphones lack in the sound stage department, especially Audeze.

Main reason that I hear including me is the comfort issue, very heavy and due to angled ear pads and non-centered pivoting yoke creates the frontal clamping pressure. (Need to copy German engineering like Senns/beyer IMO).

Again, I state, it's hard to achieve but angled drivers is a must not the angled pads.

I hope the new Hifiman series gives you option to order non angle pads.

By the way people have different taste, I personally don't like the Dark sounding, to me it's muddy.

I disagree as I do find angled pads more comfy than non angled though I got nothing against angled drivers xD

Probably just my ears or head though...

I am sure them 400i and 560 will be nightly comfy though xP

Feb 12, 2014 at 11:02 AM Post #1,658 of 3,091
FWIW, I love the AKG Q701 angled pads on my HE-500s, esp. compared to stock.  I know of one other Head-Fier who just tried them on his and was blown away initially.  Out of respect I'll keep it vague, as he's still testing/getting used to them.  If he wants to post, he'll post.  Given the relatively low cost in the US, I can only encourage others looking for alternate pads to give it a go.  I've written up instructions for anyone interested.

That said, I'd love to hear the HE-560s side-by-side with my modded HE-500s.  Maybe there'll be a shootout at a summer or fall meet.

Feb 12, 2014 at 1:46 PM Post #1,662 of 3,091
The wait is killing my ears xD

For me, the wait for the arx a1rx-c is what's killin me on the inside.... ~90 days till release!

But then again, I'm curious about the impressions that will come of these

Feb 12, 2014 at 2:18 PM Post #1,665 of 3,091
HE500 gives up some air for intimacy and a very personal experience IMO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back