HIFIMAN HE-400 Planar Headphones Pre-order
Jan 17, 2012 at 10:05 AM Post #451 of 903
Well like a lot of people I received the following email:

[size=medium]Dear customer,[/size]
[size=medium]Your pre-order HE-400 will be shipped out about 3 weeks later. We are very sorry for this delaying.[/size]
[size=medium]Our factory will be closed from 17th, Jan, 2012 to 29th, Jan,2012, and HE-400 is out of stock now. For our Chinese traditional spring festival is coming, factories including raw material factories will be closed for about 2 weeks.[/size]
[size=medium]We will ship your order out when factories recovery from Spring festival holidays(at the earlier of Feb).[/size]
[size=medium]Sorry again for this long time delaying. If any problem, pls let us know. Thanks.[/size]

[size=medium]Best,[/size]
[size=medium]Head Direct/HiFiMAN Shipping Dept.[/size]

[size=medium]The problem that I have is that I pre-order on 12/30/2011 and people that pre-order way after I did are getting their Headphones already.  Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for the people that got them already but needless to say, I'm very disappointed the way Hifiman has been handling the delivery of the HE-400.  I did reply to the email they sent me asking for a clarification on why my order has been delayed since I placed so early during the pre-order period.  I just hope it was a mistake on their part for sending me that email, but as of now I have not got any additional information about my order from the company.[/size]

Jan 17, 2012 at 10:55 AM Post #453 of 903
Well, judging by some of the latest responses, shipment of the HE-400 seems a lot more random than I would have imagined.

People who ordered on the 11th and 12th of this month getting theirs shipped out while people who ordered in December of last year have to wait the extra three weeks?

Yikes. This pre-order wasn't handled very well if that's the case.

Jan 17, 2012 at 11:08 AM Post #454 of 903
Looks great in the new incoming pictures. I ordered mine on the 12th and received the delay email as expected. I'm happy to have finally received official notice from head-direct that they would be delayed though. Hope you guys who get yours enjoy em!

Jan 17, 2012 at 11:15 AM Post #455 of 903

Quote:
So who in this thread pre-ordered before the 10th and will be receiving it next week most likely?

Me! 
beerchug.gif
 Just got a shipping notice. Woohoo!

Jan 17, 2012 at 11:16 AM Post #456 of 903
Yesterday I received a (surprising!) e-mail with a tracking number for my order. When I checked, I was surprised to see that they were due to be delivered today, but figured I would have to wait until after work to see them. Too bad, but still earlier than I expected.

Soooo....it snowed overnight, which meant I had to clear our driveway before heading out to work. I just bought a snowblower a couple of weeks ago and, never having used one before, first had to figure out what to do and what the optimal blowing pattern was. After that I had to change for work, blah, blah, blah.

In any case, all of that took long enough that by the time I was heading out the door, who did I bump into but our FedEx deliverywoman, bearing glad tidings from China? I happily grabbed my HiFiMAN HM-601, threw the package in my car and headed off to work (rather late, I might add).

I got to work, opened the package, beheld the beautiful and weighty HE-400s, tried them on (first impression is that they are very comfortable), then picked up the HM-601 and reached for the cable to attach them to the HE-400 cups and give them a spin. D'oh! The cable only has 1/4" termination and I forgot to bring my adapter! D'oh! D'oh! D'oh!
frown.gif

So now I need to sit here all day, staring at the HE-400s, but unable to listen to them until I get home from work. D'oh!

Best,
Adam

P.S. I also ordered the velour pads. They were in the box.

Jan 17, 2012 at 11:39 AM Post #457 of 903

Quote:

then picked up the HM-601 and reached for the cable to attach them to the HE-400 cups and give them a spin. D'oh! The cable only has 1/4" termination and I forgot to bring my adapter! D'oh! D'oh! D'oh!
frown.gif

So now I need to sit here all day, staring at the HE-400s, but unable to listen to them until I get home from work. D'oh!

Uh oh, that cant be any fun at all!

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Jan 17, 2012 at 11:42 AM Post #458 of 903
can one LOL and feel pity at the same time? >_<

Jan 17, 2012 at 12:13 PM Post #459 of 903
Has anyone had an issue with their tracking number?

I searched my Fedex # and found that the status of the package is "undeliverable" and that the destination is somewhere in Connecticut (I ordered them shipped to MD)

Jan 17, 2012 at 1:34 PM Post #461 of 903
I tried to call head-direct about 30 minutes ago but I was directed to leave a message because customer service was helping another customer.

I just got a call from them. The representative I spoke with told me she saw that I had tried to call and she wrote down my phone number - even though I didn't leave a message.

She said that the incorrect information on the FedEx website is a common occurrence and that it is nothing to worry about. The shipment was picked up today so the tracking number is not yet available for tracking. She asked me to check FedEx tomorrow and if there is still a problem to call her back.

I feel bad that some early pre-orders appear to have been bumped out of place, but it seems like they are making a good faith effort to resolve issues and serve customers. I would recommend calling them if you have any questions or concerns.

Jan 17, 2012 at 3:40 PM Post #462 of 903
I think I was the person dealing with customer support while Palmfish was trying to call.  I just want to mention that in my case customer support was very helpful and was trying to resolve my problem to the best of her ability.  She was in the phone with me for about 40 minutes verifying my order information, address,  email, etc.  She then forward all my concern to the shipping manager and company president to help in taking care of my problem.  I will give kudos to her for the effort she is putting on trying to resolve my issue, which by the way is that I pre-ordered in December and received the infamous email about the three weeks delay for delivery.  My problem still not resolve yet but I believe that the Hifiman company is working to provide a better customer support.

Jan 17, 2012 at 3:47 PM Post #463 of 903

Quote:
I got to work, opened the package, beheld the beautiful and weighty HE-400s, tried them on (first impression is that they are very comfortable), then picked up the HM-601 and reached for the cable to attach them to the HE-400 cups and give them a spin. D'oh! The cable only has 1/4" termination and I forgot to bring my adapter! D'oh! D'oh! D'oh!
frown.gif

Oh dear. And my Headstage only has 1/8" outputs... Thanks for the warning: two days to get an adapter!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back