HIFIMAN HE-400 Planar Headphones Pre-order
Jan 16, 2012 at 6:18 PM Post #421 of 903

Quote:
Could you link me to where I could order 3.5mm termination cabling compatible with these cans? Thanks!

You may want to ask Fang, or you could try an aftermarket company like ALO or Moon Audio or Apuresound. I imagine the connectors are the same as the other HiFiMan headphones, so they should have them on hand to be able to make one.

But I'd try Fang first, since the aftermarket stuff will likely be more costly.

I'll probably try a number of adapters first, but if it's too bulky as I suspect then I may just order a short 1/8" cable myself to use with DAPs and whatnot.

Jan 16, 2012 at 7:17 PM Post #423 of 903
I can't believe the amount of whining in this thread... us westerners have to learn that not everything is given in life. Getting a bargain on what seems to be an amazing phone for its price range isn't great enough apparently? MORE MORE MORE. -I want a flippin' case and I am pissed if there are any delays-. 

I am very bothered by some people's reactions. I can't help but think that a bunch of ppl in this community are lonely/unhappy/ needy and cranky nerds. This upsets me very much.

End Rage 

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Jan 16, 2012 at 7:41 PM Post #425 of 903
Cut Fang some slack. This is a small boutique company that has managed to produce some amazing planar HPs. I have the HE 5LE the best damn phone I ever owned. I ordered the 400 for a different setup and will patiently wait and thank this guy for his commitment to making this hobby exciting with his offerings. He oversold because of the reputation of his previous HPs.He will soon deliver what will probably one of the best sounding HPs at that price point. So patience and appreciation for HiFiMan  John NYC

Jan 16, 2012 at 8:15 PM Post #426 of 903

Hey Jason, would love to hear which of Schiits amps show synergy with HE-400 and any other thoughts you might have on these.
Quote:
In more positive news, ours just arrived. Excuse the disaster of my desk.

Early impressions: very, very nice for the price! Not as smiley-faced as DT-990s. Not nearly as bassy as LCD-2 R1s. We'll see what happens as they run in, but first impassions are positive.

And yes, no hard box--the photo of the display box from CES is accurate. 1/4" plug on the cable, FWIW.

Jan 16, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #427 of 903
From the other HE400 thread:

I got my HE 400 yesterday and so far I'm not at all sure what I think of them.  They definitely are bassy, and they have a V sound signature with the mids a bit recessed.  They are not as detailed as the Beyer DT 70s, nor are the highs as fast or crystal clear.  Vocal and instrument separation is less than the DT 70s.  Vocal timbre is not particularly distinct. They seem a bit veiled in the mid range.  Headstage is good.  They feel pretty comfortable despite being heavy.  This is all preliminary.  Sometimes I think they sound very musical, but sometimes I think the Beyer DT 70s are far better.  I've been listening through a variety of amps from various sources.  By comparison the Beyer DT 70s are a bit lacking in bass.  My favorite Sennheisers (the HD 595) seem like a better all round headphone, certainly way more bang for the buck.  I do like that the bass is emphasized but not boomy and not at all uncomfortable to listen to. 

This is all based on just a couple of hours.

Jan 16, 2012 at 9:29 PM Post #428 of 903
I can't believe the amount of whining in this thread... us westerners have to learn that not everything is given in life. Getting a bargain on what seems to be an amazing phone for its price range isn't great enough apparently? MORE MORE MORE. -I want a flippin' case and I am pissed if there are any delays-. 

I am very bothered by some people's reactions. I can't help but think that a bunch of ppl in this community are lonely/unhappy/ needy and cranky nerds. This upsets me very much.

End Rage 

People just want what was advertised. Nothing wrong with that. Also, I don't know about you but as a "westerner" I believe nothing is given and everything is earned. There really is no defense for head-direct's mistakes. Fang apologized and we should leave it at that.

Jan 16, 2012 at 9:55 PM Post #429 of 903
For those who ordered before the 10th. Did your status change on Head-Direct ? Mine is still "payment is recived. waiting for shipping" and I've ordered before the 10th. Just curious.

Jan 16, 2012 at 10:08 PM Post #430 of 903

Quote:
People just want what was advertised. Nothing wrong with that. Also, I don't know about you but as a "westerner" I believe nothing is given and everything is earned. There really is no defense for head-direct's mistakes. Fang apologized and we should leave it at that.

Exactly. We are not talking about unreasonable expectations, just what was promised. Now Fang has apologized, I agree we should give him some time and hope for the best. Who knows, maybe with enough orders cancelled, the second batch would take less time to ship...

Jan 16, 2012 at 10:25 PM Post #431 of 903
Quote:
People just want what was advertised. Nothing wrong with that.

It doesn't say mahogany oak box in the advertisement.

People just like to complain.
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 16, 2012 at 10:30 PM Post #432 of 903
      Quote:
Exactly. We are not talking about unreasonable expectations,

Actually you are, if the HE-400 is made at different factories, and all those factories are empty and the workers are 1000 miles away, you are ordering a pizza and there is no chef, and complaining "where is my pizza", you can get a refund for the pizza and buy another pizza from somewhere else lol.

Jan 16, 2012 at 10:47 PM Post #433 of 903
No I'm not. If the pizza place promised my pizza will arrive within 30 minutes, then I have all the reasons to complain if it doesn't. Maybe you didn't follow the whole story and you are just someone who likes to whine about people who "whine". The box thing you might have a point. But for the delay issue, you are the one who whines without any good reason. All we wanted is good communication and a sincere apology both of which Fang has more or less offered, so we said we'll let it go. You should too. 

Quote:
      Quote:

Actually you are, if the HE-400 is made at different factories, and all those factories are empty and the workers are 1000 miles away, you are ordering a pizza and there is no chef, and complaining "where is my pizza", you can get a refund for the pizza and buy another pizza from somewhere else lol.

Jan 16, 2012 at 10:52 PM Post #434 of 903
mmmmm...This thread is hilarious.

I'm now hungry.....mmmmm...pizza sounds good :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back