Hifiman HE-1000 coming
Mar 30, 2015 at 4:23 PM Post #421 of 446
lol well, if the problem is 1-4 posts out of a entire thread that doesn't even mention the phrase 'end game' once w/ the particular post referenced taken out of context as it seems to clearly articulated a personal game changer after trying many different dacs with the disclaimer that not enough time was spent on everything... i'd personally disagree with a reaction that seems to be broadly discrediting the subjective impressions/experiences found on the thread. i imagine that it wld be quite a difficult task to match all the other components at canjam, so impressions may be affected by other factors, but nonetheless can still quite helpful & enjoyable to read. ymmv of course
smily_headphones1.gif

I could have sworn we moved on...  I think it was you that was involved in getting the other HE1000 thread locked. Please learn how to STOP and move on.  Who cares what you disagree with, who are you supposed to be anyway - I forgot
cool.gif

Lets try this again.  Back to the HE1000

Yeah - the 560s are not a warm headphone from what I got from them.  Pretty balanced through out the FR - but lacks the body of the HE-6  I hope the HE1000 are not as lean as the 560 i.e... has more body..  YMMV....

Mar 30, 2015 at 6:24 PM Post #422 of 446
The widely conflicting reports on soudstage are baffling... On one hand, people call it holographic, 3D, realistic and one of the best they've heard... On the other, people say there's no depth to it at all... WTH? 
confused.gif

Mar 30, 2015 at 6:28 PM Post #423 of 446
  The widely conflicting reports on soudstage are baffling... On one hand, people call it holographic, 3D, realistic and one of the best they've heard... On the other, people say there's no depth to it at all... WTH? 
confused.gif

They might be used to HD800 super-ultra-deluxe-magical (Or was it Deluxe-Ultra-Magical) soundstage

Mar 30, 2015 at 6:34 PM Post #424 of 446
The widely conflicting reports on soudstage are baffling... On one hand, people call it holographic, 3D, realistic and one of the best they've heard... On the other, people say there's no depth to it at all... WTH? :confused:

well probably larger than the hd80p from my demo, but in meet conditions or loud environments, u rly wont get a good sense at all bc these leak like a diuretic. basically no isolation at all, u can be wearing or not wearing em & outside noise sounds exactly the same. also the sound stage seemed a bit different from a traditional front stage or 3 blob portrayal. more enveloping but over a larger area at the same time. honestly hard to rly call until ppl get a chance to do controlled direct comparisons against the hd800. differ ppl using a lot of different sources so hard to say whats accurate. if it turned out that a good hd800 rig equals the he1k, it wldnt be thatt surprising, though i rly do think from my demo that there is a noticeable increase in sstage esp height and depth. dont think the tracks i tried rly showed off width, but overall seemed to cover more area than the hd800.

Mar 30, 2015 at 6:37 PM Post #425 of 446
Alright. Well, I'll be monitoring my 3 headphones - H1K, Dharma and Ether... Or HED. 
biggrin.gif

[I'd take a review pair of either btw
wink.gif
]

Mar 30, 2015 at 8:45 PM Post #426 of 446

They might be used to HD800 super-ultra-deluxe-magical (Or was it Deluxe-Ultra-Magical) soundstage

Nope. Never actually felt the HD-800 was so much better than my HE-6 in sound-stage.

The HE-1000 - on HFM's setup - was definitely lacking compared to what I'm used to.

But as Luke mentioned, it was in meet condition. Nothing sounded good in that freaking loud room...

Mar 30, 2015 at 11:03 PM Post #428 of 446
Oh, Oh!!!!  The HE-1000 are getting mixed reviews at Canjan...sounds like not all is well in paradise.  My HD800s are breathing easier.

lol almost every item mentioned on that thread more than once got mixed reviews.

its easy to cherry pick out impressions you agree with, so ur hd800 can def rest easy :)

at the nyc minimeet, opinions were pretty split down the middle which one was better (tho more he1k love of course bc he1k is the exciting new thing)

Mar 30, 2015 at 11:50 PM Post #429 of 446
lol almost every item mentioned on that thread more than once got mixed reviews.

its easy to cherry pick out impressions you agree with, so ur hd800 can def rest easy
smily_headphones1.gif

at the nyc minimeet, opinions were pretty split down the middle which one was better (tho more he1k love of course bc he1k is the exciting new thing)

I said it once in another HE-1000 thread and I will say it again: for $3000 bucks there better be a close to unanimous stamp of approval with these phones for me to consider buying them.  If the opinions are split down the middle, the green little martians inside my wallet are staying put.  One has to admit that conditions at Canjam are not conducive to properly evaluating open back headphones like the HE-1000s.

Mar 30, 2015 at 11:52 PM Post #430 of 446
Lets try this again.  Back to the HE1000

Yeah - the 560s are not a warm headphone from what I got from them.  Pretty balanced through out the FR - but lacks the body of the HE-6  I hope the HE1000 are not as lean as the 560 i.e... has more body..  YMMV....

Thanks for the impression. I had been tracking HE1000 impressions and was imagining how it would improve on HE6 which I love. Early comparison to 009 had me wondering if it would have the more ethereal electrostats sound and seems this is what you are hearing. Not sure if it is blood or bs thing until I can hear for myself, but I definite much preferred the "weight/body" of the HE6 sound over the HE560. Which DAC/AMP were your HE1000 demo on?

Mar 31, 2015 at 3:00 AM Post #433 of 446
well probably larger than the hd80p from my demo, but in meet conditions or loud environments, u rly wont get a good sense at all bc these leak like a diuretic. basically no isolation at all, u can be wearing or not wearing em & outside noise sounds exactly the same.

This. Seriously, CanJam at times was so loud that you really couldn't get a sense of the headphones at all. And it was especially hard to get a feel for imaging and soundstage with all of that noise. I was lucky enough to be able to get just enough quiet time to be able to get the impressions that I've been posting throughout Head-Fi, but even that basically took the whole 8 hours that I was there on Sunday (9 AM - 5 PM).

May 9, 2015 at 2:38 PM Post #435 of 446
Oh, Oh!!!!  The HE-1000 are getting mixed reviews at Canjan...sounds like not all is well in paradise.  My HD800s are breathing easier.

I tried the HE1000 yesterday at the Vancouver Audio Show. Listened to my familiar test tracks for about 10 minutes on my HiFi M8, and demo tracks via an Auralic stack. First impressions were that they are very light and comfortable compared to my LCD-2F.

Instrument separation is nice and clear. Soundstage is wide like the HD800s, but I did not draw any conclusion on depth in my short listen.

Bass is tight, with lots of sound pressure from the huge diaphragm. A brighter and less colored headphone than the Audeze, but not as strident as the HD800 (which hurt my ears). Short story... A new object of desire!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back