HIFIMAN Flagship Headphone HE1000 Beta Testing Opportunity Complete - Feel free to still comment
Apr 9, 2015 at 6:06 AM Post #331 of 1,738
I'd be happy to test this amazing equipment, and compare it with my gears at home (LCD 3, HD 800 etc.). I mostly listen to classical music and am used to go to ~50 concerts (mostly BSO) per year when I lived in Boston a few years back.

Apr 9, 2015 at 6:15 AM Post #332 of 1,738
I live in Poland, and that, as I understand it highly increases the chances of something going wrong with the shipment (not to mention international laws) so i totally get if this ends up being USA only type of thing. However, I still plan to try my luck, because no matter how low the chances are, when there is this big of a reward, you just dont let it slide (hell, that was the whole point I started dating my EX :D).
I Am, for a lack of a better word, Interested as much as Leonardo Di Caprio getting an Oscar.
I would most likely even take a day off at my job to have a longer weekend to try them.

I would do mostly in the gaming department but obviously also in music and movies. And I would most likely try to convince my closest friends to come and try them out and record their reactions incognito :D.
I can just imagine now, Playing the Mass effect 2 suicide mission with those... Perhaps im biased but even thinking about that makes me smile :D.

EDIT: My gear is very modest so I would have a lower chance to compare them to great gear.

HPs: Shure 215, HE-400 moded, Beyerdynamic DT660.
Amp: Shiit Asgard
DAC: Z-5500 Logitech control unit used as DAC/Fiio E-17.

Apr 9, 2015 at 6:33 AM Post #333 of 1,738
I am very interested in beta testing the HE-1000s.
I am a test engineer by trade for the past 18 years for a major 12V consumer electronics manufacturer and have been an audiophile since I was 11 years old.
I am one of the earliest owners of a pair of HIFIMAN HE-400s.

Apr 9, 2015 at 7:06 AM Post #335 of 1,738
I am interested in testing these babies out. I have owned several HiFiMaN products before, currently I am still using a HE 5 & EF 6 amp. From India. 

P.S- Currently Taket H2+ & TR2 is the best system I own, it will be interesting to compare them with the HE1000 EF 6 Combo.  

Apr 9, 2015 at 7:08 AM Post #336 of 1,738
I would be interested in helping you out.

I've been involved in the acoustics department at the faculty of electrical engineering here, even though my occupaction deals with a different scope of engineering (structural). I have been in audio and music production for 15 years and have professionally played in an orchestra for 8 years. My aspirations with hi-fi equpment have always been that of a realistic and true-to-life reproduction of the original music material so my reference recording are studio recordings of the orchestra I played in. You can send me a PM if you would like more information about my background or the equipment I use.

Cheers!
Antun

Apr 9, 2015 at 7:38 AM Post #339 of 1,738
I would participate in this. I have owned the HE-400 and have listened to the HE-500 extensively. I was never happy with the fit of either. I preferred the sound of the HE-500 but it still was missing something down low. I certainly fell in love with the ortho sound with the HE-400 but comfort was always a big concern with the Hifimans. I would love to see if the newer model is a better fit and compare the sound signatures. I like a pretty neutral headphone if not slightly bright.

Apr 9, 2015 at 7:38 AM Post #340 of 1,738
I own HE6 + EF6, it's natural i'm intrested in...

Apr 9, 2015 at 8:13 AM Post #342 of 1,738
I would also be very interested, but I don't have any high-end gear, in fact the amp that I am using is a bottlehead crack, which is hardly best suited for a planar-dynamic headphone.
If there is however any chance that I could still be involved, I would be very excited. I do have a lot of time to commit to the project.

Apr 9, 2015 at 9:50 AM Post #344 of 1,738
I would be privileged to be one of the beta testers of he HiFiMAN HE1000, provided that HiFiMAN would also make available the HiFiMAN amplifier that they recommend for its use (would that be the HiFiMAN EF1000?).

I would also suggest that if HiFiMAN has found that "burn-in" affects the sound of the HE1000, that the headphone be burned in prior to beginning its beta site tour -- a recent tour of the Grado -e series was confounded by the fact that the headphones were not burned in, and the first reviews spent time burning them in and obtained different results than later reviews as the headphones were passed among the reviewers around the country.

I have several relevant qualifications:

1. I developed  a systematic means of comparing three headphones against 10 audio attributes.  Here is the result of one such three-way compare - blue ("first prize") equals the best in that particular category (3 points), red is second place (2 points), and gold is third place (1 point).  I have performed at least a dozen such three-way compares, spanning over two dozen headphone models.  The link from which I took the table of one such compare shown below elaborates both on the method and references other such tests, here:  http://www.head-fi.org/t/530965/grado-fan-club/23265#post_11340487

(click to enlarge)

Example 3-way comparison of headphones vs. 10 audio characteristics (1 of 12)

1. I statistically analyzed and compiled the results of 2,000 comparisons from the head-fi.org thread "Rank The Headphones That You Own," in which people rank-ordered the particular headphones that they owned.  That work resulted in  1) a matrix of the 37 headphone models that were ranked at least 10 times against each other, shown below in a matrix where each can be ranked against the other (for example, in comparing the Sennheiser HD 800 against the HiFiMAN HE-6, 4 persons ranked their HE-6 above their HD 800, while 6 people ranked their HD 800 above the HE-6 - the white dot at the intersection of the two summarizes their ranking as "about equal" within the bounds of 10 samples); 2) a "correlation matrix" that shows when a person has a particular model of headphone, they are unusually likely to have another model; 3) the ability to pull up all the rank order lists provided for a particular headphone, showing what their owners compare it against and how they rank it.  Below is the summary matrix of 37 models compared; here is the link to the full post:  http://www.head-fi.org/t/721406/how-we-rank-our-own-headphones-statistics-of-2-000-owner-rankings-compiled#post_10597847

(click to enlarge)

"Crowd sourced" comparisons of preferences for 37 headphone models

1. I have three top-line pairings of headphone and manufacturer-matched amp -  the Sennheiser HD 800 headphone with the HDVD 800 DAC/ amp, the Joseph Grado Signature Products HP-1000 (HP1 version) with the Joseph Grado HPA-1 amp, and the Beyerdynamic T 5 p headphone with the Beyerdynamic A 200 p DAC/amp, as well as a total of about 36 headphones and past ownership of about 12 more, as represented by the three-way rankings listed above;
  2. I recently posted a quick comparison of the HiFiMAN HE-500, HE-560, and HE-400i, here:  http://www.head-fi.org/t/551345/hifiman-he-500-he-as-in-high-end-proving-to-be-an-enjoyable-experience-in-listening/16050#post_11489208
  3. I led the organization of a head-fi headphone meet two weeks ago, held at a HiFiMAN Authorized Distributor (Overture Audio, Ann Arbor, MI) - HiFiMAN was kind enough to donate a HE-400i as a door prize.  Meet impressions here:  http://www.head-fi.org/t/758975/southeastern-michigan-spring-meet-hosted-by-overture-audio-ann-arbor-mi-3-14-15#post_11411351

Again, I would consider it a privilege to post a review on the HE1000 with HiFiMAN-recommended amp.

Apr 9, 2015 at 10:16 AM Post #345 of 1,738
Very interested ... I am a happy owner of HE6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back