hifiman EF2 or NuForce HD (not HDP with preamp, no need) .. or other options around that price range...
Jan 10, 2011 at 3:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

El Nuevo1

New Head-Fier
i need a budget amp. Will be using with the hd650s and am under a budget for the moment. I would like to hear your experiences and opinions as well as other suggestions! thanks in advance!

Jan 11, 2011 at 5:12 AM Post #2 of 3
My experience with cheap fullsize amps has been pretty brutal to date - they sucked big time. That said, I still have the Caliente on my shortlist, and I also wouldnt mind hearing the Corda Swing. If you want Head-Fi keystroke love, its difficult to argue against the glowing reviews for the Nuforce amps. 

Jan 11, 2011 at 12:35 PM Post #3 of 3

Thanks! yeah the Corda Swing is an interesting amp but the reason I would prefer the NuForce would be for its built in DAC and also the good reviews I've read about them makes me consider them even more, I just wish I could try them out before I purchase any one of them. 
Quote:
My experience with cheap fullsize amps has been pretty brutal to date - they sucked big time. That said, I still have the Caliente on my shortlist, and I also wouldnt mind hearing the Corda Swing. If you want Head-Fi keystroke love, its difficult to argue against the glowing reviews for the Nuforce amps. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back