HiFiMan Edition X and Cardas A8 loaner programs!
Dec 18, 2015 at 2:30 AM Post #32 of 69
THANKS A TON! :beerchug:
Here is the list for the Edition X. A lot of you signed up after we closed yesterday. I have included everyone who sent an email. If the wait is too long I understand - and I will be without my personal pair of Edition X headphones for what looks like 6 months... enjoy. They will be shipping out on Friday. There are a couple guys who will be added on to the end once I receive their user name...

Todd

1. Audiobear
2. bclark8923
3. wwyssh

hrq12345
5. [COLOR=000000]ktmracer12345[/COLOR]
[COLOR=000000]6.[/COLOR] Pippen99
7. Opzon
8. stjj89
9. dxanex
10. singleended58
11. raybone0566
12. Skooks
13. [COLOR=000000]Carlsan[/COLOR]
[COLOR=000000]14.[/COLOR] guidostrunk
15. yage
16. Mshenay
17. [COLOR=000000]DooberKnob[/COLOR]
[COLOR=000000]18. Zworykin[/COLOR]
[COLOR=000000]19.[/COLOR] [COLOR=000000]Grizzlybeast[/COLOR]

[COLOR=000000]20.[/COLOR] [COLOR=000000]swspiers[/COLOR]

[COLOR=000000]21.[/COLOR] mysticstryk
22. anorphirith
23. bimmer100
24. jjacq
25. oneguy

Dec 18, 2015 at 6:45 PM Post #33 of 69
Oops, missed this until it was too late, have the HEK, would have loved to compare to the HEX. The Cardas would also have been nice to hear. Oh well, you snooze, you lose, as they say. Looking forward to impressions of the people on the tour. Congrats!

Dec 18, 2015 at 9:02 PM Post #34 of 69
Oops, missed this until it was too late, have the HEK, would have loved to compare to the HEX. The Cardas would also have been nice to hear. Oh well, you snooze, you lose, as they say. Looking forward to impressions of the people on the tour. Congrats!

oooh SNAP I totally forget this is for the HEX, I used to love that short hand 

Dec 19, 2015 at 6:46 PM Post #35 of 69
Also does any one have a 4pin Balanced Connector they would be comfortable including with the tour, or maybe Todd has one. I'd really love to hear these side by side with my HE 4 out of my balanced amp 

Dec 26, 2015 at 2:02 PM Post #36 of 69
I just ended up picking up a pair of used EditionX's so likely shouldn't participate with this program anymore. I couldn't wait :wink:

Dec 26, 2015 at 2:07 PM Post #37 of 69
Congrats. Enjoy!

I've only had the loaners since Wednesday and power was out Thursday and most of Friday so I couldn't listen on Gumby/Liquid Carbon but based on a few hours with my iPhone 6s and Mojo, you made a very wise move.  The HEX is definitely something special. 

My wife listened to them last night and gave them the thumbs up saying they are very good.  She asked how much they were going to cost us and didn't blink when I told her.  This from someone who listens to AM radio in a Nissan Pickup and who could care less about sound quality.

Dec 26, 2015 at 2:10 PM Post #38 of 69
Hmmm, any possibility I could get one? I'd love to compare to the HEK.

Dec 27, 2015 at 2:45 AM Post #39 of 69
I got my loaner pair from Hifiman Today actually, I like em so far. they remind me of a VERY polished an much improved LCD 2F 

Jan 8, 2016 at 1:04 AM Post #40 of 69
First, Thanks to Todd for running this program.

I had the opportunity to listen to the A8's fresh out of the box.  My experience is mostly with speakers, so I'll do my best with these impressions.

I have recently had the chance to audition the original Cardas IEM's.  My biggest complaint with them was the size and the microphonic quality of the cables.  Both of these have been markedly improved with the A8's.  These are not small IEMs, but they are not as noticeable as the original.  The cable size is much more manageable and the ability to interchange cables is a plus.

Packaging is first class.

Initially out of the box, I felt there was a bit of sibilance, but this resolved with burn-in.  I put about 50+ hours on them, so the next person should have a nice head-start.

I found nothing lacking compared to my recollection of the earlier Cardas.

I recently purchased the Sennheiser IE80's.   The Cardas easily surpass these.  I found the bass response better and the imaging was much improved.  The best description was the veil being lifted. The IE-80's went back from whence they came. 

I tried them with my iPhone 6+ as well as the Oppo HA-2 and the Chord Mojo.  I noticed an incremental improvement with the Oppo, but a marked improvement with the Mojo.  With the Mojo the imaging was simply superb with a significant improvement not only in soundstage width, but also depth.

I am very impressed with the A8's.  It was a sad day when the postman came to take them away.  I plan on purchasing these in the future.  I truly enjoyed them and think that they are good enough driven by my iPhone that I will probably not buy an outboard DAC.  Well, at least not yet.....

Jan 8, 2016 at 1:18 AM Post #41 of 69
I really enjoyed my week+ with the HEX.  I want to thank Todd and TTVJ for running this loaner program.

I posted my impressions yesterday over at the Hifiman Edition X thread

post #1092

so I will only say here the HEX is an excellent headphone that seduces one into listening for hours without thinking about the gear and how good or bad everything is.  For those who love to just listen it's a very enjoyable headphone.  I wouldn't overanalyze it, just try it and see if you like it--most will.

Jan 8, 2016 at 4:36 AM Post #42 of 69
Hey guys. I am trying to ship out the cardas a8 to the next listener, but don't know his/her address. I emailed Todd twice, but no reply. How does this work? I believe Audiofrk is next up.

Feb 1, 2016 at 11:46 PM Post #45 of 69
Can anyone tell who has the Cardas A8 loaner at this point? I believe that I am the last person on the list so I am just a little curious and excited too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back