Hifiman DEVA - Official Thread
Jul 1, 2021 at 8:23 AM Post #797 of 984
Just one more doubt. After connecting bluemini as a dac, is it possible to use a 3.5 mm TRRS female to 3.5 mm TRS female and plug in any other headphone into one end of 3.5mm TRS female and bluemini into other end of 3.5 mm TRRS female. Just wondering if this will work.
Sure it will, but I would stick with all TRRS. It is dangerous to the equipment to go from balanced to SE. You can go SE to balanced, but not the other way around. You would be shorting out grounds...

Jul 1, 2021 at 9:23 AM Post #799 of 984
Sure it will, but I would stick with all TRRS. It is dangerous to the equipment to go from balanced to SE. You can go SE to balanced, but not the other way around. You would be shorting out grounds...
It seems dangerous to try out that idea. Anyways, it was just one last thought to try bluemini as amp and dac for other headphones (all with TRS jack).

Jul 1, 2021 at 9:34 AM Post #800 of 984
It seems dangerous to try out that idea. Anyways, it was just one last thought to try bluemini as amp and dac for other headphones (all with TRS jack).
Oh, I get where you are coming from. I thought about it myself. If you had any balanced headphones, you could do that, or you could make them semi-wireless (use the Bluemini for BT connection, then wired to the headphone) :wink:

Jul 1, 2021 at 11:08 AM Post #801 of 984
Oh, I get where you are coming from. I thought about it myself. If you had any balanced headphones, you could do that, or you could make them semi-wireless (use the Bluemini for BT connection, then wired to the headphone) :wink:
Balanced headphone you mean the standard TRS ones? The HE400, HD400 all have TRS (2 rings). Can I connect their jack to 3.5mm TRS female and bluemini into other end of 3.5 mm TRRS female?

Jul 1, 2021 at 12:45 PM Post #802 of 984
IMO, it's Bluemini>Q5K>BTR5. It's good to have two BT options for charging. If I was only using the Deva, I'd buy two Bluemini's. Otherwise it's good to have a Bluemini and the Q5K available for other headphones/IEMs. The BTR5 does not have the power and a PEQ that works with LDAC. I didn't have the BTR5 and the Q5K at the same time to make a side by side comparison but I returned the BTR5 because it wasn't strong enough, the Q5K is. Oratory1990 has PEQ settings for both wired and wireless using the Bluemini with the Deva. I read somewhere that the Bluemini has theoretically 1153 mW and the Q5K outputs 4V on a balanced cable. AFAIK, HiFiman warranties are only good if the item was purchased from an authorized dealer. I bought my Deva's at a brick and mortar store and they signed me up for it there.

If you are on a budget and looking for a desktop amp for the Deva, I highly recommend the JDS Labs Atom amp, some were/are listed here in the classifieds for around $70 including shipping. The Atom has low output impedance, which is important for the Deva. ASR has it third from the bottom on it's list of tested amps output impedance chart, it sounds great with the Deva.

Jul 1, 2021 at 3:21 PM Post #803 of 984
Balanced headphone you mean the standard TRS ones? The HE400, HD400 all have TRS (2 rings). Can I connect their jack to 3.5mm TRS female and bluemini into other end of 3.5 mm TRRS female?
No, everything from the Bluemini up to the headphones must be TRRS because the output is TRRS (balanced). Also, make sure the headphones can handle TRRS (balanced) connections. Some (especially the single cable ones) cannot. I know the HE400 can handle TRRS, but I don't think the HD400 can use a TRRS connection.

Jul 2, 2021 at 2:47 AM Post #804 of 984
No, everything from the Bluemini up to the headphones must be TRRS because the output is TRRS (balanced). Also, make sure the headphones can handle TRRS (balanced) connections. Some (especially the single cable ones) cannot. I know the HE400 can handle TRRS, but I don't think the HD400 can use a TRRS connection.
Sorry. That's a typo. I meant HD650.

Jul 2, 2021 at 5:12 AM Post #806 of 984
Are there any differences between Bluemini and Bluemini 2, besides support for Bluetooth 5.0? Better performance (range, reliability of the connection) or new or changed features?

I've seen that for Bluemini (1) there is a Windows driver available for download (for the USB audio connection, I guess), but not for Bluemini 2. Does that latter work with Windows 10 out of the box?

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2021 at 12:31 PM Post #807 of 984
I'm not sure which version I have but I believe it to be V2 since it has one button. There was a sticker on it with a manufacturing date of 12/20. No drivers were needed for Windows 10/7 and it was fully compatible with all the Linux distros I tried. I doubt a driver is necessary for V1 but they included it to avoid confusion.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2021 at 6:56 AM Post #808 of 984
Are there any differences between Bluemini and Bluemini 2, besides support for Bluetooth 5.0? Better performance (range, reliability of the connection) or new or changed features?

I've seen that for Bluemini (1) there is a Windows driver available for download (for the USB audio connection, I guess), but not for Bluemini 2. Does that latter work with Windows 10 out of the box?

I'm interested in the differences between Bluemini and Bluemini 2 as well. Cannot find any info about Bluemini 2.

Jul 7, 2021 at 9:48 AM Post #809 of 984
I'm interested in the differences between Bluemini and Bluemini 2 as well. Cannot find any info about Bluemini 2.
AFAIK the BT version is the only change I know of. Of course, this effects range, battery life, etc... so there is that.

Jul 7, 2021 at 11:46 PM Post #810 of 984
Guys, by the way I ordered Bluemini today. It will be dispatched on Monday, most probably I should receive it by next weekend.
Got the Bluemini delivered today. However, there was no USB cable found in the package for charging the dongle . I tried the USB cable of my WD passport drive to connect but the miniusb could not connect the dongle. In Hifiman Deva manual, they mentioned like "The Bluemini can only be charged using the supplied USB cable". I mailed the customer service for USB cable, they are saying the dongle can be charged with a charging cable that is used to charge the mobile phones. Is this true?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back