Hifiman DEVA - Official Thread
Jan 28, 2021 at 6:47 PM Post #601 of 984
I just got a Sennheiser hd 560s as a replacement for the Deva because I wasn't happy with its loose fit. Man am I so disappointed in the 560s, I feel deceived by the hype. The Deva blows it away in every category, well except fit. I'm sending the 560s back and I'm not someone who usually return things.
I need another pair of open back cans like I need a hole in my head. That said, I have been considering the 560s For a while now. No more. Thanks. Sincerely.

Jan 28, 2021 at 8:20 PM Post #602 of 984
Hello sorry not sure if this is the best place to ask. I was looking at the Deva with the bluetooth adaptor i don't think I will ever use it but its the only ones in stock around me. But my question is how are they for immersive single player open world games. Or are they more for completive gaming

Jan 28, 2021 at 10:07 PM Post #603 of 984
Hello sorry not sure if this is the best place to ask. I was looking at the Deva with the bluetooth adaptor i don't think I will ever use it but its the only ones in stock around me. But my question is how are they for immersive single player open world games. Or are they more for completive gaming
I think these would do really well for open world games. The bluetooth is a pretty damn good unit but if you don't need it then the drop he5xx is reportedly a repackaged Deva with a different look and no bluetooth. https://drop.com/buy/drop-hifiman-he5xx

Jan 29, 2021 at 6:03 AM Post #604 of 984
Does anyone have experience with changing the pads on Deva? My pair came with defective earpads, both pads have a hole (tear) in the fabric (see the attached files), and I would like to change them. I see that Dekoni Audio makes replacement pads for HiFiman HE400, but I am not sure if they will fit the Deva, I can not find info on that unfortunately. I found info that pads from HE5XX fit Deva, but I am still not sure if these pads are the same as HE400 and others.

I like the headphones, and I don't feel like returning them because of this. HiFiman support might send me the spare set, but I am not sure if they will.

Attachments

• IMG_20210127_195537~3.jpg
    IMG_20210127_195537~3.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20210127_195434~2.jpg
    IMG_20210127_195434~2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Jan 29, 2021 at 8:28 AM Post #605 of 984
I think these would do really well for open world games. The bluetooth is a pretty damn good unit but if you don't need it then the drop he5xx is reportedly a repackaged Deva with a different look and no bluetooth. https://drop.com/buy/drop-hifiman-he5xx
Thank you responding. Just one more question are they easy to drive or any amp/dac recommended

thanks

Jan 29, 2021 at 3:13 PM Post #609 of 984
Thank you responding. Just one more question are they easy to drive or any amp/dac recommended

thanks
They are somewhat easy to drive. I find that I can drive it off my phone without a dac amp but it sounds best connected through bluetooth. Also you can use the bluetooth dongle as a dac/amp without bluetooth. Just plug it straight into your pc with a usb cable.

Jan 29, 2021 at 3:20 PM Post #610 of 984
They are somewhat easy to drive. I find that I can drive it off my phone without a dac amp but it sounds best connected through bluetooth. Also you can use the bluetooth dongle as a dac/amp without bluetooth. Just plug it straight into your pc with a usb cable.

thank you i just bought them cannot wait for them to arrive

Jan 29, 2021 at 3:36 PM Post #611 of 984
Does anyone have experience with changing the pads on Deva? My pair came with defective earpads, both pads have a hole (tear) in the fabric (see the attached files), and I would like to change them. I see that Dekoni Audio makes replacement pads for HiFiman HE400, but I am not sure if they will fit the Deva, I can not find info on that unfortunately. I found info that pads from HE5XX fit Deva, but I am still not sure if these pads are the same as HE400 and others.

I like the headphones, and I don't feel like returning them because of this. HiFiman support might send me the spare set, but I am not sure if they will.
I believe the mounting points on the he400 are different than the Deva. The safest bet would be to go with the He5xx pads or contact hifiman for replacements.

Jan 29, 2021 at 4:07 PM Post #612 of 984
Thank you very much for the reply! That is what I have been afraid of. The guys making pads have to make them specially for the Deva, or HE5XX (unless they release newer models with the same fittings).

I have contacted HiFiman support, and I hope they will respond, they have a nice reputation for these things. I also read in this topic that people have received the pads from them.

Feb 2, 2021 at 11:04 AM Post #613 of 984
Have had the iFi Zen DAC for a few months now and love it. Bought it because I wanted to try balanced and see what the fuss was about. I have recently been listening to my Deva in balanced mode with a new Hart Audio cable (awesome by the way!). My first time with anything in balanced mode. All I can say is MAN-O'-MAN this sounds freakin' sweet. Took the Deva to a whole different level for me. I mean the difference was NOT subtle. It's the little happy moments like this that keep me in the game. Now ordering a 2.5mm cable for my ES100 to see what happens there with the Deva. And I may upgrade my AP80 to the balanced AP80 Pro.

Feb 2, 2021 at 8:01 PM Post #614 of 984
Have had the iFi Zen DAC for a few months now and love it. Bought it because I wanted to try balanced and see what the fuss was about. I have recently been listening to my Deva in balanced mode with a new Hart Audio cable (awesome by the way!). My first time with anything in balanced mode. All I can say is MAN-O'-MAN this sounds freakin' sweet. Took the Deva to a whole different level for me. I mean the difference was NOT subtle. It's the little happy moments like this that keep me in the game. Now ordering a 2.5mm cable for my ES100 to see what happens there with the Deva. And I may upgrade my AP80 to the balanced AP80 Pro.
Nice, yeah I tried balanced with the Deva into the FiiO Btr-5 yesterday for the first time and was impressed. I don't know if it was placebo though. I also feel impressed by the Deva every time I put it on so there's that too.

Feb 3, 2021 at 1:46 PM Post #615 of 984
I just got my headphone while its only for gaming and an occasional movie. They sound really good but it almost sounds like there is a crackling sound not all the time. Happens a few times during youtube and on netflix, but haven't experience it in a game. Even if i change the volume the crackling still happens

Could this be caused because i am using the Bluemini as an amp/dac

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back