Hifiman DEVA - Official Thread
May 24, 2020 at 3:57 PM Post #181 of 984
Cool! I was just couple hours before ur post checking the AEON2 closed version... It's seems it has potential and probably worth the 900 dollar price tag. I think Deva is also very good with small tuning that anyone can do.

I would like to know how to open Deva. Is there a glue involved or just some clips that hold the driver on the housing? I would probably just try some backmods... Probably ruining the warranty. I think it has potential to greater bass response and cleaner treble.
Note. there is a 15% discount on AF2 for new customers.

May 25, 2020 at 11:03 AM Post #182 of 984
Oh, so you got your salvation and ure not the only one -- this Deva thing appears to turn into a religion.

I was thinking the same just the other day. They're very good indeed. =)

May 25, 2020 at 11:07 AM Post #183 of 984
These are looking so tempting for its price... would these be a side grade or an upgrade from the HD600 while I wait for some ZMFs?

Two completely different sounds. I have both and even the differences in soundstage are vastly different. I'd recommend having a listen to the Deva's if at all possible. I think you'll be surprised. =)

May 25, 2020 at 11:09 AM Post #184 of 984
This company has what your looking for and I believe others have placed orders.

https://hartaudiocables.com/

Agreed. I ordered a Deva cable along with a new one for my T60RP's and James has been awesome but he's really backed up right now fyi with orders.

May 27, 2020 at 9:25 AM Post #185 of 984
Any one have managed to get 3.5 BAL to 4.4 cable for Deva? couple pages back there is link from AliX but it is a 3.5 BAL to 3.6 BAL. as far as I know Hifiman BAL jack have different configuration than 4.4 BAL

May 27, 2020 at 9:36 AM Post #187 of 984
Go look at hart cables. They have what you need. Nice cable and a couple people have actually ordered the 3.5 TRRS to 3.5 TRRS balanced. You then can order the 4.4 connection or just order the kit that has all the connections you every need.

thanks. looking forward other owner to share their impression with cable rolling

May 27, 2020 at 10:40 AM Post #188 of 984
Any one have managed to get 3.5 BAL to 4.4 cable for Deva? couple pages back there is link from AliX but it is a 3.5 BAL to 3.6 BAL. as far as I know Hifiman BAL jack have different configuration than 4.4 BAL

Yep. Definitely Hart Cables. I ordered one about a week ago with different interconnects. They're a little backed up right now with a lot of orders but shouldn't be more than 2 weeks or so. I'm not sure anybody's had a chance to cable roll yet but would be interested to hear impressions as well.

May 28, 2020 at 4:53 AM Post #190 of 984
Yep. Definitely Hart Cables. I ordered one about a week ago with different interconnects. They're a little backed up right now with a lot of orders but shouldn't be more than 2 weeks or so. I'm not sure anybody's had a chance to cable roll yet but would be interested to hear impressions as well.

how much does it cost at the Hart Cable?

May 28, 2020 at 5:01 AM Post #191 of 984
May 28, 2020 at 5:02 AM Post #192 of 984
May 31, 2020 at 10:19 PM Post #193 of 984
hi all!

got my Deva today.
I´m not unexperienced with headphones. Had Hifimans, Stax 404 407 with Amp, HE4XX Massdrop etc...
but the Deva doenst fit in that range, let me explain why:

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS ! The Deva is an outstanding brilliant Headphone! Superb Sound, and the possibility to take it wherever you wanng go. that thing is waaaaaayyyy underpriced and a bargain

I´m thinking about buying a second pair as a spare, more headphone is not needed. The soundquality fits perfect for me.

Holy sh**** and its not even burnt in , i´ll keep on listening

can you please compare Deva VS HE4xx , I have mixed bag thought, in terms of sound and technicalities (ignore the BT mini) FWIR, some say it is not an upgrade from HE4xx, some other say it is an upgrade from HE4xx with thin difference to Sundara.

for the note my Deva is on the way and now I have HE4xx

May 31, 2020 at 11:08 PM Post #194 of 984
can you please compare Deva VS HE4xx , I have mixed bag thought, in terms of sound and technicalities (ignore the BT mini) FWIR, some say it is not an upgrade from HE4xx, some other say it is an upgrade from HE4xx with thin difference to Sundara.

for the note my Deva is on the way and now I have HE4xx

So the Deva is without a doubt an upgrade from the HE4XX. I have both and the Deva sounds much clearer, more detail and overall wider. An upgrade in every conceivable way IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back