Hifiman DEVA - Official Thread
May 15, 2020 at 4:45 AM Post #151 of 984
You crushed my hope :frowning2: Hoping there is going to be atleast repleacement pads. The pads wont last too long.
We do have the earpads, you can email us at Customerservice@hifiman.com whenever you need any help, we will always be here at your service. :wink:

April

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
May 15, 2020 at 5:19 AM Post #152 of 984
May 16, 2020 at 11:01 AM Post #157 of 984
My take on the DEVA. Have a good weekend everyone.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/hifiman-deva.24334/reviews#item-review-23681

IMGP2972.JPG

May 16, 2020 at 5:41 PM Post #158 of 984
We do have the earpads, you can email us at Customerservice@hifiman.com whenever you need any help, we will always be here at your service. :wink:

April

Woah, really happy to see the amazing service of HIFIMAN at work!! :)

I also made an in-depth video review of Deva, with pairings, comparisons and a few jokes here and there, for your watching fun! :)

May 17, 2020 at 12:17 PM Post #160 of 984
The Sundara would probably be better for Classical and Jazz but Let me answer your questions in a different way.

I have had the Deva’s for over a month and they just keep getting better and better. What has impresses me me more and more is the base on the Deva’s. I think the Deva’s offer 90% of what the Sundara’s have but adds base that is so perfect and unique. The Deva’s play into the sub base but its the mid base where it shines. It never gets muddy. It is fast has substance and is always spot on. Most people might attribute base as more of a feeling but with the Deva’s its more of an experience.

My recommendation for everyone who has the Deva‘s is to play Nelly’s “On the Grind” It will blow you away.

Hope this helps.

May 17, 2020 at 2:18 PM Post #161 of 984
If you liked my old photos, with the flowers, I'm back now :)

I got Deva, and what can I say, so far I'm amazed. May kill the sales of Sundara, it is easier to drive, more stylish, more comfy than Sundy, feels better built at first sight, and comes with a bluetooth module. I need more ear time to tell whether it sounds better (on cable of course). The BT module is very potent though, has good batt life, and drives them well.

I can only wear them between my appartment and shop while doing shopping, because Romania is in quarantine, so I can't take that many good photos, but man, I'm loving the sound of them so far! :)

Feels like a nice fresh start for HIFIMAN and their midrange models.

IF I had any complaint so far tho:
- It looks worse in photos than it does in person
- cable on only one side means no way you can get custom cables properly
- Default cable is okay, but not great. Still better than what Sundara comes with
- Still not that easy to drive, smartphones won't do justice to them

On the bright side:

- I love the sound
- Stylish
- Comfy (larger cups, better for for my ears, better earpads). Need more time to say whetyher the headband works alright.

Overall, I'd call it a 9/10 from day1, let's see what others have to say and how they feel for others.

I will be around to answer questions, if anyone has curiosities about them :)

EU8S4BNXsAUrboc
I am really looking forward to hear your impressions as you listen to them, and how those compare to Sundara.

May 17, 2020 at 6:26 PM Post #162 of 984
Which one for classics and jazz in particular and other genres in general, Sundara or Deva, if you dont care for BT? I Both sells for about $ 375 in Europe.

Sundara has a more forward, more splashy and slightly brighter sound.

Deva has better sub bass extension and impact, more control, is wider, has more of an atmospheric presentation.

Sundara may work a bit better for rock, metal, really aggressive music. May also work a bit better for classical too.

Deva would work better for jazz, progressive, EDM, everything where soundstage is an important factor in making the decision.

The Sundara would probably be better for Classical and Jazz but Let me answer your questions in a different way.

I have had the Deva’s for over a month and they just keep getting better and better. What has impresses me me more and more is the base on the Deva’s. I think the Deva’s offer 90% of what the Sundara’s have but adds base that is so perfect and unique. The Deva’s play into the sub base but its the mid base where it shines. It never gets muddy. It is fast has substance and is always spot on. Most people might attribute base as more of a feeling but with the Deva’s its more of an experience.

My recommendation for everyone who has the Deva‘s is to play Nelly’s “On the Grind” It will blow you away.

Hope this helps.

Yes, it is like both have a really unique presentation, and both are awesome. I personally am getting more and more attached to Deva, somehow for classical I would probably still lean more towards Sundara, but for Jazz, I find Deva better thanks to the wider stage, and better sub-bass.

I am really looking forward to hear your impressions as you listen to them, and how those compare to Sundara.

I hope I am helping, the full written review will also come soon to Audiophile-Heaven! :)

May 19, 2020 at 7:50 AM Post #164 of 984
hello, how is DEVA for Death Metal such as newest album of Cattle Decapitation and electronic music such as SMILK and Infected Mushroom? overall is Deva capable in delivering fast lows?
@Dobrescu George

Fast lows is a big yes

I love Deva for Infected Mushroom to be honest. It ain't so bassy, if you want more bass, there are other 300 USD models, but the bass Deva prodivdes is clean and the whole sound crisp, I like it quite a lot.

For Cattle Decapitation, the mid of Deva is quite sweet, may sound too friendly for really aggressive death metal.

Some death metal sounds good, Wintersun, for example is a great match, I love the way Deva plays it, it is quick enough. Metal that's really playful, like Rings of Saturn is simply nice.

If you like a bit more bass, Deva may not have it, and I may suggest loking into Sundara more.

May 19, 2020 at 9:36 PM Post #165 of 984
Fast lows is a big yes

I love Deva for Infected Mushroom to be honest. It ain't so bassy, if you want more bass, there are other 300 USD models, but the bass Deva prodivdes is clean and the whole sound crisp, I like it quite a lot.

For Cattle Decapitation, the mid of Deva is quite sweet, may sound too friendly for really aggressive death metal.

Some death metal sounds good, Wintersun, for example is a great match, I love the way Deva plays it, it is quick enough. Metal that's really playful, like Rings of Saturn is simply nice.

If you like a bit more bass, Deva may not have it, and I may suggest loking into Sundara more.

Man, thanks for the insight. Keep the good work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back