Hifiman DEVA - Official Thread
May 7, 2020 at 5:33 AM Post #76 of 984
Yeah, the 3 pole, black fitting, goes into the headphone. It is a balanced cable, but it will still work with any source. Balanced or regular. Stinks that you didn't have time to play with it! Enjoy!

May 7, 2020 at 6:00 AM Post #78 of 984
Yeah, the 3 pole, black fitting, goes into the headphone. It is a balanced cable, but it will still work with any source. Balanced or regular. Stinks that you didn't have time to play with it! Enjoy!

I'll be headed home in a few hours and after some sleep I'll get a chance maybe to listen for an hour or so before I head back to work again. 😀

May 7, 2020 at 6:15 AM Post #81 of 984
I understand. Hate it when I don't have time to listen.

Yeah it's been bloody killing me all night at work knowing I have a brand new set of cans at the house that I haven't even heard yet lol

May 7, 2020 at 6:16 AM Post #82 of 984
Message me with your thoughts when you get a chance. I'm excited for you. Always a good day when new cans arrive!

Can do. 👍

May 7, 2020 at 6:20 AM Post #83 of 984
Also picked up this sweet case for the Deva's.

Screenshot_20200507-051930_Kiwi Browser.png

May 7, 2020 at 7:46 AM Post #85 of 984
I just ordered one those cases for myself. I stress having to leave these out around the kids. I hadn't seen that before, thanks for the tip!

I get it. It's only $29, too!

May 9, 2020 at 10:24 AM Post #87 of 984
Stumbled onto these this morning while reading up on my Massdrop pandas. Anyone here have those on order? I can cancel my order if I want and these look very compelling for 300. I prefer open back to closed and my use case would be sitting at my desk and moving about the house. These are very tempting indeed.

May 9, 2020 at 10:43 AM Post #88 of 984
I am still waiting for my Dealer to receive it.

May 9, 2020 at 11:28 AM Post #89 of 984
Well, there is always a case for a decent closed back, when you need to shut out the noise of the world. However, if you plan to use these in a quiet environment, and you're not a basshead, I would recommend the Devas. They would benefit from a decent desktop setup, but you're not tied to your desk with their BT capabilities.

May 9, 2020 at 8:59 PM Post #90 of 984
Yeah my current go-to cans are my HD600's so I can relate. I had the 6XX but I'm more a fan of detailed treble and cans on the brighter side of things specifically for female vocals. I almost always listen to well-recorded music so I'm anxious to see how the Deva performs. My current detail can is the Fostex T60RP and the sound of it just blows me away. I'm stoked though. I wish they'd hurry up already haha

You like the T60RP? I'm thinking of picking up a set of those. Of late I have an interest in hard to drive SE headphones. I'm making up a reason to pick up an Asgard 3. I currently have the 4xx and like them a lot. I have also peaked at the Deva, but want to try a Fostex headphone before getting another Hifiman headphone.I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the Fostex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back