HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Nov 27, 2023 at 6:04 AM Post #11,266 of 11,868
I find Arya Stealth to be mostly suitable for classical or ambient genres, that's where they excel. They have piercing highs that are very noticeable with rock, pop or metal. Depends on the recording also. Definitely not an all-rounder, but for classical or ambient lover they are fantastic.

Nov 28, 2023 at 3:13 AM Post #11,267 of 11,868
As mentioned previously, I had the Arya Stealth a few months back, so am now reluctant to get the Organic.

Something about the treble on the Arya stealth, that caused some ringing in my ear, which also caused a bit of a sting on the eardrum on some music.

Too many people have said the same about Arya stealth, for it not to be an issue with the drivers, IMO.

Relying on EQ is not an option to me, and with many others it seems.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2023 at 3:34 AM Post #11,268 of 11,868
As mentioned previously, I had the Arya Stealth a few months back but am now reluctant to get the Organic.

Something about the treble on the Arya stealth, that caused some ringing in my ear, which also caused a bit of a sting on the eardrum on some music.

Too many people have said the same about Arya stealth, for it not to be an issue with the drivers, IMO.

Relying in EQ is not an option to me, and many others it seems.
I agree with you i have the arya stealth & the he1000v2 which I prefer over the stealth.
I must admit I like the arya with a R2R dac/amp like the ef400 & ef600 that tends to mellow the highs out.
I have a woo audio wa7 fireflies 3rd gen coming tomorrow & are looking forward to trying that with the arya stealth.
I'm not against equalizers but I use the schiit loki mini plus & Lokius on my headphones.
Changing sound signatures shouldn't have to be radical if the headphones are suitable out of the box.

Nov 28, 2023 at 4:50 AM Post #11,270 of 11,868
I bought an arya v2, can it go well with rock and metal?
It is best to listen first with your own ears and give it a few days.

If they don't agree with your ears, you will know after an hour or so.

Different DAC/Amp pairings can achieve optimum synergy for your ears, with your music preferences.

Nov 28, 2023 at 10:32 AM Post #11,271 of 11,868
I got a used Arya Stealth a few weeks ago and first impressions were it was too hot and spicy for me. It felt so different from what I was using at the time (focal clear, lcd-x) and I ended up needing to EQ them.

After EQ, they are spectacular and I enjoy using them. I've been using them mainly to get more of an idea of them. With the EQ, they are wonderful for the genres I've been listening to them on and the sound stage is so open.

The weight and comfort is next level compared to the LCD-X and I think it's on terms with the Clear. It is very comfy and I thoroughly have been enjoying it so far.

Nov 29, 2023 at 12:44 AM Post #11,272 of 11,868
The organic is much better with vocals hands down.
Why, why, why, do these discussions go on.

The difference between the various Arya's could be easily neutralized with EQ.

Buy an equalizer once, or new phones yearly.

Nov 29, 2023 at 7:39 AM Post #11,273 of 11,868
Why, why, why, do these discussions go on.

The difference between the various Arya's could be easily neutralized with EQ.

Buy an equalizer once, or new phones yearly.
Because everyone is on the search for the perfect solution. Buying and selling and eventually ending up with what works is what I’ve done. I couldn’t imagine what the Focal Clear or Sennheiser 800s did until I auditioned them for a few days.

I’m a ZMF fan because it suits the wide variety of things I listen to. But others swear by Hifiman or Audeze or Meze. Many on these forums own many. I do think that the Organic punches above its weight for the price range though regardless of the sound signature.

There’s no way I can read reviews or comments and know how I will respond to a particular item. I actually have to have them for a few days. There see so many variables. I also find EQ on Mac not especially great. Windows has more options.

Nov 29, 2023 at 7:43 AM Post #11,274 of 11,868
The HE1000se has the susvara magnet tech, the HE1000 V2 (like the Arya V2) has a different magnet array than the HE1000 V2 Stealth (has Arya Stealth/Organic type array).
Might HE1000v2 Magnet array be superior to HE1000 Stealth?
I owned very recently HE1000 Stealth but sold It to try It but it didn't Blow me away like i tried HE1000v2 4 years ago, Arya Stealth Is inferior and i would like to get either HE1000v2 or HE1000 Stealth, but you know It Is the newer headphone and Stealth magnets which Is tempting. But if you Say HE1000v2 have superior magnets i might get It and be Happy without the Stealth technology, i really loves HE1000v2 back then🔥
There Is also 350$ update program tempting from Arya Stealth to a new Organic.

Nov 29, 2023 at 9:15 AM Post #11,275 of 11,868
I owned very recently HE1000 Stealth but sold It to try It but it didn't Blow me away like i tried HE1000v2 4 years ago, Arya Stealth Is inferior and i would like to get either HE1000v2 or HE1000 Stealth, but you know It Is the newer headphone and Stealth magnets which Is tempting. But if you Say HE1000v2 have superior magnets i might get It and be Happy without the Stealth technology, i really loves HE1000v2 back then🔥
HE1000 Stealth is the V2 with stealth magnets. Allows for things to get more intense, the V2 always seems to be unnecessarily airy (for lack of a better word).

Nov 29, 2023 at 10:28 AM Post #11,276 of 11,868
HE1000V2 was an iconic headphone and my endgame from 2017-2019 - but like everything in life, things get better (eventually).

The HE1000 Stealth is objectively a better headphone on the technical front, but with inicreased technicals you usually tend to lose some of the romantic traits, and therefore subjective impressions are really personal.

I still would take the HE1000 Stealth over the HE1000v2 every single time given the choice, especially with the current cost savings. That being said, the OG had a more relaxed midrange and softened dynamics which has it's charm.

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Nov 30, 2023 at 5:23 PM Post #11,278 of 11,868
I agree with you i have the arya stealth & the he1000v2 which I prefer over the stealth.
I must admit I like the arya with a R2R dac/amp like the ef400 & ef600 that tends to mellow the highs out.
I have a woo audio wa7 fireflies 3rd gen coming tomorrow & are looking forward to trying that with the arya stealth.
I'm not against equalizers but I use the schiit loki mini plus & Lokius on my headphones.
Changing sound signatures shouldn't have to be radical if the headphones are suitable out of the box.
What about the HE1000V2 do you like over the Stealth? I picked up the Stealth right when it came down to $999, and demo'd the HE1000V2 for about 10 minutes but was not able to do an AB comparison...

Also curious how they sound with the WA7; I have a WA6-SE (2nd gen) on the way.

Nov 30, 2023 at 5:57 PM Post #11,279 of 11,868
What about the HE1000V2 do you like over the Stealth? I picked up the Stealth right when it came down to $999, and demo'd the HE1000V2 for about 10 minutes but was not able to do an AB comparison...

Also curious how they sound with the WA7; I have a WA6-SE (2nd gen) on the way.
Can comment on the arya stealth & wa7 fireflies because last night I had the he1000v2 plugged into it & I really enjoyed the smooth detailed sound I was hearing. Only just got the wa7 yesterday but I will plug the arya in this weekend & let you know.
I prefer the he1000v2 because of the intermediate sound with good stage & clarity don't get me wrong because the arya stealth is very good when you want a more lively in your face sound.

Nov 30, 2023 at 10:59 PM Post #11,280 of 11,868
Soooo… I finally fell victim to HiFiMan quality issues. I’ve never been a fan of the cheap construction quality of their products but I just accepted it because I’m a fan of the sound.

The adjustment mechanism started getting loose and began rattling more than normal on one side. I reached to HiFiMan to get a replacement and they told me they don’t sell replacement headbands for the Arya SE. I get that they’ve moved on the Organic but the SE is not an old product.

I was actually thinking to buy the HE1000SE again. I couldn’t imagine having something fail on that headphone and just being told sorry.

I believe I may be done with the brand for good.

Message me if you have a headband for sale haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back