HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Nov 16, 2023 at 2:33 PM Post #11,236 of 11,884
Apparently, EQ APO has features of which I wasn't aware (new, or years ago?)

In any case, I'm very satisfied with local EQ. The Lokius is one of my most treasured purchases.

If one is happy with their current EQ choices, far be it for me to dissuade.
I use the Lokius with my topping a90 discrete & d90le. I also bought the schiit loki mini + to use with my ef600. Both are perfect for what I wanted as far as the he1000v2 & arya stealth.

Nov 16, 2023 at 5:38 PM Post #11,237 of 11,884
Apparently, EQ APO has features of which I wasn't aware (new, or years ago?)

In any case, I'm very satisfied with local EQ. The Lokius is one of my most treasured purchases.

If one is happy with their current EQ choices, far be it for me to dissuade.
I’m also a fan of the Lokius. I’ve had one integrated in my setup since it was announced. It’s one of the best tweaks and purchases I’ve made since getting into the hobby.

Nov 17, 2023 at 5:31 PM Post #11,238 of 11,884
Burn in is a bad word to use. You aren't changing the sound of the Arya in this case, you are breaking-in (exercising) the diaphragm so that is moving as intended when the magnets are manipulating it. That's it. The HiFiMan comes fairly stiff new, so it is a definite must.
Agree and this is similar to all other devices with moving parts. (It is quite different - to me at least - as to when we 're "burning in cables"......)

Nov 18, 2023 at 1:18 PM Post #11,239 of 11,884
I wanted to jump on this thread since I just recently purchased a pair of Arya Organics. For reference my current full size cans are the 800s, Focal Clear MG, and 660s.
My impression is on the SP3000 as the front end out, and into a Fluxlabs 12 fully balanced class A Amp.
I'm generally not big on break in, however out of the box, I found these a bit jarring and to some degree a bit of censoring overload.

So, I decided after a few songs to just leave them on with Roon playing my music collection in shuffle mode and check in a few days later.
after a work day, I would check in and have a quick listen still not all that happy with what I was hearing.
After 4 or 5 days of break in, things started to change for the better and I found myself more engaged. like I mentioned at first listen I wasn’t feeling it, and found the timbre the overall sound was front forward and a bit too much. But they have tamed down and no i don’t think it’s because i got use to them I honestly believe they benefited from break in and for the first time in my opinion I think a headphone that I own have benefited from break in.

today after a few hours of listening I’m thoroughly enjoying them and have been going back and forth with my existing headphones and finding myself enjoying the Arya more than anything I swap. That’s exciting because I thought i might be sending them back.
Anyways, I’m off to listening and enjoying the Aryas.

Nov 19, 2023 at 2:24 PM Post #11,241 of 11,884
A huge improvement on my Arya Organic and the new Clan Audio cable.

IMG_20231119_200022.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2023 at 2:07 AM Post #11,244 of 11,884
I wanted to jump on this thread since I just recently purchased a pair of Arya Organics. For reference my current full size cans are the 800s, Focal Clear MG, and 660s.
My impression is on the SP3000 as the front end out, and into a Fluxlabs 12 fully balanced class A Amp.
I'm generally not big on break in, however out of the box, I found these a bit jarring and to some degree a bit of censoring overload.

So, I decided after a few songs to just leave them on with Roon playing my music collection in shuffle mode and check in a few days later.
after a work day, I would check in and have a quick listen still not all that happy with what I was hearing.
After 4 or 5 days of break in, things started to change for the better and I found myself more engaged. like I mentioned at first listen I wasn’t feeling it, and found the timbre the overall sound was front forward and a bit too much. But they have tamed down and no i don’t think it’s because i got use to them I honestly believe they benefited from break in and for the first time in my opinion I think a headphone that I own have benefited from break in.

today after a few hours of listening I’m thoroughly enjoying them and have been going back and forth with my existing headphones and finding myself enjoying the Arya more than anything I swap. That’s exciting because I thought i might be sending them back.
Anyways, I’m off to listening and enjoying the Aryas.

Same, my Arya was the first headphone where I noticed a significant difference after burn-in. Before the burn-in it sounded bizarre and lacked coherence. It had a bit of a hollow and thin sound like a radio and the bass was sloppy but the overall sound was still hi-fi. After the burn-in (off head with pink noise) the Arya immediately sounded "just right" coming from my Harman-tuned HD 8XX.

Btw I wanna give you a virtual high five :hand_splayed: since we're rocking a very similar headphone collection 🤙

Nov 21, 2023 at 10:22 AM Post #11,245 of 11,884
"The Arya was the first headphone for which I tried to listen for burn-in; I did not hear any such." I suppose the issue was that I was already used to Harman-like tuning or EQ, and within the first day set up an EQ profile based on headphones.com's measurements. Switching that EQ profile on was the most immediate increase in clarity and "rightness" I had heard until then. After a month of music and overnight pink noise, I can't say I heard much improvements over those from applying EQ, but that's just my experience. Anyways, I will likely be fetching an HE1000se soon and being doing both listening and in-ear measurements for said burn-in.

Nov 22, 2023 at 12:21 PM Post #11,246 of 11,884
Anyone can compare the Arya V2 vs the Organic?

Nov 22, 2023 at 4:00 PM Post #11,247 of 11,884
Sadly havent tried the new Arya organic, but if i had to choose between Arya v1 and Arya se (and i did :p) id go for the v1.
On the up side, SE did seem to be easyer to drive, and it had some more bass elevation (which i preffer, and i run a slight bass shelf on my v1's). Tho, for me, the good new end there.
I find that v1 has more nuance to the sound. The stage is a fair bit deeper and everything is layered in a more ''natural'' way. On first listen, i also thought that SE was more resolving, but i no longer believe that to be the case. I feel like v1 is more nuanced with the details, it sort of places them inside the stage for you to find if you want to, where as SE pushes them more forward and in your face. And well both v1 and se have treble thats on the spicy side, i found that se was a bit harsher and more forward.
I also feel like v1 has more sub bass, where as the se is tuned more with a slight mid bass elevation.
Mind you, neither of them are bad, and there both pretty great cans, but, after testing both side by side, i deffinetly prefer v1

Nov 23, 2023 at 5:43 AM Post #11,249 of 11,884
I was comparing arya organic and arya stealth.
Verdict, don't switch from arya stealth to arya organic. The overpayment is not worth it. They are the same level of headphones, just a little different tuning. Moreover, so minimal that more changes in the sound give a change of ear cushions than just the difference between the headphones. Marketing in general. Headphones of the same class. So the owners of Aria Stealth be calm, you do not lose anything, you can not even look in the direction of organic, the transition is not justified.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back